shape
carat
color
clarity

Chicago Diamond Exchange

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamike

Rough_Rock
I''m in Chicago, and am looking for a 1.75-2.00 Radiant cut diamond. I have been to a few places, and have visited one place so far. Has anyone ever done business or has heard of Chicago Diamond Exchange. They seem to approach the purchase different than anything I have seen on the internet or at stores I have visited in Chicago. I need to make a decision in the next few days!!!

Small

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve heard of it and have been on their website...it''s on jewelers row. They may be a bit under what some jewelers are on the row but they don''t beat the internet prices. I looked for my RB there and I got a better deal and exactly what I was looking for online. I think if you are armed with knowledge and have done some competitive pricing you may be able to get a good deal for not buying online. Good luck.

diamike

Rough_Rock
www.chicagodiamondexchange.com They are online...that is how I found them, and they say their prices are at cost. No one I have gone to so far can match their pricing. In some cases, it isn''t close. They seem very confident in diamonds, and their brokers (salesman), say they treat diamonds as a comodity. Their site says they have a full staff of designers also, although I didn''t ask to meet with one of them. I have looked at one other online store, and a few local Chicago stores. Even with the 7% fee (they call it a brokerage fee), their pricing is as low or even lower than the other site I checked out. I have many months still, so I still need to see what is out there. Anyone else have any thoughts?

Small

Brilliant_Rock
They cannot sell to the public as a ''wholesaler'' that is a marketing ploy. A true wholesaler does not sell to the public. And really...go look at several websites from the jewelers on jewelers row...they all say they are wholesalers. When I was shopping for online vendors to see prices I did a search for jewelers in Chicago on the row and EACH web page I went to say they sell at wholesale prices and beat any deals on the row. I had to laugh really because I felt I was going to the same website each time because they all were saying the same things!
They do have some decent prices but honestly...I looked at their stones online and they couldn''t match the prices from WF, GOG, or what I got from Winfields.
I really think that if you look online here and do ALOT of research you can find yourself a fabulous stone for whatever your budget. If you don''t want to buy online just arm yourself with info and do what you can to get a fair price. But before buying if it were me, I''d get all the stats and come back here to ask some opinions of the ''experts'' here. They''ll give you their honest opinion for what you are getting.
Good luck. I''m trying to convince my husband to take a trip down to jewelers row downtown so I can checkout what it''s like. I hear it''s quite an ''experience''.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results