shape
carat
color
clarity

Carre Cut, French Cut, Baguette or Asscher Cut diamond eternity?

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m looking for an eternity ring that I can stack with my Sholdt solitaire. I would like something different other than round diamonds. I’m intrigued by step cuts but wonder which one? Carre Cut, French Cut, baguette or Asscher Cut. :think:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m looking for an eternity ring that I can stack with my Sholdt solitaire. I would like something different other than round diamonds. I’m intrigued by step cuts but wonder which one? Carre Cut, French Cut, baguette or Asscher Cut. :think:
They all have different 'flavours', from what I can tell.

Carre - bold patterns, mostly white light and contrast.
Baguette - classically understated, lonnng facets, potential to be 'all-off' and look dark at some angles. Probably more white light than coloured fire.
Asscher - tricky to find good ones and tricky to find a suite of matching stones with similar 'flavour' and performance. Nice mix of white light and coloured fire.
French - another classic cut, very architectural with high crowns, seem to perform well off-angle, need to be cut well. Mix of white and fire.

Have you considered the Peruzzi cut as well?

Yoram at Gemconcepts.net would be my choice if I had a healthy budget!

hypermom

Shiny_Rock
I have a baguette eternity. Here’s some pictures of it with my 3.13 solitaire. I’m really happy with it. HPD made it.
I’d also love a French cut band. I understand they are very expensive.

D19601E2-552D-4573-81B1-5B0087486B76.jpeg
107E025E-8BF1-4AB6-A4C2-9723E8461A77.jpeg

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have baguette and French cut bands. IMO the frenchies have more white flashes, scintillation and is quite a bit more showy than the baguette band which is much more subtle. In fact, my DD is not a fan of the baguettes because she says they blend with the platinum making it look like a metal only band. Love the French cut much more. Good luck!!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Caree versus French - WWW

elizat

Ideal_Rock
The baguette band will be quieter. I have a baguette halo on a ring. They are elegant looking, but less flash. I could see them blending into metal on a band.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
@OoohShiny gave a beautiful account of what each band would look like/ perform

how wide are you thinking for the eternity? it may make a difference to the overall feel?
With your ring that i am assuming is in your avatar, i am going to assuming that a 2mm wide eternity is what you are looking for? Take it for what it is... I immediately saw a frenchie or a peruzzi band. I think both of these stones will play well with your MRB diamond.

i do have a soft spot for step cuts, and currently (for a few years) in a frenchy mode... :)

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone! That’s very helpful. :geek2:

@OoohShiny I don’t have a healthy budget at the moment as I just got my CBI....I wanted a band to stack with my low Sholdt setting so the diamonds can’t be too big anyways.
Thanks for the threads, I’m going to look at them. :read:

@hypermom thank you for the pictures. I love that band! I need something low like that.

@Slick1 yes I agree that it looks like the baguettes blend in with the platinum. Not sure if I like that or no?..
I was mildly tempted by a pre-loved Tiffany & Co. baguette band however I think I want more sparkle.

@elizat thank you I agree.

@AV_ thanks for the thread. I’m going to take a look at it.

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@OoohShiny gave a beautiful account of what each band would look like/ perform

how wide are you thinking for the eternity? it may make a difference to the overall feel?
With your ring that i am assuming is in your avatar, i am going to assuming that a 2mm wide eternity is what you are looking for? Take it for what it is... I immediately saw a frenchie or a peruzzi band. I think both of these stones will play well with your MRB diamond.

i do have a soft spot for step cuts, and currently (for a few years) in a frenchy mode... :)

@gregchang35 yes it’s for my new ring. A CBI in a low Sholdt setting. I’m thinking around 2.5mm channel or bezel set.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you considered criss-cut?

They are like baguettes and ECs but have a more varied facet pattern - I think (but am not completely sure) that they might perform better off-axis than both baguettes and ECs, due to the less uniform/parallel faceting.

Efleon

Brilliant_Rock
I struggled with a wedding band to pair with my e-ring for the last 18 years! Well, ok, actually I didn’t think about it for most of that time. I had a shared prong eternity with approximately.20 round brilliant pointers and it honestly did nothing to complement the e-ring which is a 2.68 carat H/SI1 center stone 718C0F8C-3017-4EF6-AE83-D934D11B113B.jpeg 414476F2-B3FA-45E2-8510-C4892F684557.jpeg with tapered baguette sides.
Then I found this baguette eternity and it’s understated presence is exactly right! It’s 2.5 carats.
I am always attracted to blingier eternities but they just end up fighting with the e-ring.
Comfortable as well!
Wanted to post so you have an idea of how quiet a baguette band looks!

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I struggled with a wedding band to pair with my e-ring for the last 18 years! Well, ok, actually I didn’t think about it for most of that time. I had a shared prong eternity with approximately.20 round brilliant pointers and it honestly did nothing to complement the e-ring which is a 2.68 carat H/SI1 center stone 718C0F8C-3017-4EF6-AE83-D934D11B113B.jpeg 414476F2-B3FA-45E2-8510-C4892F684557.jpeg with tapered baguette sides.
Then I found this baguette eternity and it’s understated presence is exactly right! It’s 2.5 carats.
I am always attracted to blingier eternities but they just end up fighting with the e-ring.
Comfortable as well!

Thanks so much @Efleon! I purchased a French cut eternity ring about a year ago and I love it! It’s very comfortable. 20FDD345-36A1-47A4-86DE-630C8495DC7A.jpeg 4746B388-DE21-4806-AA25-3130A26B1518.jpeg

Efleon

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much @Efleon! I purchased a French cut eternity ring about a year ago and I love it! It’s very comfortable. 20FDD345-36A1-47A4-86DE-630C8495DC7A.jpeg 4746B388-DE21-4806-AA25-3130A26B1518.jpeg

@Weecam I love this so much! If I ever find one I would love to see if it would play well with my e-ring.
Yours certainly does!

PS-I bumped this thread because I think it’s such a great resource to see the different iterations of eternity band

Efleon

Brilliant_Rock
Comfortable as well!

Now you all enabled me with CE303CE1-11AE-48C2-B759-C864A5AFF670.jpeg your gorgeous wedding bands... especially the Frenchies!
I found a perfect sized French cut eternity band and I am wondering if it makes a significant enough difference to warrant investing in it and wearing it with my e-ring instead of my baguette wedding band?

Blondegirl

Rough_Rock
I love this way more than the baguette cut. More interesting - go for it. I just got a modified square and even though it’s not a French cut it’s got something different that I love

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this!! Do you have a thread on it or more info?
@lovedogs :

I bought this locally and was told it was Stuller #122107 shared prong eternity band.
It was available in 4 asscher sizes, 2mm or .05s, 2.3mm or .08s, 2.6mm or .10s, and 3.3mm or .15s. I went for the smallest one because I didn't want it to compete with my erings. And being cheap I had it set in their 14X1 (and not platinum).

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lovedogs :

I bought this locally and was told it was Stuller #122107 shared prong eternity band.
It was available in 4 asscher sizes, 2mm or .05s, 2.3mm or .08s, 2.6mm or .10s, and 3.3mm or .15s. I went for the smallest one because I didn't want it to compete with my erings. And being cheap I had it set in their 14X1 (and not platinum).

Thanks, its lovely on you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results