shape
carat
color
clarity

Cartier Trinity Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cutie1515

Rough_Rock
I recently just found out about the trinity ring and fell in love with it. However, the Cartier website doesn''t really have what I''m looking for. Can they custom make a ring for you? Or do you have to be a "special" client?

I want 2 rings to be white gold, and the top ring to be yellow gold and....

I want the 2 white gold rings to have 1 row of white diamonds and the yellow gold ring to have 1 row of yellow diamonds.

(If you go the cartier website and look at the trinity rings, I want the ring style to be like the top left one with the 3 white gold bands and row of white diamonds) I couldn''t figure out how to save the picture b/c of their zoom feature/adobe flash player.

Does anyone have ANY even SLIGHT estimate on what that would cost??? How do you go about asking them to custom do a ring if they will do it???

Thanks for taking the time to help me out! Yall always help me out!
2.gif

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
This is a different scenario than yours but is the closest experience I have. My husband chose a Cartier ring for his wedding band. It comes in WG, but we wanted it in platinum. They priced it out for us (it took 4 weeks to get a quote, they told us that was typical
20.gif
). The WG ring is about $3000. The platinum ring was quoted at $10,000
23.gif
. Needless to say, we got the WG ring. As the sales man pointed out, we could replace the ring 3 times for that price. So my guess is custom at Cartier will cost you.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2007 5:48:22 PM
Author: jazmine
The platinum ring was quoted at $10,000
23.gif
That deserves way more than one
23.gif
. Holy mother of.....!!!!
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif

cutie1515

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/28/2007 5:48:22 PM
Author: jazmine
This is a different scenario than yours but is the closest experience I have. My husband chose a Cartier ring for his wedding band. It comes in WG, but we wanted it in platinum. They priced it out for us (it took 4 weeks to get a quote, they told us that was typical
20.gif
). The WG ring is about $3000. The platinum ring was quoted at $10,000
23.gif
. Needless to say, we got the WG ring. As the sales man pointed out, we could replace the ring 3 times for that price. So my guess is custom at Cartier will cost you.

I was wondering if you priced it online/ via e-mail or if you had to call them. I just hate talking on the phone and dealing with it that way. I know it''s a lot easier to convey your message via phone, but I just hate how people try to pressure you to make a decision. It annoys me.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can see having someone else make a custom one. But I am very doubtful that you''d be pleased with the price of going custom with Cartier.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
DS, tempted?

cutie1515

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/28/2007 6:46:35 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
I can see having someone else make a custom one. But I am very doubtful that you''d be pleased with the price of going custom with Cartier.

Who do I go to to talk about custom rings, that is reputable and has great quality work??? Can you lead me in the right direction???? Thank you so much for your help!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Cutie1515, is this what you are looking to make or the rings should be more rounded?

3rings34.jpg

cutie1515

Rough_Rock
I love that ring....the only thing I would change is either the plain band have diamonds or the white band not have diamonds so the 2 white bands match....but that is def. the right step towards what I was looking for!
9.gif

the style of the rings is great

and i would also like to have the yellow diamonds/gold band be in front!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2007 7:30:18 PM
Author: cutie1515

and i would also like to have the yellow diamonds/gold band be in front!
It''s a point of view cutie, rotate it and different bands show up on top.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
We went in and worked with a sales associate. They actually seemed to want to dissuade us from going the custom route. So expensive and time consuming. When we ordered the WG band, we needed a size that Cartier does not usually stock. So they had to make one special. They quoted 6-9 months. I am not making this stuff up. Ordered it in March. Said we would most likely have it for Christmas
20.gif
. We ended up getting it in 6 months. One nice thing I can say about them is that the ring was not ready in time for our Sept. wedding. So they gave us the ring in a size smaller so we could use it for the ceremony. We got married in the Bahamas so we had it for quite a while. Then we returned it when we got back in the states.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
cutie, check out the memoire site. they call them rolling rings. also ogi makes something similar. memoire will do some custom. i got prices for several different styles from the webpage and one quote for something custom.

Adylon

Shiny_Rock
Rolling rings are easy to make.... it's just 3 rings that are soldered so that each band holds the other 2....

But there are 2 things you need to know to have it made properly:

1. The overlap needs to be subtracted from the final ring size. What I mean is let's say the rings are each 1mm thick. You subtract that from the overall inside diameter which determines the ring size. So if they're 1mm each, you need say 3 bands each 17.35mm inside diameter (size 7) to make a 16.35mm (size 5 3/4) inside diameter overall ring size.

2. All 3 rings have to be perfectly round and within +/- 0.20mm to roll properly. So if 1 band is 17.35, the other is 17.27 and the other 17.41 (total deviation = 0.14mm) you'll be OK. If it deviates more then that like 17.21, 17.59, 17.48 it won't really roll smoothly. This is why sizing a rolling ring can be challenging because you need to size all 3 bands to be perfect, and then measure and hope the overall ring size is correct, if not you start all over again.

Also my preference is always to get the following combination:

14K Pink Gold (best pink in high karat)
18K Yellow Gold (best yellow)
950 Platinum or 950 Palladium (best white)

The last thing you want to do is get a ring that's been plated and have it scratch as it rolls and wear down the plating. Yes gold rings are plated in all 3 colors: white, pink and even yellow sometimes is plated.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results