shape
carat
color
clarity

Carre eternity reset

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! The reset does make a noticeable difference.

THank you!!! yes, i love how much bigger the stones look and how more luxe it feels!!!! ALl matching with the asscher eternity, too!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
What a nice transformation. The stones look bigger and it looks more luxe too. You have a really awesome collection of step cuts! :clap:

thank you! Yes, i like how it all looks bigger, too! and yes, more luxe!!!! thank you, thank you....

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your colored stacks! :kiss2:

StepCutLover

Shiny_Rock
I finally got my carre eternity reset.

I didn’t like the side rails for the channel setting when I first got them. But it fitted so well with my asscher that it didn’t bother me. It only bothered me when it was a stand alone ring, but I never did wear the carre eternity as a stand alone. It was always paired with my asscher solitaire. No issues.

it was resized because of weight gain, which meant that there was a sizing bar and not a full eternity. That was ok....

It wasn’t till I got my asscher eternity that another small issue with the height of the carre eternity. It was lower than the asscher eternity. The size of the asscher was right visually. So the height and other 2 issues of the carre eternity got to me.

so, I got to reset my carre eternity to
Include diamonds to make it full eternity again
Same height as the asscher
Thinner side rails...

An incidental finding:

The carre has one stone thathas faint/slight fluorescence, which happens to match my assecher eternity with a medium to strong fluorescence!!

here are a few pics... also getting ready for Xmas and playing with colours! B232D1FA-E701-4387-A950-C5479D5A72EA.jpeg
C1B66F78-9D45-4CE2-8B4C-92C61F440FC8.jpeg 43FD5F28-079B-4CEC-9167-0BE771BE89A1.jpeg
67A567D1-084F-4D01-A736-5577327C7B5D.jpeg

I love this! Your reset is inspiring me to maybe do the same with my carre channel set band....

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
I love this! Your reset is inspiring me to maybe do the same with my carre channel set band....

thank you.

I think you should reset yours if you thinking about it. It took me a while to get there... and, am extremely happy/ stoked that glad I did it!!!

consider this a “little” nudge in the reset direction!! Hheheheh

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
I finally got my carre eternity reset.

I didn’t like the side rails for the channel setting when I first got them. But it fitted so well with my asscher that it didn’t bother me. It only bothered me when it was a stand alone ring, but I never did wear the carre eternity as a stand alone. It was always paired with my asscher solitaire. No issues.

it was resized because of weight gain, which meant that there was a sizing bar and not a full eternity. That was ok....

It wasn’t till I got my asscher eternity that another small issue with the height of the carre eternity. It was lower than the asscher eternity. The size of the asscher was right visually. So the height and other 2 issues of the carre eternity got to me.

so, I got to reset my carre eternity to
Include diamonds to make it full eternity again
Same height as the asscher
Thinner side rails...

An incidental finding:

The carre has one stone thathas faint/slight fluorescence, which happens to match my assecher eternity with a medium to strong fluorescence!!

here are a few pics... also getting ready for Xmas and playing with colours! B232D1FA-E701-4387-A950-C5479D5A72EA.jpeg
C1B66F78-9D45-4CE2-8B4C-92C61F440FC8.jpeg 43FD5F28-079B-4CEC-9167-0BE771BE89A1.jpeg
67A567D1-084F-4D01-A736-5577327C7B5D.jpeg

@gregchang35, beautiful reset! I’m researching an eternity band and came across your thread. May I ask the width of both your carre and Asscher bands? I’ve been emailing with DK on band width and yours look like the size I’m looking for. And what are the colorful bands in your stack? They look so pretty.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
@gregchang35, beautiful reset! I’m researching an eternity band and came across your thread. May I ask the width of both your carre and Asscher bands? I’ve been emailing with DK on band width and yours look like the size I’m looking for. And what are the colorful bands in your stack? They look so pretty.

Hi there,

I made these in Australia, Joey from Jenny Bay Diamonds in Sydney NSW.

The widths are approx 5mm. I do not have calipers on hand. My Asscher solitaire is 5mm width at the top, so the carre and the asscher eternities were made to match them.

As for the coloured bands in my stack, i got some from ebay (blue,black and rose gold). the others are from etsy, sadly, they no longer operate. My preference now that i have the 2mm and 1mm, are the 1mm size. it is skinny enough and the colours bold enough to make a pop on my fingers. I lost my red one and i keep searching on etsy and ebay, but cannot find :(

good luck with the process!!!!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow! It’s amazing what a difference the setting makes! The stones are much more “pow” now....they are the star of the show!!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Wow! It’s amazing what a difference the setting makes! The stones are much more “pow” now....they are the star of the show!!

thanx!!! yes, they are more visible now!!!!

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
Hi there,

I made these in Australia, Joey from Jenny Bay Diamonds in Sydney NSW.

The widths are approx 5mm. I do not have calipers on hand. My Asscher solitaire is 5mm width at the top, so the carre and the asscher eternities were made to match them.

As for the coloured bands in my stack, i got some from ebay (blue,black and rose gold). the others are from etsy, sadly, they no longer operate. My preference now that i have the 2mm and 1mm, are the 1mm size. it is skinny enough and the colours bold enough to make a pop on my fingers. I lost my red one and i keep searching on etsy and ebay, but cannot find :(

good luck with the process!!!!

Thank you for letting me know! DK suggested 0.15ct asscher but the finished band will be 4 mm wide. May I ask how many pointer is yours. I‘m trying to figure out if I should ask him to make it with slightly bigger stones or make the setting a little wider.

I love how the coloured bands add a nice pop to your stack. If I come across any, I’d let you know.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
@Fabfashion the deets as per invoice for a size 9: 9DE675ED-4C0E-4684-8601-730CBD0CB54C.jpeg

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Here is a post for the asscher eternity. Some measurements, too.

I just got a ruler and measured the width of the ring. It’s about 4mm. The stones are 3.5mm.
Sorry for the not quite focussed pic. DA6EC383-9F41-40C1-B7C5-756822568934.jpeg

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a post for the asscher eternity. Some measurements, too.

I just got a ruler and measured the width of the ring. It’s about 4mm. The stones are 3.5mm.
Sorry for the not quite focussed pic. DA6EC383-9F41-40C1-B7C5-756822568934.jpeg

Thank you so much, @gregchang35! DK must be thinking of a thicker bezel. His specs to me are 3mm x3mm asscher, 15 pts each and a final band width of 4 mm. I’d rather have 20 pts and 4 mm band width. I’ll chat with him about it. Thanks again!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
@Fabfashion - talk in mm than carat sizes. It is more definitive this way. Cos asschers are cut differently- most of the weight is in the pavilion/ steps/ base of the diamond to give it the hall of mirrors effect.
As such - as the width of stone increases, means the depth of the stone increases. The depth increases means the height of the ring increases.

Is the eternity you are making to en matched with any other ring height?

I sent my solitaire and my carre eternity to my jeweler so that she was aware of my size/ width and height fit aesthetic. It all had to match so I can stack the rings in any combination.

Also the thinner the railing (outside of the channel/ bezel setting) the smaller the holes under the ring. They are smaller holes, as the ring integrity will be compromised. The ring needs a bit of metal. I hope that makes sense. Also, the Smaller holes under the ring means it is harder to clean. Ultrasonic will work well, but smaller holes means toothbrush bristles are harder fit in that area to clean really well.

Would I change it- no, cos the aesthetic look of the ring is worth it. But it also means you have to clean it every day/ week. Don’t leave it for longer than that. The stones will look dull and not so sparkly.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Love the new look! Definitely accentuates your diamonds better and lets them really shine. Enjoy!

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
@Fabfashion - talk in mm than carat sizes. It is more definitive this way. Cos asschers are cut differently- most of the weight is in the pavilion/ steps/ base of the diamond to give it the hall of mirrors effect.
As such - as the width of stone increases, means the depth of the stone increases. The depth increases means the height of the ring increases.

Is the eternity you are making to en matched with any other ring height?

I sent my solitaire and my carre eternity to my jeweler so that she was aware of my size/ width and height fit aesthetic. It all had to match so I can stack the rings in any combination.

Also the thinner the railing (outside of the channel/ bezel setting) the smaller the holes under the ring. They are smaller holes, as the ring integrity will be compromised. The ring needs a bit of metal. I hope that makes sense. Also, the Smaller holes under the ring means it is harder to clean. Ultrasonic will work well, but smaller holes means toothbrush bristles are harder fit in that area to clean really well.

Would I change it- no, cos the aesthetic look of the ring is worth it. But it also means you have to clean it every day/ week. Don’t leave it for longer than that. The stones will look dull and not so sparkly.

That make sense. Thanks, @gregchang35. It’s an eternity band and I’m deciding between a semi bezel setting similar to yours or full bezel. DK has suggested 3mm x 3mm stone size because I want a band that’s 3.5mm or up to 4mm wide max. He suggested the aforementioned specs but if I can go to 3.5mm x 3.5mm like yours, I’m assuming the step cut would be more visible? I don’t want the diamonds to be so small that I can’t see the mirror like effect unique to this cut. But being that I want to stack it with another 2 rings (don’t have them yet), I can’t go too wide.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
@Fabfashion i think if you are going to stack a few rings, the skinnier the bands are, the better it is.

In my case, I can only stack 2 rings comfortably (5mm and a 4mm) . A third 1mm does fit in the stack. But it all depends on your finger size and the finger realestate- the amount of finger from the hand before it hits the knuckle.

When I was researching for my carre eternity, it was hard to find examples locally. When I saw carre eternities on line, they were 2-3mm widths and I knew they were carre cuts.

There are not many BnM stores that have carre or asschers so, it so hard to see/ understand the tolerances that you may have. I was fortunate, the jeweler I worked with sent me the stones.

I can appreciate the 2-3mm widths of carre eternities. For me, even at that sizing, I see the hall of mirrors effect without and issue.

With your other rings to stack, I know you haven’t got them, but: would they be the same widths/ design? That may play a role on how wide the asscher will be. It could limit what you would stack with- ie really skinnier bands?
Do you have images of them?

Really a lot to consider, and fun.

Hoepfully not too stressful. Lol.

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
@Fabfashion i think if you are going to stack a few rings, the skinnier the bands are, the better it is.

In my case, I can only stack 2 rings comfortably (5mm and a 4mm) . A third 1mm does fit in the stack. But it all depends on your finger size and the finger realestate- the amount of finger from the hand before it hits the knuckle.

When I was researching for my carre eternity, it was hard to find examples locally. When I saw carre eternities on line, they were 2-3mm widths and I knew they were carre cuts.

There are not many BnM stores that have carre or asschers so, it so hard to see/ understand the tolerances that you may have. I was fortunate, the jeweler I worked with sent me the stones.

I can appreciate the 2-3mm widths of carre eternities. For me, even at that sizing, I see the hall of mirrors effect without and issue.

With your other rings to stack, I know you haven’t got them, but: would they be the same widths/ design? That may play a role on how wide the asscher will be. It could limit what you would stack with- ie really skinnier bands?
Do you have images of them?

Really a lot to consider, and fun.

Hoepfully not too stressful. Lol.

It’s the same here in Canada. I can barely find an eternity band with round diamonds larger than 1 carat to try on. I did order some CZ bands to try out but they’re not the same setting (prong settings).

I also have a princess cut 4mm 7-stone band already that I was originally thinking of stacking with an asscher but am now leaning towards an asscher band + a carre band and a thin marquis in between.

1. 3mm carre band in channel setting
2. 3.5-4mm Asscher semi or full bezel band
3. a thinner band around 2-2.5mm of marquis eternity or alternating marquis and round diamond band.

Now I’m worried that I may be a little too ambitious. I don’t think I can do anything more than 8-9mm combined comfortably.

The carre band and the marquis bands I’m considering are Art Deco vintage similar to this:

7CB09B15-162C-4ADD-B9DE-65A82861417A.jpeg

I haven’t fully decided on the Asscher band design yet. Either a semi bezel like this one:

31083E4E-A3CF-46FC-A285-CC43BC873F99.jpeg

Or a full bezel:
188134EA-2550-4F84-988E-53B47676A2B0.jpeg

If I can’t do more than 2 bands in a stack, then I’d like the asscher diamonds to be larger. I love the cut so I’m sure I can look at them all day.

Thanks for the tip on cleaning. I can see myself cleaning it all the time as I like my rings sparkly. :)

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
@Fabfashion i love your concepts for the stack!!!
I think you need to understand your tolerances on widths of rings/ overall widths for the stack.

My limit is 9mm.
Based on what you have provided as your limits and designs for the other stacks, I think the conservative of 3-3.5width is good.
If you want to go bigger, and who doesn’t, then you need to consider the other bands sizing.

The rings I am wearing today. 4mm carre, 1mm rose gold, 4mm asschers.
cos if you went with 4mm asschers ring width, the carre at 3mm ring widths, it means that the marquis can only be 2mm in its entirety.
I haven’t seen skinny MQ. But it looks like the sapphire MQ are about 2mm. So, I think it should work ….
8285F114-79CB-4730-AD13-429B63ED82ED.jpeg

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
@Fabfashion i love your concepts for the stack!!!
I think you need to understand your tolerances on widths of rings/ overall widths for the stack.

My limit is 9mm.
Based on what you have provided as your limits and designs for the other stacks, I think the conservative of 3-3.5width is good.
If you want to go bigger, and who doesn’t, then you need to consider the other bands sizing.

The rings I am wearing today. 4mm carre, 1mm rose gold, 4mm asschers.
cos if you went with 4mm asschers ring width, the carre at 3mm ring widths, it means that the marquis can only be 2mm in its entirety.
I haven’t seen skinny MQ. But it looks like the sapphire MQ are about 2mm. So, I think it should work ….
8285F114-79CB-4730-AD13-429B63ED82ED.jpeg

@gregchang35, I love the rose gold band with your stack! How many mm are your carre diamonds if you don’t mind me asking? While I’m keeping an eye out for a vintage carre band, finding one in my ring size (7-7.25) is like finding a unicorn. Most are size 5-5.5. DK said he can make one for me but I like the scrollwork on the sides of vintage bands. I don’t have anything like that—all my rings are modern style and I’ve seen many examples on this forum so I’d like to try for a vintage one. Although I’m not sure how long my patience will last though. I take a long time to research but once I decide it’s like I want it yesterday.:D

I also saw some other delicate and thinner marquis bands like this one. It’s only 1.4 mm. Not sure if any details will be visible when it‘s that tiny.

5DC8CD0D-FEA1-412B-A1EF-36C88AF26376.jpeg

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
@Fabfashion the carre eternity is 4mm including the band.
the stone weight was 0.15ct each, but i cannot tell you the size of the stones, as this was before i knew about designing and in my case the mm would be the most important. the invoice i got only states 0.15ct carre.

the ring itself is 4mm, so not sure of the exact measurement... and viewing my old posts, it says the 0.15ct were 4mm. i do not and still do not have calipers to be exact. but the stones cannot be 4mm, as the ring is 4mm. so guessing it would have been 3.5mm????

imagine when i was doing my research - i am a size 9!

below are 2 of my posts on my journey to get to the final sizing of my carre. i was so lucky that the jeweler sent stones from the east coast of AUS, to me, in the west coast, whilst i was trying to decide!!!

OH- yes, get scroll work, if you can.. I am sure DK would be able to send it to someone to work on it for you? Someone on insta that has done some, nothing of late on his IG account, but i did see it a while ago- 2yrs maybe???? CJD_sako and i also think someone on here sent stuff to get scroll work done as well. perhaps use the search function to see?????

DK does scroll work!!!

HAHAH- totally get about when the decision is made, and wanting it yesterday.. just like me!

i think the MQ has enough of a shape for ppl to know it is a MQ. not sure if you need to see facet patterning. and vintage means blue sapphires!!!! you getting me on a sapphire eternity bandwagon again!!!!!! but i need it to be 1mm to match in with what i have... and am not sure if 1mm is structurally sound enough.. i wont google, i wont google.. i w..

Last edited:

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
@Fabfashion the carre eternity is 4mm including the band.
the stone weight was 0.15ct each, but i cannot tell you the size of the stones, as this was before i knew about designing and in my case the mm would be the most important. the invoice i got only states 0.15ct carre.

the ring itself is 4mm, so not sure of the exact measurement... and viewing my old posts, it says the 0.15ct were 4mm. i do not and still do not have calipers to be exact. but the stones cannot be 4mm, as the ring is 4mm. so guessing it would have been 3.5mm????

imagine when i was doing my research - i am a size 9!

below are 2 of my posts on my journey to get to the final sizing of my carre. i was so lucky that the jeweler sent stones from the east coast of AUS, to me, in the west coast, whilst i was trying to decide!!!

OH- yes, get scroll work, if you can.. I am sure DK would be able to send it to someone to work on it for you? Someone on insta that has done some, nothing of late on his IG account, but i did see it a while ago- 2yrs maybe???? CJD_sako and i also think someone on here sent stuff to get scroll work done as well. perhaps use the search function to see?????

DK does scroll work!!!

HAHAH- totally get about when the decision is made, and wanting it yesterday.. just like me!

i think the MQ has enough of a shape for ppl to know it is a MQ. not sure if you need to see facet patterning. and vintage means blue sapphires!!!! you getting me on a sapphire eternity bandwagon again!!!!!! but i need it to be 1mm to match in with what i have... and am not sure if 1mm is structurally sound enough.. i wont google, i wont google.. i w..

Good to know that DK does scroll work. There may be 2 vintage carre bands available in my size in the next 1-2 months. One is 3mm full eternity and another is 4mm half eternity (the other half has engraving). I’d like a full eternity but would love 4mm. Gah! I waver between the 2 choices.

Thank you for the links above. Your finished rings are both gorgeous! Btw, I fully advocate a sapphire band. Lol. Would you consider prong setting or channel set only? It may be difficult to find a 1mm band, may be 1-ish? I will let you know when I come across one in your size during my browsing. Not encouraging you or anything. (Totally am.). :D

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
@Fabfashion- I would go full eternity. but that is me. I like uniformity with these eternity sets.

As long as you are careful with your rings. Whilst the side rails protect the stone somewhat, the tables of the diamonds are still exposed. So gardening, using kitchen utensils etc are going to have contact with the undersurface of the fingers and therefore rings.

I think you have to ask DK, if he will engrave vintage pieces. It is most likely not recommended as it is vintage.

Blue sapphires… I have asked the question to a vendor nearer to me… Yanno- just out of curiosity…
Thanx for looking out for me, but at size 9, it is gunna be hard to find.

I could do blue sapphires and emerald eternities, 3mm each!!! and maybe have them engraved! Lolol. So many options, so little money snd time! Lolololololol

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
@Fabfashion- I would go full eternity. but that is me. I like uniformity with these eternity sets.

As long as you are careful with your rings. Whilst the side rails protect the stone somewhat, the tables of the diamonds are still exposed. So gardening, using kitchen utensils etc are going to have contact with the undersurface of the fingers and therefore rings.

I think you have to ask DK, if he will engrave vintage pieces. It is most likely not recommended as it is vintage.

Blue sapphires… I have asked the question to a vendor nearer to me… Yanno- just out of curiosity…
Thanx for looking out for me, but at size 9, it is gunna be hard to find.

I could do blue sapphires and emerald eternities, 3mm each!!! and maybe have them engraved! Lolol. So many options, so little money snd time! Lolololololol

@gregchang35, these are not your size but turns out 1mm is a possible option and even have engraved sides. Dang, wish they were my size!
https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/972...nd&ref=sr_gallery-6-29&organic_search_click=1

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
@Fabfashion ohh. There is hope!!! Thanx, for Er lifting up my hopes, I think. Lololololol.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results