shape
carat
color
clarity

Cartier Ballerine lookalike?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

starsinhereyes

Rough_Rock
Hi guys... I am in love with Cartier''s Ballerine ring, but it is way, way out of my price range I am sure. Does anyone know a vendor who makes a similar ring? I think I would probably have to go custom, huh? I just worry about the final product with custom.
1.gif

asianhoney

Rough_Rock
Hey
which ballerine are u talking about?

i was sooo set on getting the same ring. my bf (now fiance) and i went to cartier and tried it on.. it looked HORRIBLE. the 2ct ballerine (heart, round, and emerald cuts) were all HORRIBLE. the diamonds on the band blended in too much with the main diamond.. so it didn''t look like an engagement ring! i was so upset i told him to choose the ring cuz i gave up!

he ended up giving me a MAGNIFICENT RING. a VVS1, D clarity, 0.94 ct novo by Tiffany & co. it is the most beautiful ring i have ever seen.. and also the most beautiful on my finger. rings are different when u try them on. u really have to try it on.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
It may have looked horrible to you, but starsinhereyes loves it. Everybody is different, seems a bit harsh to keep going on about how ''horrible'' you thought it was.

Sparkster

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/23/2008 3:38:21 PM
Author: Maisie
It may have looked horrible to you, but starsinhereyes loves it. Everybody is different, seems a bit harsh to keep going on about how ''horrible'' you thought it was.
Maisie, I think Aisanhoney''s point was more that it looked horrible on her fingers, not the ring itself. I''ve tried on rings myself that looked absolutely stunning on display but once on my fingers......UGHHHH! My sister tried on my engagement ring and people have commented that it looked awful on her fingers but that it looked gorgeous on mine.

asianhoney

Rough_Rock
it looked horrible to me... it just didn''t look like an engagement ring that''s all. looked more like a wedding band from afar cuz it looked just like a streak of light on ur finger!

i''m just saying.. it looks so beautiful when not worn.. but once tried on.. one may not like it at all. i was seriously dead set on getting it.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can see what you are saying Sparkster. I just think that calling something horrible is different to saying ''the style didn''t really suit me''.
1.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/23/2008 3:29:23 PM
Author: asianhoney
a MAGNIFICENT RING. a VVS1, D clarity, 0.94 ct novo by Tiffany & co. it is the most beautiful ring i have ever seen.
Does sound magnificent! FYI ... "D" is a color, "VVS1" denotes the stone''s clarity.

asianhoney

Rough_Rock
yeah sparkster! that''s exactly what i''m saying!
:)

you HAVE TO HAVE TO try the ring on BEFORE you buy it. not sure if u can do that if u buy it from a store online though...

idreamofice

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/22/2008 7:20:56 PM
Author:starsinhereyes
Hi guys... I am in love with Cartier''s Ballerine ring, but it is way, way out of my price range I am sure. Does anyone know a vendor who makes a similar ring? I think I would probably have to go custom, huh? I just worry about the final product with custom.
1.gif
Hello!

I''m not sure if anyone makes a similar ring but I have to say that I really love the design! especially with the emerald cut
2.gif

Good luck with your search!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it would make a beautiful e-ring. I do agree with seeing if you can try it on b/f buying it or something similar b/c I have found so many times rings I love in pictures do not look the same in person or on my finger.

that bluenile one beacon posted might be a nice option...

starsinhereyes

Rough_Rock
thank you all so much!

i def agree that rings can look soo much different on your finger, as opposed to the perfect pictures on websites!

everyone is so helpful here, i love coming and reading what everyone has to say, and of course seeing your GORGEOUS e-rings!!
30.gif

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the BlueNile one featured above looks VERY beautiful - DO go try one on at Cartier - you never know!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh, that BN setting is BEAUTIFUL! And I am sure that it would look beautiful on you
2.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
The BN setting is really quite beautiful and very similar to the Cartier one:) I wonder how I have not seen that one before

Definitely go and try it it looks so elegant, simple and timeless

balllerinecartier.JPG

metro

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that BN setting is awesome! I wish I could see some "live" shots!

metro

Brilliant_Rock
I found this - Stardust Diamond, www.stardustdiamonds.com

stardustN1609.jpg

metro

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/24/2008 1:14:58 PM
Author: metro
I found this - Stardust Diamond, www.stardustdiamonds.com
Here''s the side view. Beautiful!

stardustside.jpg

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW, Metro - that ring is TO DIE FOR!!!!

metro

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/24/2008 1:36:58 PM
Author: motownmama
WOW, Metro - that ring is TO DIE FOR!!!!
I KNOW! I KNOW!

I''m going to the jeweler down the street who carries Stardust, just to try it this baby on
31.gif

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
great - I''ll meet you there (tee hee)!!!!!!!

starsinhereyes

Rough_Rock
wow, those are both so beautiful. i have some ring-trying-on to do!
31.gif

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Holy Moly Metro. I have stardust in my eyes.

great, just great, now I want a reset. LOL. Dh would kill me. Though, wouldn''t this look great with a sapphire in it too for RHR?

Starsinhereyes: I think you should totally try it! Also, try various wedding bands on with it. One thing many of us PSers have noticed is that rings with that kind of shank/band tend to not fit a wedding band flush against it.

I personally like the look when you have a ring like the Ballerine, and then an eternity band (where the diamonds are the same size as the melee in the w-ring , so it flows) but the w-band is not supposed to go flush & they complement each other rather than match. Or you could go custom. Or they could have a band that goes with it. Or (and given that side shot is a totally great option) wear it alone. That side view is To Die For.

Drool drool drool.

Man, 10 fingers and 1 husband is simply not enough.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results