shape
carat
color
clarity

chiffon in October?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JR320

Shiny_Rock
What do you all think about Chiffon for fall?

My wedding will be October 17 and I''m going tomorrow to look for bridesmaids dresses with some of my girls.

I''m trying to find a line where they can each choose their own style (working with lots of different body types) and we''re looking at Wtoo. I always sort of thought of chiffon as a spring/summer fabric, but they have so many cute styles in chiffon that I love!

My dress is Taffeta and the BM dresses will be chocolate brown if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I think that chocolate brown is a very appropriate color for Fall!

Then again, I might be biased. I am wearing a brown Watters bridesmaid dress in a wedding this year on October 4th.
9.gif

My Watters 416 BM Dress

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Hey, that''s my b-day!

I think chiffon is fine in October as long as the wedding is indoors or you''re in a location that doesn''t have seasons. My friend wore a chiffon wedding dress during the last week of November if that helps (her bridesmaids wore taffeta).

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2009 9:55:50 PM
Author: jstarfireb
Hey, that''s my b-day!

I think chiffon is fine in October as long as the wedding is indoors or you''re in a location that doesn''t have seasons. My friend wore a chiffon wedding dress during the last week of November if that helps (her bridesmaids wore taffeta).
Whoops... well I guess our dresses won''t be in season. The wedding ceremony is outdoors and in New England!

JR320

Shiny_Rock
jstarfireb - the wedding will be indoors, but it is in Ohio where we definitely have seasons... It will just be beginning to get cooler in October.... hmmm..

Clairitek - that is actually one of the chiffon dresses that I LOVE! I hope my bridesmaids like it as well. We''ll see.

Here is a picture of my dress for reference. I''m pretty clueless as to how much their dresses should compliment mine. So maybe its best to stick with an luminescent taffeta... I don''t know!

JR320dress41.JPG

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Personally I think using chifffon depends more on the type of wedding, than the actual season. Brown is definitely appropriate for fall, but these days it really doesn''t matter what color you wear, becuase you can pretty much build any type of wedding in any climate.

I would just make sure whatever you choose, fits the wedding "feel" you are going for. Just my .02

meresal

Ideal_Rock

Personally I think using chifffon depends more on the type of wedding, than the actual season. Brown is definitely appropriate for fall, but these days it really doesn''t matter what color you wear, becuase you can pretty much build any type of wedding in any climate.

I would just make sure whatever you choose, fits the wedding "feel" you are going for. Just my .02

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2009 10:06:04 PM
Author: Clairitek
Date: 3/31/2009 9:55:50 PM

Author: jstarfireb

Hey, that's my b-day!

I think chiffon is fine in October as long as the wedding is indoors or you're in a location that doesn't have seasons. My friend wore a chiffon wedding dress during the last week of November if that helps (her bridesmaids wore taffeta).

Whoops... well I guess our dresses won't be in season. The wedding ceremony is outdoors and in New England!

Haha, C-tek, all I meant was that I wouldn't want people to freeze their bums off! Then again, I wore a tea-length strapless bridesmaid dress in October in upstate NY! (And I DID freeze my bum off!)

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
jstarfireb is dead on--as long as the groomsmen won''t have to carry bridesmaidscicles in and out of your ceremony, i think it''d be fine. also, i personally think the sweetheart neckline and ruching detail on the link posted by clairitek flatters your wedding dress really well!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results