shape
carat
color
clarity

Causal leather and pearl necklace advice/inspo?

wintermute

Rough_Rock
I tend to just give up on pearl necklaces in the summer heat - the full strands start to feel to heavy and maybe a bit formal for my more casual/earthy summer wardrobe.

I used to (maybe still do?) have some pieces from Honora that combined a couple pearls with like a braided leather strap, or several suede cords, etc. I like the vibe but the pearls themselves were extremely low quality. I'm thinking I'd like to wear something stylistically similar (casual/boho vibe, around 17" length, leather or suede cord instead of metal chain, preferably some kind of lobster clasp) but with much nicer pearls.

I'm having trouble finding what I'm looking for though. Found a couple examples on etsy with one big baroque pearl on a thin cord between 2 knots, that's kind of in the vein of what I'm looking for but maybe a bit...more? I'm starting to wonder if it's worth trying to learn more about how to make necklaces myself so I can try to work towards what I really want, or just keep looking harder.

Just wondering if anyone has any good examples/inspo of more casual necklaces with pearls, suggestions where I might find what I'm looking for, or any advice for someone with no skills whatsoever to get started making their own necklaces?

Thanks!

Beagles

Shiny_Rock
Take a look at the pendants by TahitianPearls.biz. They offer leather and also rubber or silk cords.

wintermute

Rough_Rock
Well, it’s on a chain, but I bought some of yssie’s leftovers and did this:

CEEB59D7-5965-4F63-B34D-5BF7049285DD.jpeg

290F7F47-574D-4454-8BBC-0EB993FBE816.jpeg

1BDF122C-553A-4BE5-80C9-15CF887A19B1.jpeg

Those are beautiful! I'd love to find something like that but on a leather cord!

The main reason I'm so stuck on leather for the cord is that while I do okay with a small metal clasp, any kind of metal chain makes my neck break out in a rash. That's actually what got me hooked on pearls in the first place - one of few kinds of jewelry I'm not allergic to :)

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are beautiful! I'd love to find something like that but on a leather cord!

The main reason I'm so stuck on leather for the cord is that while I do okay with a small metal clasp, any kind of metal chain makes my neck break out in a rash. That's actually what got me hooked on pearls in the first place - one of few kinds of jewelry I'm not allergic to :)

Believe me, I understand. I actually love corded necklaces.

let me call @yssie as she is the Pearl master to me Lol. Yssie, do you know of anywhere that has corded (or non metal) chains and pearls?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is where the mabes came from. Here is a page to their jewelry. (Their craftsmanship is ok, but their earring stems make my ears itch)...

Rhd3

Shiny_Rock
Robert Wan has a necklace that is one of my favorites.

Kamoka has a few necklaces as well.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Believe me, I understand. I actually love corded necklaces.

let me call @yssie as she is the Pearl master to me Lol. Yssie, do you know of anywhere that has corded (or non metal) chains and pearls?

Y’know, I totally feel like I should but I totally don’t ;(:(sad

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the idea but id want to wear it alot
Like only take it off to wash my hair
but alas ive always had 'stinky watch strap' syndrome no matter how often i washed and dried the leather strap or regularly got a new strap
Necks are closer to the nose that wrists

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had these saved as screen shots
at least one has a name
Screenshot_20210425-135252.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210425-135212.png
    Screenshot_20210425-135212.png
    640.3 KB · Views: 20

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This Etsy shop has a few offerings.

il_794xN.2372619230_u2ms.jpg
il_794xN.2642111468_bil2.jpg
il_794xN.1742693055_dtdl.jpg

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This Etsy shop has a few offerings.

il_794xN.2372619230_u2ms.jpg
il_794xN.2642111468_bil2.jpg
il_794xN.1742693055_dtdl.jpg
Oooh, I like those!

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
You can try Vincent Peach ... I just recently saw some of his work. I'm not real sure about the quality of his pearls. It was hard to judge thru the glass counters.
Also Laura Lively jewelry.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@wintermute im sure you can work out how to make something like this once you get your inspiration in your head

Our PS pearl princess will help you find real nice pearls and how hard can it be to tie a few knots in a length of cord ?

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wen pearls on Etsy have loads of necklaces and bracelets on leather, plus take a look at ROLAY/ROLAY design who have some on cords and even silicone!

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Pearl and leather pieces are easy to make. You need large drilled pearls and strip leather and away you go.
A tahitian pearl farmer I know wears one all the time and he is in and out of water all day every day (such hard work!)
Instead of buying a specific necklace or bracelet, a simple strip of a length of pearls knotted at intervals on leather is very versatile and will do everything you need for a beach holiday.

wintermute

Rough_Rock
Thank you for all the suggestions, I'll look into these!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results