shape
carat
color
clarity

Center Stone becoming Loose (SK Ring) - Is this common?

SC86

Shiny_Rock
I recently discovered that the center stone of my engagement ring is very loose - I can feel it shifting and hear it move! I was upset when I saw this, but I wonder if is a regular occurrence and is just part of regular jewelry/ring maintenance?? The ring was made by Steven Kirsch originally about 6 years ago and remade by him 4 years ago due to resizing. The strange thing is, I don't even wear it daily. While I wear my simple wedding band daily (also SK), I only wear my engagement ring maybe a few times a month or on special occasions. So I am surprised it has become so loose.

I wish I could go back to SK and have him work on it - but unfortunately I don't live in NYC any more and will need someone local to fix the prongs.

So is this normal just wear and tear? I guess I didn't expect this after just a few years!

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
For what it's worth, my SK ring that's now 5 years of old is not loose at all, but they do need to be checked for loose prongs about once a year or so. Can you ship it to Steven to get it fixed? I wouldn't want someone else working on mine.

OECrystal

Shiny_Rock
You should contact Steven right away to let him know. Do not let anyone else try to fix your ring.

SC86

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for your replies! I think I will at least Steven know. It is good to know that this is likely not normal - but that does make me worry more!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results