shape
carat
color
clarity

Caved and bought something I said I wouldn't...

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, I've been through multiple versions of diamond pendants over the years. Thick bezel, thin bezel, martini, four prong basket, sliding, fixed, smaller stones, larger ones... It started years ago with wanting the single fixed bezel Elsa Peretti one from Tiffany. I swore I would not pay their prices and I've tried to fall in love with others. But I keep coming back to seeing the Tiffany version and feeling like I needed to give it a try.

I finally ordered it today. If I get it and am not 100% in love, at least I'll be satisfied that I gave it a chance. I wanted something very minimal, so I ordered the .08 size in yellow gold. I so hope I'll love it.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, I've been through multiple versions of diamond pendants over the years. Thick bezel, thin bezel, martini, four prong basket, sliding, fixed, smaller stones, larger ones... It started years ago with wanting the single fixed bezel Elsa Peretti one from Tiffany. I swore I would not pay their prices and I've tried to fall in love with others. But I keep coming back to seeing the Tiffany version and feeling like I needed to give it a try.

I finally ordered it today. If I get it and am not 100% in love, at least I'll be satisfied that I gave it a chance. I wanted something very minimal, so I ordered the .08 size in yellow gold. I so hope I'll love it.

I've been through this. I have always found that when you buy something not quite right in order to save cost when your heart wants something specific (and expensive), I end up buying the original thing in the end anyway, and wasting money on the "close but not quite right" things. I hope you love the pendant.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been through this. I have always found that when you buy something not quite right in order to save cost when your heart wants something specific (and expensive), I end up buying the original thing in the end anyway, and wasting money on the "close but not quite right" things. I hope you love the pendant.

So many dittos could be posted in response to this, so I’ll just start that party! :wavey:

@katiedid I hope it’s everything you ever wanted! Do come back and post pics when you get it!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much for making me feel better! I will post pics for sure!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

The Tiffany style and sizes are iconic.

If that's what you fell in love with - I think we all understand that "replicas" that aren't will never quite scratch the itch.
I hope your new piece fulfills your finally :mrgreen2::kiss2:

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Tiffany style and sizes are iconic.

If that's what you fell in love with - I think we all understand that "replicas" that aren't will never quite scratch the itch.
I hope your new piece fulfills your finally :mrgreen2::kiss2:

Thanks! I typically do not care anything about brands - I would rather spend the same money with one of my favorite online vendors and get better quality and bigger stones. But for some reason, this necklace has been an exception and I don't know why. It makes me feel shallow to think I'll only be satisfied with Tiffany. I guess I'll find out - I'll have it tomorrow!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sometimes everything else comes close but nothing else will do :)

In my case, I was looking at damascus steel rings for ages but the only pattern I reeeeally liked was the one from a 'brand name' that was, naturally, about 50% more than the rest... :rolleyes: lol

I went for it in the end and have no regrets :)) so hopefully it will be the case for you too!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

A great diamond pendant is an awesome addition to a girl's jewelry box! When I finally got my platinum cluster pendant made *exactly* the way I wanted, I never looked back and haven't wanted a different pendant ever since. So for a lot of people, getting exactly what you want kills off the constant craving for 'something else' and is a money saver in the end.

Good luck! I'll look forward to photos!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've done this countless times and I always end up wasting $$ on the "not quite right" ones. I also hope you lovr it!

vintageloves

Shiny_Rock

I have the same necklace in rose gold. I really love it and I'm sure you will, too.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
9487137E-A371-4F12-8567-BB0143DFFC6A.jpeg 2FC76CDB-5456-4ED8-B734-1B6980A5FE32.jpeg
It came this morning and so far, I love it! Seems bigger than I expected it to be and very sparkly Just really hard to photograph. This pic isn't good but I wanted to post it anyway. I hope to get better shots of it when I take it off!

pricescopenewbie

Shiny_Rock
@katiedid, congrats on your new pendant! It is pretty! So dainty but elegant, sitting on the right spot of your neck! I am so happy for you since I'm a big fan of this Tiffany pendant and have been drooling everytime I see it somewhere. Just curious, since you now have this exact pendant and used to have a lot similar styles, how do you think this one different from your other replicas? I look forward for your comments which will help me to decide if i should officially put it on my wish list ;)2

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
9487137E-A371-4F12-8567-BB0143DFFC6A.jpeg 2FC76CDB-5456-4ED8-B734-1B6980A5FE32.jpeg
It came this morning and so far, I love it! Seems bigger than I expected it to be and very sparkly Just really hard to photograph. This pic isn't good but I wanted to post it anyway. I hope to get better shots of it when I take it off!

It's beautiful! I would be curious to know if it flips a lot or if the pendant slides around a lot during daily wear (i.e. Does the pendant migrate to the back of your neck or does it stay in place in between your collarbone).

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s gorgeosu. Enjoy.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful! I would be curious to know if it flips a lot or if the pendant slides around a lot during daily wear (i.e. Does the pendant migrate to the back of your neck or does it stay in place in between your collarbone).

Thank you! I wore it all day yesterday and it didn't seem to flip a lot or slide around much. I got the 18" instead of the 16" because I wanted the ability to shorten it if needed, but I think I like this length, even though it basically shortens itself to sit right at my neck.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@katiedid, congrats on your new pendant! It is pretty! So dainty but elegant, sitting on the right spot of your neck! I am so happy for you since I'm a big fan of this Tiffany pendant and have been drooling everytime I see it somewhere. Just curious, since you now have this exact pendant and used to have a lot similar styles, how do you think this one different from your other replicas? I look forward for your comments which will help me to decide if i should officially put it on my wish list ;)2

Thank you! I love the size of the stone - don't think I'd have wanted any smaller or larger. What I'd heard about Tiffany stones being cut shallower to make the table bigger must be true because this stone is much smaller in carat weight than others I've had, but it appears larger for its size. And I think the stones used in these are higher clarity than others I've had, so this one is really sparkly for its small size.

I would say the biggest difference I've noticed is that this one doesn't seem to flip over as much and it doesn't poke my neck. The others I've had like this poked me and I could feel it. I had larger stones though in past pendants (like .18 - .25 ct size), and the bezel didn't cover as much depth of the stone. I like how this one sits down in the bezel more. I also really like the chain on this version. I'm going to try to get some macro shots of it today if my iphone will cooperate!

I also have a dbty that has 7 little stones (.50 ctw) and I want to look at the similarities. I can't remember off the top of my head whether I got that one from Whiteflash or BGD. So far, I'd say I can recommend this one for sure!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gorgeous!:love:

It started years ago with wanting the single fixed bezel Elsa Peretti one from Tiffany. I swore I would not pay their prices and I've tried to fall in love with others. But I keep coming back to seeing the Tiffany version and feeling like I needed to give it a try.

So glad you got what you wanted to finally. :appl: And hope (and think it will) it "scratches that itch" for you. I find that not getting exactly what you want but something similar rarely does scratch that itch but getting exactly what you want works wonders on satiating that specific desire. And this necklace is gorgeous. May you wear it in health and blingy happiness.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks so pretty on you - congrats for getting exactly what you wanted!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all for the nice feedback! I hope to get some more pics tomorrow. Ran out of daylight today!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results