shape
carat
color
clarity

Choosing Pearl Earrings

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Ah, that's right. I forgot you did say you wanted dangle earrings. Looks like you got a great deal. :)

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, that's right. I forgot you did say you wanted dangle earrings. Looks like you got a great deal. :)

I think I got what I paid for, whereas the PP stuff didn’t feel that way to me. Its hard to know which vendors one can trust. So far, Pearl Paradise has had good customer service. I didn’t want to waste their time but ended up doing so. Still waiting on the refunds.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha I think it’s great that you got the PPs actually! Best way to know how *you* will feel is to see them in-person! And PP makes that easy - your refund will come through no worries.

It’s a tough time to be looking for WSS. If you like your new pearls and you find that you wear them a lot - then if you still want WSS you’ll know that the search will be worth the time and cost to you. But if you find that you don’t reach for them then you’ll have saved yourself a big bundle o’ cash!! ::)

Bibbi*Jazzy*T

Rough_Rock
How big are your ear lobes?
I have large ear lobes and I find that pearl sizes that would work just fine for studs just look too small on me when worn as dangles. These are 8-9mm Freshadamas and they just seem too small:
Freshadama 8.0-9.0mm dangles posted on PS.jpeg

Love those on your ears
They don't look that small to me.

Bibbi*Jazzy*T

Rough_Rock
I am in NYC today because my daughter is going to be playing violin at Carnegie Hall tonight, and I had some time, so I went to Mikimoto, and it was really fun! I was able to educate my eyes, and it turns out I love South Sea pearls! Here are some that I compared. The little ones are Akoyas.

0DFD7F15-F141-47FF-92BD-ACC3C80820D5.jpeg

I love this pair of 11.9mm WSS!

6E23B1B0-94E6-4E27-8122-F55E86E62A90.jpeg

Here it is again, compared with a 10mm pair.

570EF6DE-9F14-4F83-A50B-744066B9584A.jpeg

What fun!

Those are GORGEOUS :kiss2:
Don't own pearls.
Me thinks that I should get a pair. ;-)

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Update: I like the 4 pearls I got from the dealer in China. I glued them to these white gold Stuller earring settings. The bottom ones don’t actually appear yellow in person. They look pearly white.

40CB015A-C521-4A72-8FA8-E65B5237D13F.jpeg

The seller sent me the wrong necklace and was sort of shady about admitting it. They were literally 2mm smaller than they were supposed to be. I returned it.

I have just ordered a beautiful strand of Edisons from Pearlescence, and I’m excited about them! I’ll update when I have them. I think it’ll be a while, as they’ll be traveling from the UK to the US.

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Throwback Thursdays: November 2021
    Throwback Thursdays: November 2021 - 11/25
    Black Friday and Cyber Monday Sales 2021
    Black Friday and Cyber Monday Sales 2021 - 11/24
    Bringing Gemstones to Life in Nigeria
    Bringing Gemstones to Life in Nigeria - 11/22