shape
carat
color
clarity

Choosing an asscher is a little like choosing a husband..........

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
1) They come in all styles and sizes and it takes time to find the right one
2) You can't choose them by the numbers alone
2) You may swipe left on the vast majority you see
3) You may swipe right on a few, only discover below-par performance
3) Sometimes the right one turns up when you least expect it
4) Complete perfection is not a realistic goal, quirks are all part of the package

:lol::lol::lol:

I was thinking about my long and winding journey to finding my perfect asscher, and all the asschers I rejected along the way. :doh:

Anyway by the time I found this one, I was so paranoid about making sure I had a good one with all the ingredients us PS'ers look for, I almost forgot to fall in love with it! :eek2::wall:

Its taken me at least 7 days out of my 30 return period to decide that this one is up to scratch. I fretted over the pale green aea under the table in the ASET and spent a ridiculous amount of time looking for evidence of leakage in one of the steps.

1614105497124.jpeg

You can just about see it in the first photo against a blue background, but generally the stone dances and sparkles so much that it all just becomes part of the step patterning.

1614103410882.jpeg 1614104219490.jpeg 1614104303909.png

1614104382343.png 1614104456085.png 1614104590587.png

I think we PS'ers have a tendency to over-analyse our sparklies (I'm very guilty of this :wall:) and sometimes you just have to go with what pleases your eyes. I think that when it comes to fancy cuts, ASET is a really useful tool for ruling out poor performing stones but it can't always predict which ones will be the most pleasing in person. :cool2:

Attachments

• 1614105235771.jpeg
    1614105235771.jpeg
    151.1 KB · Views: 7

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh. That is one incredible stone. Seriously. Your research efforts seem to have paid off in spades!

May I ask the weight and dimensions? I want to know so much more - like how are you planning on setting it? I will be following your journey with interest!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol:

So glad you finally found the one!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Your pursuit of gems is formidable. Always finding a winner!

cheers--Sharon

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In praise of diamonds - nice ones always look nice, they do not put on weight, do not answer back, and do not stray into the paths of younger and more attractive models.

DK :lol-2:

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is a gorgeous asscher!!

Thank you :D

Oh my gosh. That is one incredible stone. Seriously. Your research efforts seem to have paid off in spades!

May I ask the weight and dimensions? I want to know so much more - like how are you planning on setting it? I will be following your journey with interest!

Thank you! Its 1.59cts, H VVS1, 6.55mm x 6.52mm. Table 61, depth 66.3. I'm definitely going to set it with other diamonds (probably step cuts) in some kind of deco type style but I havent narrowed down my setting ideas any further. My husband is already cringing at the thought of another lengthy decision-making process with me changing my mind every other day :lol:

:lol:

So glad you finally found the one!

Diamond vendors around the world can now breathe a sigh of relief too....... :D:lol:

I think we need to see photos of your husband.

No photos available I'm afraid, but I can confirm he has a great ASET image :D:kiss2:

That's a lovely asscher! Congratulations....well done.

Thank you.

HI:

Your pursuit of gems is formidable. Always finding a winner!

cheers--Sharon

No-one can accuse me of not being devoted to the cause :lol: but I will probably be on a ban for the forseeable future now!

Beautiful! How many do you think you've seriously looked at before finding the one?

In person, probably 25 - 30, online: literally thousands :eek2: I ordered and returned 3 over the last 2 years, so its actually a miracle that this one is a keeper.....

In praise of diamonds - nice ones always look nice, they do not put on weight, do not answer back, and do not stray into the paths of younger and more attractive models.

So true! That must be why they are "a girls best friend" :lol:

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous find, and good for you for being persistent and leaving no asscher unturned! Can't wait to hear more about this stone and your plans for it!! :love:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous diamond! Your persistence really paid off. Can't wait to see how you set it.

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous find, and good for you for being persistent and leaving no asscher unturned! Can't wait to hear more about this stone and your plans for it!! :love:

Gorgeous diamond! Your persistence really paid off. Can't wait to see how you set it.

Thanks. Still debating the setting. Here are a couple of videos:

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
What a pretty stone! Can't wait to see how you set it!

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
I can imagine you agonizing over that ASET and toting that diamond all over your property. Let us recall the perfect ASETs of diamonds that disappointed. This is so lovely, it's charmed you. And everyone here, we can't wait to see how you set it. It has kind of an old world vibe, I think Art Deco would be a wonderful direction.

Papillion

Rough_Rock
What a beauty! Thanks for the future reference to know what a good one looks like!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

But we all wouldn't mind if they put on a little weight, right? I'm referring to our diamonds, not our husbands!:lol:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a GORGEOUS hunk o’ hotness right there!!!! :cool2: Put him front and center in my next calendar please :love:

I think RT can fall into the trap of “red is best”. More red is just more brighter light... A mirror would have the most red but no one would want to wear it!! An even pattern of mixed red, green, blue, and see-through/black always creates the most visually appealing fancy shape, I think. Yours looks absolutely phenomenal to me! :bigsmile::geek::bigsmile:

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
But we all wouldn't mind if they put on a little weight, right? I'm referring to our diamonds, not our husbands!:lol:

I totally agree with u!

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you :D

Thank you! Its 1.59cts, H VVS1, 6.55mm x 6.52mm. Table 61, depth 66.3. I'm definitely going to set it with other diamonds (probably step cuts) in some kind of deco type style but I havent narrowed down my setting ideas any further. My husband is already cringing at the thought of another lengthy decision-making process with me changing my mind every other day :lol:

Diamond vendors around the world can now breathe a sigh of relief too....... :D:lol:

No photos available I'm afraid, but I can confirm he has a great ASET image :D:kiss2:

Thank you.

No-one can accuse me of not being devoted to the cause :lol: but I will probably be on a ban for the forseeable future now!

In person, probably 25 - 30, online: literally thousands :eek2: I ordered and returned 3 over the last 2 years, so its actually a miracle that this one is a keeper.....

So true! That must be why they are "a girls best friend" :lol:

Is the chosen one.. The one which has a photo of it uncut in its GIA certificate? I was going to say Beautiful!! But then realised that heart throb is a more apt description.. :kiss2: :kiss2:

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
wow! stunning stone!!!!! congrats!!!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
The area that is blue is providing contrast for the patterns.
The test when seeing this is tilt it slightly and that it flashes without a ton of tilt then all is good.
1614103410882.jpeg

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

I am not a fan of aset with a while background for step cuts it always over states leakage, when its all you can get its fine.
A lot of the whitish areas in ASET with a black background would go green or red.
ASET white it only takes a few percentage leakage to turn an area white in step cuts.

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:appl:

Mesmerizing.
What a pretty stone! Can't wait to see how you set it!

What a beauty! Thanks for the future reference to know what a good one looks like!
That is a GORGEOUS hunk o’ hotness right there!!!! :cool2: Put him front and center in my next calendar please :love:

I think RT can fall into the trap of “red is best”. More red is just more brighter light... A mirror would have the most red but no one would want to wear it!! An even pattern of mixed red, green, blue, and see-through/black always creates the most visually appealing fancy shape, I think. Yours looks absolutely phenomenal to me! :bigsmile::geek::bigsmile:
Works on the car, cuts the grass, wears sneakers everywhere.
Nice stone!

wow! stunning stone!!!!! congrats!!!

Thanks, everyone. I'm pleased I finally have a winner.

I can imagine you agonizing over that ASET and toting that diamond all over your property. Let us recall the perfect ASETs of diamonds that disappointed. This is so lovely, it's charmed you. And everyone here, we can't wait to see how you set it. It has kind of an old world vibe, I think Art Deco would be a wonderful direction.

You are so right, that asscher has been in every room, garden, driveway and also out on a walk on a sunny day. :D And yes, there was a catalogue of previous efforts that missed the mark. I wish I could just make a decision now on how to set it so I can hurry up and get it on my finger already!

Completely! My hubby is in no danger of being upgraded, but my diamonds, well........ :lol-2:

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Is the chosen one.. The one which has a photo of it uncut in its GIA certificate? I was going to say Beautiful!! But then realised that heart throb is a more apt description.. :kiss2: :kiss2:

Actually its not that one. I decided against that one because the windmills weren't completely aligned between the crown and pavilion and that was bugging me because it makes for a less pleasing step pattern than I was looking for.

1614196487620.jpeg

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The area that is blue is providing contrast for the patterns.
The test when seeing this is tilt it slightly and that it flashes without a ton of tilt then all is good.
1614103410882.jpeg

yummy
For some more fun tilt it side to side and catch the light right and walk it accross the stone lighting up different parts as you slowly tilt it.

I am not a fan of aset with a while background for step cuts it always over states leakage, when its all you can get its fine.
A lot of the whitish areas in ASET with a black background would go green or red.
ASET white it only takes a few percentage leakage to turn an area white in step cuts.

Thanks Karl_K. That does seem to be the case with this diamond, I see very little leakage in person (thank goodness). Interesting that the 2 varieties of ASET can show slightly different results!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results