shape
carat
color
clarity

Cartier 1895 Solitaire w/ Emerald Cut Diamond

lisette

Rough_Rock
Hi all!

Hope you knowledgeable folk can help out a total newb.
DF and I got engaged last weekend and are planning on spending this coming weekend ring shopping in NY(He proposed with a doughnut lol). I have my heart set on a Cartier 1985 plain solitaire setting with an emerald cut diamond of approx 1 carat. Although I quite fancy the round brilliant solitaire also as it is so timeless.

From our own research we have a general idea of the pricing for a 1 carat round brilliant but are wondering if that would also be approximately the same for an emerald cut of the same size? Alot of places I have looked it seems you can get a bigger emerald cut diamond than round cut for pretty much the same money. Size isn't really an issue. I have teeny hands so I only really want about 1 carat but if we can save money I suupose thats a plus.

Thanks for your help!

Lisette

smokey99

Shiny_Rock
Rounds sell for a higher price than emerald cuts (assuming similar stats) so your findings are correct. You should be able to get a larger sized emerald for the money, or the same sized emerald cut for cheaper...however you want to look at it ;-)

Check out this info from the "Resources" tab: https://www.pricescope.com/diamond-prices/

Click on the different shapes to see average prices for different shapes in a specific weight/color/clarity, etc.

lisette

Rough_Rock
Than you!
I am waiting for a quote from a Cartier boutique to find out exactly how much the difference is. From other sites it looks like a 1 carat emerald cut solitaire can be up to 40% less expensive than a 1 carat round brilliant of comparable quality although I don't think the difference will be quite so big at Cartier. I will post my findings if anyone else is interested.
I think I prefer the emerald cut but am unsure as to whether I should put the extra money from the budget into getting a bigger diamond or.. another piece of jewelry :naughty:

I

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
yep you'll get more bang for your buck with and EC than with a round :bigsmile: happy times!!

i would put the budget back into the stone personally and go a little bigger (i doubt you'd regret it ;)) ), or you could put the difference aside for the wedding band...

either way i CANNOT wait to see a Cartier EC solitaire, please post tons of pics :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results