Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity
  • PriceScope will be conducting a server maintenance April 13th about @ 1 am CST.

It will includes bug fixes, and security updates.
    If all goes well, the forum should only be down for about 3 hour.
    We apologize for any inconvenience.

#JOTW Check out my Lemony Oval 2-tone 3-stone ring

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! I would have never guessed your pendant was O-P! It's beautiful and 2 cts is a wonderful size! Sounds like Yekutiel is finding you some nice stones! I am glad you found us again!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry I didn't every post, but I read where you said, thank you it is timeless! or something like that, and when I looked at your BEAUTIFUL, LUCIOUS yellow oval I was in love, to me, an oval in your setting is perfection. Your pendant is my dream :) and thank you for sharing, I love to see yellow diamonds. Congratulations on your engagement may you have a wonderful life with this man who knows you well. Thank you again, in love with your ring. :love::love::love::love::love:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a pretty and eye catching ring! It’s like a light yellow chiffon pie, yummy! :P2

Queenie60

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning ring. Love the color and setting is very classic. Congratulations.

HNGN

Shiny_Rock
Just stunning! Trusting your jeweler paid off! Congratulations!
Absolutely~~! Thank you @cushioncutnut :lol:

I'm sorry I didn't every post, but I read where you said, thank you it is timeless! or something like that, and when I looked at your BEAUTIFUL, LUCIOUS yellow oval I was in love, to me, an oval in your setting is perfection. Your pendant is my dream :) and thank you for sharing, I love to see yellow diamonds. Congratulations on your engagement may you have a wonderful life with this man who knows you well. Thank you again, in love with your ring. :love::love::love::love::love:
@Tekate awwww you are so nice with your words... It really make my day and thank you so so much :) :razz::razz:

What a pretty and eye catching ring! It’s like a light yellow chiffon pie, yummy! :P2
@Bonfire love how you said "ight yellow chiffon pie, yummy"... Wonderful :love:

Stunning ring. Love the color and setting is very classic. Congratulations.
@Queenie60 thank you thank you :D

RunningwithScissors

Shiny_Rock
Late to the party, just now reading this thread, but wanted to say that your ring is absolutely gorgeous! Love the setting, the size and the lemony color. The pics you took of it next to your robbins egg blue bag make both colors (the ring and the bag) really sing. Congratulations!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! Love me an elongated 3 stone! So perfect!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is GORGEOUS!!!!

Expect to get many many compliments on your ring. I’ve been back to look at it 3 times already and I only noticed this thread an hour ago. It really is exquisite! It’s truly deserving of the “Jewel of the Week” title.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous, congrats!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YUMMY lovely lemon!! The setting shows off the stone perfectly. Congrats on finding the diamond for you!!

HNGN

Shiny_Rock
Late to the party, just now reading this thread, but wanted to say that your ring is absolutely gorgeous! Love the setting, the size and the lemony color. The pics you took of it next to your robbins egg blue bag make both colors (the ring and the bag) really sing. Congratulations!
@RunningwithScissors hello hello you ain't late at all!! Thank you so much for your kind comments, yeah the different color backgrounds make the diamond sing with different color.... Your eyes are sharp to capture it ;)2

Glorious ring and I love the Berkins! Would love more pictures.
@aac2013 thank you yeah I love Bs & Ks too!! :D

Gorgeous! Love me an elongated 3 stone! So perfect!
@nala yes 3 stone anytime!! 8-)

Your ring is GORGEOUS!!!!

Expect to get many many compliments on your ring. I’ve been back to look at it 3 times already and I only noticed this thread an hour ago. It really is exquisite! It’s truly deserving of the “Jewel of the Week” title.
@Calliecake awwww you are so cute!!! Thank you so much for your kind compliments... :kiss2:

It's gorgeous, congrats!
@Catmom thank you for dropping by :lol:

YUMMY lovely lemon!! The setting shows off the stone perfectly. Congrats on finding the diamond for you!!
@Stone Hunter yummy yummy is definitely a great description!!! Thank you so much :loopy:

Big Fat Facets

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations hngn!!
those are some beautiful bags and outstanding pieces of jewelry!!
That Spectacular oval looks so very pleasing on your hand. it is amazing on your skintone!
I love the sizeable solitaire pendant as well. And the two together is just a feast for
eyes!! I find the setting to be so flattering and complimentary to the oval and your hand!!
I personally love a mixed metal, two tone ring!!
May you and your fiance enjoy a wonderful life together!!!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an amazing ring. I would never have known it wasn't fancy yellow. Congrats. You did good!

MamaBess

Rough_Rock
This is ABSOLUTELY STUNNING! I am a huge fan of the lighter yellows. IMG_1207.JPG IMG_1206.JPG This is my lemonade beauty. I searched for a year, trying to make the jeweler understand that I did not want a vivid yellow. Mine is a light greenish yellow, and it was the slight green tint that sold me. I love your stone! It is a real show stopper!

LLJsmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FABULOUS!! The ring is beautiful and just looks stunning on you.
Btw, love your watch too! I've tried this exact Bulgari serpent watch before, and they're super cool and stylish!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
Kindly excuse the crazy pairing with bags, am a bag person!! :kiss2::kiss2:

D Blue Atoll.jpg
D Blue Atoll1.jpg
D Blue Atoll2.jpg
D KP.jpg
D KP1.jpg
D KP2.jpg
D KP3.jpg

Some oval knowledge to share (okay only learnt about all these after the purchase, doesn't matter :read:)**edited by moderator, no links to affiliate sites please**

- In practice you will find that the terms oval brilliant cut and oval modified brilliant cut are used interchangeably. However, if the certificate states specifically that the diamond is an oval brilliant, you will know for sure that there have been no modifications made to the facet arrangement such as extra facets being added to the pavilion.
There are four standard variations of the oval brilliant cut including two 8-main variations, a 6-main variation, and also a 4-main variation. Both the 6-main and 4-main ovals only has 56-facets.

- Fewer pavilion mains means the diamond is likely to have bigger and bolder flashes of fire due to fewer but larger virtual facets. The opposite is true and you will get more but smaller pin-flashes of fire in an oval with 8 pavilion mains.

- If you’re looking to minimize the effects of a bow tie, you may have been confused if you tried researching this topic in the past because there are conflicting opinions on how to do this. Some experts say that to minimize the bow tie you should aim for a shallower diamond, others say the effect will be less with a steeper stone. In fact, both camps are actually correct, with clarification needed.

You can minimize the bow tie with either a very shallow diamond or a very deep diamond. However, there will be trade-offs on either option. If we take the starting point that an oval has the same depth as an ideal round, then an oval will be shallower nearer to the ends. The reason is because the angles near the belly of the diamond are at its steepest.

If you cut an oval that is shallow enough to not have a visible bow tie at the belly, then the oval will be too shallow at the ends and what you will get is a flat looking stone. 6 and 4-main ovals have less of this problem because there are no pavilion facets at the ends. Lower girdle facets are steeper than pavilion facets so you get less flatness, but at the same time you lose the structured contrast pattern that the pavilion main offers.

The tricky part is that as you go shallower from the ideal depth of a round, you actually go through a range of pavilion angles where the bow tie is worse before it gets better.

Hope it helps all the other OVAL lovers :love::love::love:
Regardless; find a trustworthy vendor who know his stuff, I did and I am HAPPY.
Cheers

Gorgeous! Congrats on it! It looks great with that Jypsiere in the first pic! (And also with the Kelly. Is it Bamboo?)

HNGN

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations hngn!!
those are some beautiful bags and outstanding pieces of jewelry!!
That Spectacular oval looks so very pleasing on your hand. it is amazing on your skintone!
I love the sizeable solitaire pendant as well. And the two together is just a feast for
eyes!! I find the setting to be so flattering and complimentary to the oval and your hand!!
I personally love a mixed metal, two tone ring!!
May you and your fiance enjoy a wonderful life together!!!
hello @Big Fat Facets thank you for your super nice comments... You really make my day!! And big thanks to your blessing in advance... Genuinely appreciated :kiss2::kiss2:

What an amazing ring. I would never have known it wasn't fancy yellow. Congrats. You did good!
@derbygal awww you are so sweet... Yeah thank you for telling me I did well... Hahahahaha I am inclined to think so too :D

This is ABSOLUTELY STUNNING! I am a huge fan of the lighter yellows. IMG_1207.JPG IMG_1206.JPG This is my lemonade beauty. I searched for a year, trying to make the jeweler understand that I did not want a vivid yellow. Mine is a light greenish yellow, and it was the slight green tint that sold me. I love your stone! It is a real show stopper!
@MamaBess wow your ring rocks!!! Thank you for sharing with me, it rocks on your finger!! Like you I like slight tint, of course I DEF much prefer something yellower than mine now (I like W-Z all the way to FLY version)... However due to time constraints, I am getting this instead where the alphabet color holds something special to my heart. :saint:

FABULOUS!! The ring is beautiful and just looks stunning on you.
Btw, love your watch too! I've tried this exact Bulgari serpent watch before, and they're super cool and stylish!
@LLJsmom hello!! Yeah I love the Bvlgari Serpenti watch so much... Been wearing it alot. Got the size direct sent to me all sealed (didn't let anyone try on in the boutique) because my wrist is so small that even with S SIZE, is still kind of loose on me. Thus I got my SA to bring in one completely BN Sealed from the factory direct. ;)2

This is absolutely gorgeous!
@lorrissey thank you so much =)2

Gorgeous! Congrats on it! It looks great with that Jypsiere in the first pic! (And also with the Kelly. Is it Bamboo?)
@bunnycat it was actually the SO KELLY 22 Blue Atoll (very pretty tiffany blue color - didn't think I'd like this color until I used it) on the first pic... The Kelly Pochette is a new color Vert Verone.... Super pretty!!! I actually wanted the Vert Vertigo but the Vert Verone pops up and suit me much much better.... :P2

HNGN

Shiny_Rock
Thank you. Are you still loving your beautiful ring? No regrets, changing from round to oval? How long did you wait before the right diamond came along? Meaning did you pass on other stones he showed you, or was this the first? Sorry for asking so many questions.
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/please-show-me-your-rings-w-3ct-centers.27384/page-24#post-4586914

Hi @Sunshine812 i think it is better i replied you here (on the above link page 24 post #698 because that is a public thread more for sharing of blings.... If you read my story in which I had my link there as well, which is on this thread Page 1.

Yes I love my ring... I am someone who learn to accept things for what it is, how it goes... Thus I feel that my story in Page 1 of this thread kinds of describe the journey in which how ultimately the Oval diamond came to me. Yes if you read my thread, we have seen way too many stones over the course of 2months. However I think is because I really trusted my jeweller hence I knew I will be in good hands (have been working with him for almost a decade).

However if you are not someone who "go with the flow" and if you are someone who are very sure of what you want and hate changes, then I think it is better to get what you want. You asked about if I regret changing from Round to Oval? I don't. Because 1) like my story stated in Page1, 2) my character are like "something that goes with the flow", 3) I already had a couple of round diamonds. Thus I do not mind varieties... ;)2 Hope it helps...

Wishing you get the one that best suits you :wink2:

Acinom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats with your stunning ring. It’s so classic and elegant. A beautiful and timeless piece that you will enjoy for many years.
You also have a gorgeous Hermès collection. I am a fan as well

HNGN

Shiny_Rock
Congrats with your stunning ring. It’s so classic and elegant. A beautiful and timeless piece that you will enjoy for many years.
You also have a gorgeous Hermès collection. I am a fan as well
Thank you so much for your kind words @Acinom ;)2 glad to find another H fan here :dance:

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am swooning over your ring! It is so elegant and classy and HUGE! And I adore the trillion sides - it's the perfect complement to that beautiful stone. Has he proposed yet???

HNGN

Shiny_Rock
I am swooning over your ring! It is so elegant and classy and HUGE! And I adore the trillion sides - it's the perfect complement to that beautiful stone. Has he proposed yet???
Hello @KristyDarling so sweet of you!! Yeah he has proposed 1.5months ago, and am wearing it everyday now. Yeah the small trillion sides helps to give an illusion of a slimmer finger too. Thanks so much :lol::lol:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! That is a beautiful ring! I love everything about it!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hiw did I miss this beauty before? She is gorgeous.

Congratulations

WindyCityCoco

Rough_Rock
Kindly excuse the crazy pairing with bags, am a bag person!! :kiss2::kiss2:

D Blue Atoll.jpg
D Blue Atoll1.jpg
D Blue Atoll2.jpg
D KP.jpg
D KP1.jpg
D KP2.jpg
D KP3.jpg

Some oval knowledge to share (okay only learnt about all these after the purchase, doesn't matter :read:)**edited by moderator, no links to affiliate sites please**

- In practice you will find that the terms oval brilliant cut and oval modified brilliant cut are used interchangeably. However, if the certificate states specifically that the diamond is an oval brilliant, you will know for sure that there have been no modifications made to the facet arrangement such as extra facets being added to the pavilion.
There are four standard variations of the oval brilliant cut including two 8-main variations, a 6-main variation, and also a 4-main variation. Both the 6-main and 4-main ovals only has 56-facets.

- Fewer pavilion mains means the diamond is likely to have bigger and bolder flashes of fire due to fewer but larger virtual facets. The opposite is true and you will get more but smaller pin-flashes of fire in an oval with 8 pavilion mains.

- If you’re looking to minimize the effects of a bow tie, you may have been confused if you tried researching this topic in the past because there are conflicting opinions on how to do this. Some experts say that to minimize the bow tie you should aim for a shallower diamond, others say the effect will be less with a steeper stone. In fact, both camps are actually correct, with clarification needed.

You can minimize the bow tie with either a very shallow diamond or a very deep diamond. However, there will be trade-offs on either option. If we take the starting point that an oval has the same depth as an ideal round, then an oval will be shallower nearer to the ends. The reason is because the angles near the belly of the diamond are at its steepest.

If you cut an oval that is shallow enough to not have a visible bow tie at the belly, then the oval will be too shallow at the ends and what you will get is a flat looking stone. 6 and 4-main ovals have less of this problem because there are no pavilion facets at the ends. Lower girdle facets are steeper than pavilion facets so you get less flatness, but at the same time you lose the structured contrast pattern that the pavilion main offers.

The tricky part is that as you go shallower from the ideal depth of a round, you actually go through a range of pavilion angles where the bow tie is worse before it gets better.

Hope it helps all the other OVAL lovers :love::love::love:
Regardless; find a trustworthy vendor who know his stuff, I did and I am HAPPY.
Cheers
The bags are beautiful- The ring is gorgeous! Love it all! :) :) :)

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.