shape
carat
color
clarity

Ceremony on grass...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock

So, we are having our ceremony outside and I am really having a hard time finding wedge shoes that I like. I thought I would have to wear wedges because spikes would sink into the grass, but I would much prefer to wear heels.

I''m thinking of maybe getting some thick rugs, like industrial type rugs to put down the path I will be walking down to get to the aisle, and then down the aisle. Maybe put some cheap white fabric over them? Or I was considering getting cheap sheets of plywood and putting fabric over that, but I think that will make a weird sound when we walk on it.

Is anyone else having the same dilemma? Are you wearing wedges? I really don''t want to wear flats because I love the shape of the skirt on my dress and if I cut off too much at the hem it will lose some of that flare....plus I just feel better in some heels!!

whenharrymetsally

Shiny_Rock
Hi karasue91:

I''m having the same issue as you are. Our ceremony is on grass also and i can''t seem to find any shoes that i like that won''t sink into the grass. I completely agree with on the heel thing. I think it just completes the whole picture with just the right shoes! I think if the heel is a bit shorter and not to skinny, it might work.. I was thinking of getting a few pairs of heels different heights and widths and going to the park to test it out!

The only pair of wedges i''ve found so far that i might even consider...are these ones..

009843.jpg

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
I saw those shoes too on www.myglassslipper.com but they are so expensive!! I think I want some shoes that are a fun color like bright pink or green, but I can''t even find any wedges in non-white colors that I like! Plus, I keep thinking of my bridesmaids, I know they will both want to wear heels, I don''t want them to have to worry about sinking into the grass either.

I think I''m leaning toward the mat idea, although it seems like it could get expensive....plywood is cheap but noisy.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wore regular heels and we got married on a golf course. They didn''t sink too bad. I actually heard negative things about fabric runners b/c grass is not flat so they lay bumpy and it is easier to trip.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
I''m having the same problem. I think I''m just going to wear short heels, or flats. I really wanted heels too!
39.gif

My mom was saying that the bridesmaids could go barefoot with a band of flowers around their ankle. Um, no.

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/22/2007 10:10:50 PM
Author: luckystar112
I''m having the same problem. I think I''m just going to wear short heels, or flats. I really wanted heels too!
39.gif

My mom was saying that the bridesmaids could go barefoot with a band of flowers around their ankle. Um, no.
hahaha my BMs would kick me if i made them wear flowers around their ankles! your mom gets an A for effort though
21.gif

well, i''m not giving up on the wedges just yet, that sounds like it will be the most viable option.

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/22/2007 9:59:11 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
I wore regular heels and we got married on a golf course. They didn''t sink too bad. I actually heard negative things about fabric runners b/c grass is not flat so they lay bumpy and it is easier to trip.
another good point. hopefully the ground will be nice and dry and therefore hard. I think as long as we make sure to practice walking in grass in heels it might work out ok.

april diamonds

Shiny_Rock
Wow! I am also getting married in a garden/grassy area and totally did not think of that! Sorry I have nothing else useful to say other than that. haha

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
We''re having our ceremony on stone, but my processional walk is long and mostly in grass. I decided to go with 3.75 inch heels, go figure. I''m not really that worried about it, I spoke with some friends who wore heels on grass and they said if you just walk toe-heel instead of heel-toe, you shouldn''t sink at all.

Still, I bought a pair of tall, wedge-heeled flip flops just in case. It''s supposed to rain for 2 days prior to the wedding, so the ground will definitely be soft.

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/23/2007 12:51:36 AM
Author: NewEnglandLady
We''re having our ceremony on stone, but my processional walk is long and mostly in grass. I decided to go with 3.75 inch heels, go figure. I''m not really that worried about it, I spoke with some friends who wore heels on grass and they said if you just walk toe-heel instead of heel-toe, you shouldn''t sink at all.

Still, I bought a pair of tall, wedge-heeled flip flops just in case. It''s supposed to rain for 2 days prior to the wedding, so the ground will definitely be soft.
Hmm so maybe we can just buy something to stand on during the ceremony and cover that up nicely with some fabric. I think my legs (and my BMs legs) would get pretty tired if we pretty much had to stand on tiptoes during the whole ceremony...

you are probably right, as long as we make sure when we walk that we dont put a lot of pressure on the heel of the shoe, it should be ok.

thanks!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I stood normal. Why don''t you take a pair of heels and "practice" outside on the grass? That way you can see if you feel comfortable.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Heh...I read the title of your thread and thought to myself, "Huh? So the bride and groom want to be stoned for their wedding? Seriously?" but then I saw you meant WALKING on grass...heh...
20.gif

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
I had to walk in the grass for my ceremony and I just wore normal heels... I had no problem. Of course, I am a girl that can actually run in heels if necessary, so if you are a little unsteady or uncomfortable I would definitely stick to wedges or flats. Try it out with a pair of heels you have and see how it goes. But there are some really cute flat shoes out there right now, if nothing else works!

*M*

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results