shape
carat
color
clarity

Chemical advise

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Welsh Girl

Rough_Rock
Hi Guys

Its only a few more weeks until I collect my Diamond solitaire, I need some help as I work as a hairdresser and I am not sure if the chemicals I work with will damage my stone.

I think I am most concerned about hydrogen peroxide and the dyes in the colours, will I be ok or will I not be able to wear my ring to work.

Thanks in advance..
Amanda

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/9/2008 2:09:56 PM
Author:Welsh Girl
Hi Guys

Its only a few more weeks until I collect my Diamond solitaire, I need some help as I work as a hairdresser and I am not sure if the chemicals I work with will damage my stone.

I think I am most concerned about hydrogen peroxide and the dyes in the colours, will I be ok or will I not be able to wear my ring to work.

Thanks in advance..
Amanda
I would leave the ring off if colouring, bleaching or perming, or if that isn't possible, wear gloves over the ring. The diamond should be fine, but some chemicals could possibly weaken or alter the setting over time, is it white, yellow gold or a platinum setting?

Welsh Girl

Rough_Rock
Hi
Thanks for the help, its a platinum setting.
Amanda

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
With platinum you shouldn''t have to worry too much about harming the stone or the setting, but some of the chemicals might be hard to get off, so I would still use gloves.

Of course, some of the chemicals might not be so great for your skin either, so you probably already wear gloves.

Welsh Girl

Rough_Rock
Thanks guys..
I do wear gloves but sometimes there may be stuff around I touch without gloves..

Thanks Again

Amanda

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results