shape
carat
color
clarity

Cartier snuffbox with the coat of arms of the Prince of Wales

ZolotoyHuy

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi, help me evaluate this thing. The same one was sold in 2016 for $ 25,000. I would like to know how much this one costs. Thanks! cccccc.jpg ccccc.jpg cccc.jpg ccc.jpg cc.jpg c.jpg

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
You want to know how much this costs? We wouldn’t know. If it is for sale it already has a price. If you want to know it’s value - is it yours? Do you want to sell? - then you best have it evaluated by a professional, maybe in a reputable auction house. The price of the other item that was sold in 2016 can be an indicator- but the value depends on many more factors and there is no way to tell you “online”.

ZolotoyHuy

Rough_Rock
Trade
Yes, it's my thing. I just live in Russia and there is no way to sell this thing here. And there is no way to evaluate it abroad. Here I am looking for forums, so that I can be prompted by knowledgeable people. I put it on Ebay to find out at least the approximate price, but so far there is no success

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
The 2016 item was estimated between 800 and 1200. It came from the private collection of President Reagan and his wife. Therefore the buyer could be sure about it’s authenticity and knew the provenance. It’s history is most certainly the reason it went for way more than the estimate. What is the provenance of your box? Any idea?

ZolotoyHuy

Rough_Rock
Trade
she has been in my family for about 30 years. inherited from my grandfather

ZolotoyHuy

Rough_Rock
Trade
where did I get it I can not answer. I don't want to leave her in Russia :)

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some auction houses offer assessments via email. You might want to check with British auction houses, such as Christie’s, to see if they would do that.

ZolotoyHuy

Rough_Rock
Trade
I already wrote there! Thank you!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, your box is modern, post 2005 because it has the 925 silver content along with its London hallmarks.
It certainly has a value being Cartier, boxed and hallmarked but the history of the box, to whom and when it was gifted can make a huge difference to price.
Without provenance it could have no connection to the Prince of Wales.
As a modern made Cartier silver box with case it’s probably worth $5,000 US or so but if you can provide and prove it’s provenance, like the one that was gifted to and owned by Ronald Regan, the desirability and price can go up and up and up.

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, your box is modern, post 2005 because it has the 925 silver content along with its London hallmarks.
It certainly has a value being Cartier, boxed and hallmarked but the history of the box, to whom and when it was gifted can make a huge difference to price.
As a modern made Cartier silver box with case it’s probably worth $5,000 US or so but if you can provide and prove it’s provenance, like the one that was gifted to and owned by Ronald Regan, the desirability and price can go up and up and up.

You’ve got a good eye.

ZolotoyHuy

Rough_Rock
Trade

How can it be after 2005? After all, there are brands that correspond to 60-70 years. (f) cccccc.jpg

ZolotoyHuy

Rough_Rock
Trade
И это бренды, проданные в 2016 году. And my brand 999999999.png

Attachments

• 999999999999999999999999.jpg
    999999999999999999999999.jpg
    289.8 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium

+1. OP, if you look it up online this looks like a London silver hallmark for 2005.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results