shape
carat
color
clarity

Cartier Love Bracelet Vs. 6 carat Emerald cut eternity band?

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Sooo… my husband gave me the green light for a new Anniversary project. I am torn between a second Cartier Love bracelet (this time with 4 diamonds) or an Eternity Band (.30 pointers)- I would love to go BIGGER, but the budget is $10-12k… I really wanted a NEW ER upgrade, but it’s not in the cards for this project. I have a Gold Love bracelet now and I LOVE IT… I’ve always planned on stacking another; however I really had my heart set on a blingy ring upgrade . This would be a RHR as it wouldn’t go with my current Halo Antique Cushion pave setting…

Thoughts?

First world problems, I know… but I figured this was my safe space to share .

Reactions: Kya

Kya

Shiny_Rock
I would go for the bling , but if you will always be wishing it was bigger than it would be a pity for the gift to be a disappointment- so maybe the Cartier will solve that problem… Rather go with something you will be content with :)

Alternatively, would you consider doing a half or 3/4 band so that you can go with bigger stones? You can engrave something on the blank side to make that side special too and feel intentional

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
I would go for the bling , but if you will always be wishing it was bigger than it would be a pity for the gift to be a disappointment- so maybe the Cartier will solve that problem… Rather go with something you will be content with :)

Alternatively, would you consider doing a half or 3/4 band so that you can go with bigger stones? You can engrave something on the blank side to make that side special too and feel intentional

Totally solid points! That is why I am torn. I think I am going to go to Cartier and just try it on and see how I feel about a second one!

Grymera

Shiny_Rock
Definitely try on both pieces. Sometimes it’s tempting to get duplicates of items and the second, third is just not as exciting as the first one you get. Not everyone feels this way, but it’s worth considering.

You might also think about if you truly want/need an eternity versus a 3/4 band or a 1/2 band. Especially if it’s a right hand ring when you’re wearing your wedding set on the other side. I’d be worried about clapping and accidentally damaging it. But I’m really paranoid.

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Definitely try on both pieces. Sometimes it’s tempting to get duplicates of items and the second, third is just not as exciting as the first one you get. Not everyone feels this way, but it’s worth considering.

You might also think about if you truly want/need an eternity versus a 3/4 band or a 1/2 band. Especially if it’s a right hand ring when you’re wearing your wedding set on the other side. I’d be worried about clapping and accidentally damaging it. But I’m really paranoid.

All very solid points... I think there is soemthing super special about the first bracelet vs. thereafter, so I think trying it on will totally give me a better sense.

I really love the eternity ring idea, I have two small ones now and they don't bother me, plus I love the look of them. I had a 5 stone ring before and it didn't excite me as much as my eternity bands.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Agree, go try em on. If you always planned on stacking the Cartier then that may be more satisfying than if you get a ring that is less blingy than what you want. If you wait a few more anniversaries, maybe you could get the ER upgrade sooner?

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Agree, go try em on. If you always planned on stacking the Cartier then that may be more satisfying than if you get a ring that is less blingy than what you want. If you wait a few more anniversaries, maybe you could get the ER upgrade sooner?

Totally agree… I will be in Beverly Hills today and tomorrow so I plan to stop by Cartier!!

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! How I wish I have such first world problem, too, lol
Btw I understand your love for the Love but give JUC a try as it really stacks very well with the Love.
Another note - heard many people say full eternity band of very big diamonds aren’t very comfortable to wear. I guess 0.30-0.40ct should be fine, not sure if it’s beyond half carat.
Anyway, feeling excited for you :P2

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
what a lovely dilemma.
I would first try on an eternity band with large size diamonds.
I lusted after one myself, until I tried one on and hated how the diamonds dug into the side fingers. Maybe just how my fingers are but it wasn’t at all comfortable on my hand.
And other point to consider with full diamond bands that are “big”, especially worn on your dominant hand, every time you grab onto a railing or similar, the diamonds are likely to be accidentally crunched.

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
I went Cartier Love Bracelet… it’s what made my heart sing. We went with the 4 diamond regular size Love, and I’m so in love! Next Anniversary will be an Eternity, for now… we are adding to the collection 618E4952-C94F-49A6-88C4-F0558D92BBE0.jpeg

Attachments

• D95CF158-10FA-47B0-8D0D-E2A1CF5A8F2D.jpeg
    D95CF158-10FA-47B0-8D0D-E2A1CF5A8F2D.jpeg
    247.3 KB · Views: 39
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results