shape
carat
color
clarity

Chicago in November?

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm thinking about visiting Chicago in November, but I realize it's awfully cold. Do any of you PSer's live in Chicago? If so, do you think it is still an enjoyable time of year to visit?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I live close and have been there in early November. It is cold for sure but not painful like Jan/Feb. Bring a warm jacket/clothes and you will be fine.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Hubs and I went for our honeymoon at Christmas. It was unbearably cold, but we still made due and did A LOT of walking. I had to find some fleece stockings to wear under my normal pants. I thought I knew cold because I'm from WNY, but this is a whole new ball game. I forgot about the wind :oops:

It was honestly not that terrible. We had a great time, and even though it snowed and was cold and windy, we had a great time.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
It will be cold as fuh, but there are cabs, trains and plenty of warm places! Like Barneys. Tiffanys. Hermes. Dimend Scassi. Nordstrom. Giordanos.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think LY was a bit of an anomaly (hopefully?), but Nov broke cold/freezing records for the city.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
It will be cold, but likely not terribly so. It also depends on when you plan to visit in November because the average temps (typically) gradually decline over the course of the month.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nala, Chicago can be very cold in November. I would not let that keep me from visiting but dress warm. There are so many wonderful stores on Michigan Avenue. Stay on Michigan Ave and just pop in a store if you get too cold while walking. There are also cabs waiting outside the hotels. Getting around should not be a problem. We usually stay at the Marriott on Michigan Ave.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ame|1439299679|3913284 said:
It will be cold as fuh, but there are cabs, trains and plenty of warm places! Like Barneys. Tiffanys. Hermes. Dimend Scassi. Nordstrom. Giordanos.

ame, shop on!!!!!!!!!! That's my kind of workout: Power walk from Barneys to Tiffanys to Hermes to Dimend Scassi to Nordstrom to Giordanos, heehee!!!

Maybe we could have a PS Marathon of this kind someday that moves from city to city, the finish line would be in a restaurant over apps, drinks, desserts, and shopping show and tell :appl:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
azstonie|1439398946|3913733 said:
ame|1439299679|3913284 said:

ame, shop on!!!!!!!!!! That's my kind of workout: Power walk from Barneys to Tiffanys to Hermes to Dimend Scassi to Nordstrom to Giordanos, heehee!!!

Maybe we could have a PS Marathon of this kind someday that moves from city to city, the finish line would be in a restaurant over apps, drinks, desserts, and shopping show and tell :appl:
I was there at the end of April, in the middle of a weird cold snap, and that's basically what I did. Put on my ScottEVest hoodie that has all the awesome inside pockets (I LOVE the Chloe Glow, I wish it came in more colors...I bought a second one and I am dyeing it...lol!), a light jacket over that. Hoofed it all around. We cabbed it a little when it rained too much for their liking, but otherwise, it worked great. I keep a small rolled up spare shopping bag in my purse, and anything I buy I can shove in there. Then I just throw it over my shoulder. Between that and my purse I am golden. Though sometimes I go too far and have to do a hotel drop off ;-)

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks to all of you for you replies! I think I am going to go ahead and book my trip! I'm from So Cal, so it will give me an excuse to actually wear my UGGS and buy some big coats! If any of you have any tips for what not to miss, please share!!!!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ame said:

Hilarious!

Agree with the others. It will be cold, but as long as you dress appropriately it will be a lot of fun.

If you are at all into musical theater, there is a district in Chicago that has all the popular broadway shows. We saw Jersey Boys and it was fantastic.

Enjoy your trip!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
JDDN|1439441567|3913975 said:
ame said:

Hilarious!

Agree with the others. It will be cold, but as long as you dress appropriately it will be a lot of fun.

If you are at all into musical theater, there is a district in Chicago that has all the popular broadway shows. We saw Jersey Boys and it was fantastic.

Enjoy your trip!
Most of the super high end stuff is along Oak, Rush, Walton, and then along Michigan. Lots of finery in the bling dept, esp on Oak.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nala, Don't forget to stop at Giordano's for pizza!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Calliecake|1439697581|3915064 said:
Nala, Don't forget to stop at Giordano's for pizza!
DEFINITELY.

I think it's called Wildberry Cafe(?) is also a killer breakfast. It's right near Millenium I think. And there's a small Giordanos right there. It's by the Hard Rock Hotel, which happens to have a Morton's right by it. And it's not too far from the killer Nordstroms and State Street shopping (not as high end)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results