shape
carat
color
clarity

CBI diamonds - question on where to buy

Jelly88

Rough_Rock
Hi PSers,

I'm getting ready to purchase an upgraded stone sometime this year. Still doing research and haven't decided 100% what I want, but leaning towards getting a super ideal. I went to the CBI website and saw that they actually have multiple locations:

http://www.craftedbyinfinity.com/web/locations/index.html

I'm a little confused because I thought that High Performance Diamonds = CBI. But it looks like they are one of many authorized dealers? I see that HPD has fantastic reviews on this forum, but will there be a difference if I buy a CBI from another authorized dealer? They are all the same stones right? I'm asking because HPD is located in ID and there is an authorized dealer in my city, which would make things easier for me.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HPD is a company owned by Wink Jones. He is an authorized vendor of Crafted by infinity diamonds. He is also well known here for his overall expertise and customer service in jewelry, both in sourcing high quality colored stones as well as custom design work. Not many better places to do business out there.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Jelly88 I don’t know your local CBI retailer from Adam, so take this with a grain of salt. But to explain the difference, I suspect your local CBI retailer also offers other brand/cut diamonds, maybe watches, etc.? (I could be mistaken). I believe @Wink exclusively sells CBI diamonds.

To me, this would be like knowing I want a BMW, and deciding between going to Carmax or the BMW dealership.

One phone call with Wink, and I think you’ll have your answer. He’s such a kind person who really goes above & beyond for his customers, and the man KNOWS his product!

Jelly88

Rough_Rock
Yes the authorized dealer in my city also sells GIA stones, but they don’t carry other superideal brands. I’m not questioning the customer service of HPD at all, they sound fantastic :) I guess I’m more curious if all CBI dealers have access to the same CBI stones. For me, it would be a huge plus to be able to work with a local vendor and see multiple stones CBI stones in person without having to fly to another state.

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
CBI diamonds are indeed a beauty to behold, and I wholeheartedly recommend working with Wink!! He is one of the most trusted people in the business, absolutely top notch, and he truly cares about his customers. I believe he has access to anything in the CBI inventory as he just recently brought a stone in for me from Antwerp. Aside from being incredibly knowledgeable, Wink is a joy to work with and you should definitely give him a call!

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I bought my Crafted By Infinity diamond from High Performance Diamonds. I knew Wink from the forum here, and knew of his reputation, so I trusted that route. They have an online CBI inventory listing that you can select from, plus they have a option where you can order a CBI stone to be cut (within certain parameters). Layla and Melissa were on the case instantly. If I recall correctly, Wink offered to send a stone that I wanted to see in person to a CBI dealer near me, so I could check it out in person. He also actually called in a CBI stone from another dealer’s inventory so he could video it as a comparison to the stone I ended up buying. Wink and team bend over backwards to accommodate your needs. Above and beyond throughout the whole transaction. High Performance Diamonds has a buyback, and or trade up policy that is out of this world and adds both assurance and value to the transaction. (You should check with your local dealer if they have the same buyback policy). If I seem like an advertisement, sorry. My experience was excellent and most of all because I was dealing with people who love diamonds and care about people. Have fun selecting!

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
@LaylaR

HP Diamonds is who I am/will work with, and they have been fantastic with videos, and offering to view the stones I have been interested in. I have 100% confidence in them!

And HEY - *just don't take my stone and we won't have any problems!* ;-)

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Good news: You can choose to dance with HPD, the local showroom or both!

Hi there. I'm the United States Director for Crafted by Infinity. My main job is overseeing all inventory - the pool is shared by our dealers - and providing education and training about diamonds to our network. One neat and unique thing I have been able to arrange is friendly cooperation among the network.

So you can feel free to contact HPD first, discuss diamonds via text, email & phone, and when you have narrowed things down they will make an email introduction between you and the local dealer and even have your diamond choices sent there, so you can walk in for a pre-arranged showing.

Or you can go to the dealer's store already, alert them to the fact that you discovered that store through HPD - a positive for them - and work directly with an associate there to begin with.

Whatever the case, you are in a great position being near a showroom because you're not limited to one or two diamonds at a time coming in FedEx. You get to play with a bunch. And you'll have someone right there with you to answer all of your questions. I encourage you to make the best use of that... Take a tour of all their lighting conditions. Twist arms. Have them bring in some larger CBI options a few colors lower than you ever expected to think you'd like (and be sure report back on those). Have them demonstrate the ASET and other Infinity Viewer scopes. Take advantage. They love it. I selected the dealer-partners in our network based on like-minded philosophies as it relates to quality, value and customer service.

@Jelly88 I believe @Wink exclusively sells CBI diamonds. To me, this would be like knowing I want a BMW, and deciding between going to Carmax or the BMW dealership.!
True that. However it makes the showrooms a kind of a buffet to sample. With a broad range of options that can be a great opportunity for live comparison. And, more than anything else, I have always encouraged people to enjoy videos and photos, but they are no substitute for the real thing. To appreciate the real nuance in full depth and detail you have to set down the smartphone and go view a range of actual diamonds with your own eyes.

With that said, I always give my other accounts a hard time about Wink's decision to sell only Crafted by Infinity diamonds. It's an ongoing tease... And if it's okay with you @the_mother_thing , I might just pull some jewelers' tails with your comment in my next training sessions. Something like "And remember team, after you let them drive that Ferarri, be sure they compare it to the rest of those Carmax options lying around here."

:devil: I'm getting cheeky as I get older.

In any case, hope this is helpful and...enjoy.

Last edited:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@John Pollard By all means, use the analogy, lol. And I agree, there is no video/picture than can replace that which our eyes can see in person. I didn’t mean to take anything away from your other retailers, but having worked/talked in the past with Wink ... if I was in the market even with a CBI retailer nearby, I’d still aim to work with Wink, visiting the local retailer only if needed to see something in person. He made that personable & professional an impression on me, and is known to me on here as an incredibly knowledgeable & helpful person, that he’d earn my business even on the opposite side of the country.

Last edited:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes the authorized dealer in my city also sells GIA stones, but they don’t carry other superideal brands. I’m not questioning the customer service of HPD at all, they sound fantastic :) I guess I’m more curious if all CBI dealers have access to the same CBI stones. For me, it would be a huge plus to be able to work with a local vendor and see multiple stones CBI stones in person without having to fly to another state.

They do.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LaylaR

HP Diamonds is who I am/will work with, and they have been fantastic with videos, and offering to view the stones I have been interested in. I have 100% confidence in them!

And HEY - *just don't take my stone and we won't have any problems!* ;-)
Lin
Wink's video sucks. :silenced: compared to seeing the real thing. You know exactly what I mean since you had seen a few CBI IRL. :love:

DiamondsAndDior

Rough_Rock
New to this forum, but lurking for a couple weeks. I'm also interested in purchasing a CBI stone and happen to live very close to a local dealer. @John Pollard I may do what you suggested to the OP and ask for a pre-arranged showing. Thanks for this info!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results