shape
carat
color
clarity

Check out these trapiche emeralds!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

widget

Ideal_Rock
23.gif
Aren''t they wild???
23.gif

I probably should have posted them in the "green asterism" thread, but these are so amazing I think they deserve a thread of their own!!!!!

Roughly 19cts EACH....

kjuh.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, they are wild. I''ve never seen anything like them. Ok so explain exactly what they are for us dummies!!!!!!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Author: kaleigh
Ok so explain exactly what they are for us dummies!!!!!!
20.gif
I knew I should have posted them in the other thread entitled: "Asterism in a green stone?"

There''s an extensive conversation about them on that thread...99% of which is WAY over my head...
19.gif
. It''s a rare type of "star" phenomenon that is very different from traditional "star stones". These "stars" are fixed, while regular stars move as the light source changes..

widget

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
So they are kind of a freak of nature??? More details please, I know I am a pain but I want to learn more!!
34.gif
3.gif
Btw, what is an asterism????

widget

Ideal_Rock
Get thee to the other thread!!!!!!!
11.gif

You'll learn more than you'll ever want to know! I've already expounded on as much as I know about them!!
9.gif

widget

ETA: Oh, I do know that most trapiches are hexagons like the green part of these. In these stones, those colorless spikes are just a bonus..
1.gif

ETA AGAIN!!!: HORRORS!! I know so little about these suckers I misspelled "Trapiche" in the title of this thread! ...so embarrassing

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, tho on my merry little way!!!!!!
31.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/26/2005 8:17:03 PM
Author: widget

ETA AGAIN!!!: HORRORS!! I know so little about these suckers I misspelled ''Trapiche'' in the title of this thread! ...so embarrassing

No you did not
21.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
1.gif
Thanks, Leonid!!

By the way...just in case someday I'm actually talking to someone in real life about these things...what's the correct pronunciation? "trah-pee-shay"??

being pc in the gemstone world is important to me..

widget
1.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Where is the picture from ? I know these guys... Quite amazing, just like the cuter''s decision to make such use of the unusual material. Not just fine color and great trapische stars, but two layers of beryl with such distinctly separated colors. One would think these are not stones at all.

I don''t know if there is some definitive explanation of how trapische forms. All know is that the spokes of the stars are inclusions in single beryl crystals. Black and white inclusions are known to form trapische patterns in Muzo emerald. I not know if other sources produce this kin of crystal of gem quality, but colorless trapische beryl comes from other places too - at least non-gem quality. The sequence of growth that leads to this has been modeled in several different ways - I am not that technically savy to reproduce the explanation.
34.gif

There is a reason why I asked about the source of the photo
2.gif
Take a look here

Just some thoughts.

Widget, any chance your ring project will end up containing one such emeral star ?

Richard M.

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
You all probably explored Ana''s link and found this information about trapiche emeralds...but in case someone missed it, look HERE

As for pronouncing "trapiche," a Spanish word for "spoked wheel," this article says "tra-pee-chee."

Richrd M.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Ana...

Those guys were on an AGTA newsletter I received today. I know I know, trade only...don''t tell!
2.gif

Hey Ana...you''re surely the girl to ask: How do you pronounce "trapiche"?? And while we''re at it, what''s the correct spelling? "trapiche" or "trapische"??

Wow...amazing you found another one out there!

What ring project??
2.gif
2.gif

widget

PS...Thanks, RichardM!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results