shape
carat
color
clarity

Chanel -Yay or nay?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/30/2008 12:58:01 AM
Author: diamondfan
Bliss, where did you get them? I would love to get a strand or two myself. Saks carries the accessories but not those pearls. Do they have the CC's in them? Where do you live?

I am excited. He was so funny, so many people were demanding it and he said no. Good SA, really on the ball.
Diamondfan! I got the first pair in Las Vegas (I was visiting there) at the Chanel store in Caesar's Palace. I know, so funny. Gave them to my mom when she visited me. And then I missed them so I bought my second pair at the Chanel store in Midtown. They have several in stock! I'd post the number but I'm not sure if we're allowed to on PS. If you Google Chanel Manhattan both the Madison Ave and the 57th Street store will come up with contact info.

It's the graduated pearl necklace, 35" long. I have the style number, which is what they look it up with... I can post it later if you'd like.
31.gif
Two CCs on it and the metal comes in silvertone and goldtone. Little "pearls" on the CCs. Looks awesome with a crisp white top and jeans! Alternately, it's great as a belt too. Very pretty with a simple black top.

Where is the Chanel bag???? I'm so excited! FI has said he's buying me the brown leather Chanel bag I spied in Vegas. LOL. It's not a special one like yours, but it's chic. The only thing that worries me is that the top is open so anyone can reach in when I'm distracted. And I'm always distracted!

Your SA is AWESOME. AWESOME. But then again, you're probably his best customer!!!!!
30.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bliss, if you would not mind giving me the style numbers that would be awesome. I might get a pair when I get home.

I cannot use and have had terrible luck with open bags. I only use them as totes for travel and I cannot put valuables in them. My Hermes bags I end up leaving somewhat open and they drive me crazy. I have to have a top that closes. I am too spazzy otherwise!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is the style number A27012? How long is yours? they said their's is 17 plus inches which is not long, it cannot be doubled. But they have one with chain in between each pearl which is longer.
the store in Hawaii has it with gold cc's and silver cc's, but I am not sure it is long enough.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Hi Diamondfan! I am spazzy, too! I am the queen of spaz!
19.gif

When I get home, I will get the style number and post them here! The necklace is 35 inches long, plenty for doubling. The pearls are graduated and there are 2 CCs.

Style number comin' up! I think it's a longer number than that -- when I called the boutique here in NY, they made me read a long number off the box of my mom's set. I was like, "You're kidding, the whole number?!" LOL. Or maybe I'm so spazzy I am making it longer in my memory... LOL. I'll have to check.

Where are the photos of your fab bag? I can't wait to live vicariously through you!!!
36.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bliss, I am still out of town and am picking it up Tuesday.
the style numbers are longer but it is the first few that matter. I think these are 825.00 each and I would not pay tax if Hawaii sends them as there is no Chanel boutique in Philly.

I like them a lot, I have real pearls too that are long and not triple A quality but I think these are so much fun! I hope the two cuffs I want go on sale...

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/1/2008 1:42:27 AM
Author: diamondfan
Bliss, I am still out of town and am picking it up Tuesday.
the style numbers are longer but it is the first few that matter. I think these are 825.00 each and I would not pay tax if Hawaii sends them as there is no Chanel boutique in Philly.

I like them a lot, I have real pearls too that are long and not triple A quality but I think these are so much fun! I hope the two cuffs I want go on sale...
Oh Diamondfan! How exciting! I think you will have a lot of fun with them. They look best long and not doubled up. They're very pretty in person, too. I'm so glad you got them! $825 is a GREAT price if you don't have to pay tax. The ones here and in Vegas were $795 and I don't think you'll have to pay tax either. Next time you want anything, I can check for you at the Chanel boutique here in Manhattan. I practically live right next to it! LOL.

Gosh, that SA made me read the entire style number over the phone when I called to check the stock. I remember asking, "Really? The whole number?! Really?" Hahaha. I had no idea only the first several mattered. Thanks for the tip!!!!

OOOOOHHHH... CUFFS! You will be able to wear the Chanel pearls anywhere and not worry as much as you would with the genuine pearls. They are very fun!!! A conversation starter, too. LOL.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Could they be the same ones then? I am not sure why they would be more in Hawaii...maybe due to shipping?

I have them send stuff when I cannot get it here. I got phone charms and then i got those black rubber sandals with the beige flower from them as no one else had them. I might call Vegas and see if there is a reason they are more in Hawaii. I think they will be fun. The cuffs were 1750.00 each, and made of resin. Just waiting to see if they happen to go on sale, I like them but two of them is what this pearl and chain bag cost and it seems high for costume. My SA will keep an eye out. I do like them but it is not essential.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Hi Diamondfan!

36.gif
Do they look like these? They might be the same ones. I luuuuurve Hawaii -- maybe the markup is higher there?

$1750 for each cuff? They better be SUPER FAB for that price!
30.gif
I might pass on them as well just because the resin, though soooo sleek and pretty new, does tend to get scratched up and dulled pretty easily. I wonder what they look like? Are they quilted? They must have been just under the threshold because if they were super duper fab, you would have gotten them!!!
31.gif

chanelpearls3.jpg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
She described them as looking like that. Pearls next to each other (no chain) and the pearls are different sizes and two CC''s...so it has to be them

Does your number start with the A and the numbers I gave you?

The cuffs, one had the CC''s in pearls and one had a design with crystals, emerald cut an oval and round ones I think. That one was even more, I think 2250.00. I thought that they were gorgeous but I would prefer to wait it out. I have no need to get them now. I love them but can live without them...for now at least!

I feel like having just bought four Chanel bags, a Chanel wallet, and getting the suit and the jacket for my son''s bar mitzvah (the suit is for the service, after which I will change into my gown, and the jacket is to wear to the brunch)...I can hold off on the bangles. The fashion stuff takes about a year to go on sale but so be it, I am not worried!

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Bliss, congrats on your purchase!

Hi Diamondfan, congrats on your 10,000 posts! The style number of the Timeless Classic Pearl necklace with silver hardware (yes, that''s its name) is A27012 Y02014 Z2354. Not too sure about the number for the necklace in gold hardware though..

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
The A 27012 is the number, the other numbers are less vital. I know they are the same ones then! Thanks Simply!!!!

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
This Chanel pearl necklace is so pretty.

It''s a fashion necklace and you have to be realistic about it. I had a Chanel pearl pin and it lasted quite awhile before the pearls started looking really bad (chipping, etc). I was sorry I couldn''t wear it anymore since I did enjoy it. That is the bummer of fashion costume jewelry. But if you like it and don''t mind the cost for what it is, I think it is a very pretty necklace indeed.

It''s one of those things that I really like but probably would not actually buy. Obviously that''s a personal choice.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I ordered my pearls today, one with silver CC''s and one with gold. I will see if I like one or both, they are returnable so I am not too worried. I can see throwing them on so many times. I will let you know when I get them. Tomorrow I pick up my purse I am so excited.

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
How exciting DF! And the purse too! You''re going to have SO MUCH FUN with all your new toys. If you''re able to take pictures, please do.

Definitely keep us updated!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I will. My camera is a nightmare. All of a sudden, I come home from vacation and put the little cord in it. Normally it tells me I can import. It does NOTHING. I had 1400 pictures from our month away. Now, some were dups, and normally I can tell it to skip all the dups. I finally get the stupid thing to work and it only works if I load them ALL, dups included, it took nearly an hour to import them and then I had to go through and delete all of the dups myself. But I will take some photos for sure and ask Andrey or Ali to post.

I am hoping the cuffs go on sale. I have an SA watching them for me, but it can take a year for fashion items to go on sale. But I am not in a rush, if it happens, fine.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results