shape
carat
color
clarity

Chinese moissanite rings, how have they held up?

baileydare16

Shiny_Rock
if you purchased your ring from a chinese moissanite company, how long have you had it and how well had it held up? I’m purchasing my e-ring from starsgem. I’ve read the entire thread but a lot of people don’t follow up with reviews months after having the piece and i’m curious about the quality/craftsmanship of these rings and if they can be a daily wear piece.

tonielle

Rough_Rock
I got mine from Provence. Wear it daily, take it off at night. But I do wear it sometimes when doing dishes and some chores. It is a higher set with an 8.5mm round, so it is more prone to getting caught on things.

I have 1.9mm bands with pave, and a hidden halo. I’m assuming those details are very prone to the stones falling out, and that hasn’t happened yet!

Everything’s held up fine! I’ve had it since the end of January I believe.

I’ve only seen one ring fall apart from Tianyu on Reddit, https://www.reddit.com/r/Moissanite/comments/abrtn9/tianyu_update_2/?st=JTP7VZC1&sh=fef99d30 but the ring’s design was very unique and complex, not something we normally see. I think most of the “everyday” rings we see have held up well.

jrzgrl1119

Shiny_Rock
I bought a ring from a Chinese company in 2013 .I can't remember which company:(
I purchased the setting and the band with pave diamonds. The center Stone I ordered from c&c and had set locally. My ring has held up perfectly! I haven't lost any stones or had any bending of the band. IMG_20190322_121201~2.jpg

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
There are a few of us that bought rings back in late 2017 from these Chinese companies. I have bought and sold a lot of mine,...not because they didn’t hold up but because I wanted more complex settings. There is a long thread with follow up on weddingbee but it is over 300 pages and we talk a lot about the quality and design. A couple people have had their rings tested at the Assay’s office in Birmingham, England. The gold and platinum have all been spot on because the Chinese actually purchase it from the government. It is government controlled so their hallmark’s will be recognized around the world.

I have kept my rings relatively simple and made them thicker than the average person so they hold up. I haven’t had any moissanite oil slick problems or structural problems with my rings. I think if they are not made super thin or complicated, they will last. The only ring I have had a problem with is a platinum ring that got misshapen when I was tripped while taking my daughter skating and I landed on my left hand. The platinum alloy is PT950/Palladium which is softer than what they use in the US. I am redoing that ring with the same design but in a stronger platinum of PT950 & Ruthenium. A lot of us ended up here from the original Tianyu reddit posts. The discussions were all held on weddingbee since pricescope did not allow moissanite discussion at the time. So it is not that people are dissatisfied or the quality has been bad or there has been no follow up. A few of us have stuck around to help other people with their CAD’s and the process because we enjoy the part that a lot of people find intimidating or hate. So that is the backstory....you can read up on weddingbee for the Starsgem CAD & Tianyu CAD threads as well to see the finish products & discussions. I will have updates with my new rings and stones from SG relatively soon. My favorite cuts are bing done with diamond settings and the process is so mush slower than the Chinese turnaround time.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results