shape
carat
color
clarity

Chanel Camellia Diamond Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
What do you think of it? Sorry, I can''t figure out how to paste a picture of it.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Which one? The Diamond one (White and black) or the all white, the Diamond and oink sapphire, or the Onyx or white one with no diamonds? They also have the full pave Camelia, different from the other diamond Camelia with the channel set diamonds.

They are all stunning and you are paying for a Chanel fine jewlery piece, so price is irrelevant... I personally prefer the brooch, because the rings are cumbersome and not only snag, a bit, but get too top heavy and wobble a bit in my experience...

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
The channel-set one with either a pink sapphire or diamond centre. You''re right -- the ring would be cumbersome. A pendant would be gorgeous though.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
They do have the pendant. But from what I saw they only carry the diamond center here in the NY store. Not sure if they even make a pendant with the pink sapphire. You can ask. I have no idea how helpful they are with customizing, so you can ask your local boutique. My guess is that they would gladly do something THAT simple. But it would take a while to have it made and sent to your local boutique or your home.

Good luck. I adore the Camelia rings, but not with diamonds. They are a bit large for me, and actually prefer their medium rings, with the gemstones flowers a bit more. But either purchase you make, so tell how it is, and if they do customize!

Good luck and enjoy!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh no, I don''t want the one with the sapphire, just the plain old diamond.

Are you in NY too? The Chanel on 64th is perilously close to my apartment!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can someone please find a picture or link? Thanks.

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Camellia 1...

camelia_1.jpg

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Camellia 2...

camelia_2.jpg

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Camelia 3...

camelia_3.jpg

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Camellia 4... p.s. swoon.....

camelia_4.jpg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is okay, a statement piece that might be a bit trendy, more of a cocktail type ring...pretty, but not what I would jump to spend money on...

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Angeline!

DF, not even as a pendant? Chanel's not trendy. It's classic.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2007 7:59:32 AM
Author: diamondfan
It is okay, a statement piece that might be a bit trendy, more of a cocktail type ring...pretty, but not what I would jump to spend money on...
I'm with diamondfan on this one. Chanel may be "classic" in terms of fashion with their suits and "little black dresses", but the promotion of fine jewelry is a relatively recent thing - 1990's. At this point, we don't know if the fine jewelry will become "classic".

Nonetheless, the Camelia ring is stunning. It was featured on the cover of the January Town & Country. A pendant sounds really nice.

Your list is getting longer....
2.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, to me, as Starry said, Chanel overall is classic, and I buy a lot of Chanel, but their jewelry has some very funky pieces in it. I like the ring as a fun piece, one eye catching statement piece, but considering what it is likely to cost, there are just so many other things I would get...again, not that I hate it, just it would not be a priority purchase for me.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would hesitate to wear pave'' set that high. If the ring isn''t well made, the stones could easily get loose or fall out if you bump the ring or snag it on anything.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I am in NYC, where I live, work and play. I work perilously close to any of the Fifth Avenue, Madison Avenue stores, so my days are spent practicing self-control and some random times that practice pays off... sometimes i just come home with bags of guilt and bags of goods!
31.gif
30.gif

Agreed with Madam Bijoux, it does snag. I have seen these do some numbers on my friend''s clothes. She is an avid fan of Chanel as well. Honestly, I think Chanel''s foray into jewlery is still in it''s infancy. Their quality level is not what it should be for the level of quality they have in say bags. But if it''s a fashion piece that you want, it''s a pretty piece. Personally, I would prefer the pendant for snagging reasons. I also prefer the solid pave one which seems to have a sturdier construction and from what i saw the pave was finished a bit better. But then again I am spoiled with pave because I prefer antique craftsmanship...
7.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok, you guys just saved me some money.
emteeth.gif

DF, I can''t wait till I can afford Chanel suits.

Nicrez, what do the suffixes after your name mean?

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2007 9:06:12 AM
Author: Harriet
Chanel's not trendy. It's classic.

HA! Depends on who the designer of the period is. Those gross trash can liner bags are CLASSIC?? Not to me!

ETA: the Camellia line seems like a BLATENT rip off of the other "flower shaped wire pave" jewelry that's been around for a few years now. Vera Wang did it I believe & others. Too little - too late. HARDLY classic, IMO.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s just one example of Vera''s flowers for comparison sake.

veraflower.jpg

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2007 12:34:32 PM
Author: decodelighted

Date: 3/2/2007 9:06:12 AM
Chanel''s not trendy. It''s classic.

HA! Depends on who the designer of the period is. Those gross trash can liner bags are CLASSIC?? Not to me!

ETA: the Camellia line seems like a BLATENT rip off of the other ''flower shaped wire pave'' jewelry that''s been around for a few years now. Vera Wang did it I believe & others. Too little - too late. HARDLY classic, IMO.
I think the pave Camelia has been around longer than Vera Wang. Flower brooches and rings are nothing new, and just recently i saw pieces FAR more stunning, in Camelia and rose settings from Oscar Heyman/ Van Cleef. They are almost 100 years old, which says that probably before them and before diamond people probably carved Camelias out of rock and wore them, but in the end fashion (even in jewlery) is resurrected and refashioned to be like new.

I also think that taste is what dictates fashion and what is classic or not. To me, Chanel is eternal as a company, but certainly not all their pieces. I can''t say any one producer of ANYTHING will make a classic everytime. To me, if it is sold in a department sotre or frequently copied in China, then it''s not classic it''s current. Pieces that are classic (to me) are those sold in boutiques, in limited quanitites, HENCE making them classic collectibles. So I agree with you on some of them certainly not being classic, just expensive. But some pieces they have ARE classic, and that can not really be refuted.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I tried on the pendant today. Both the FI and I loved it. So, it''s now on my wishlist (Starryeyed, you here? :))

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
How nice. As long as you like it that is what matters...

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2007 9:45:43 PM
I tried on the pendant today. Both the FI and I loved it. So, it''s now on my wishlist (Starryeyed, you here? :))
You''re going to have to start inventing holidays! Let''s see - anniversary of first date, anniversary of first kiss....

Wonderful!
36.gif
Can''t wait to see pictures!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are pretty, but I still love the pendant that matches the HW earrings!
2.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do too...and I tried on a few lovelies at HW when I was in the city last weekend...definitely know what I want for my next big gift...poor hubby, he does not stand a chance!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Starryeyed,
It''s all your fault. No need to invent holidays. I''m a big girl and earn my keep.
1.gif

DS and DF,
I don''t quite care for the pendant. But, my birthday''s coming up. So, if you want to send it my way, I won''t object.
2.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Harriet,
You''re going to have to hire a bodyguard soon
31.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
You''re too kind. Some of the items I''m coveting are for the long-term.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have quite a list too, Harriet, much to hubby''s concern! Tried on major diamond necklaces at HW and told him, add that to the list...he looked pained. Oh well, I never said I was a girl with simple taste...he knew that!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2007 1:31:30 PM
You're too kind. Some of the items I'm coveting are for the long-term.
There's nothing wrong with having a long-term plan...I think most of us do
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results