shape
carat
color
clarity

Caretaker of New Pets in the Household

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
On the topic of rogue purchases... and how both PS and IG can be a deadly bad influence on one's wallet... and how beauty won out...

@MMtwo posted shots of her gorgeous GSS studs. I came back time and again to look at them. I've been inactively watching for beautiful GSS studs of the right color for a strand that I purchased from Cees last year. Then, on IG, I notice that Andrew @molinePDG posted shots of the sister pearls to MMtwo's. I hemmed and hawed for about 38 seconds and made the rogue purchase. They eventually arrived and I was smitten with them. Little balls of pure sunshine on my ears! They're 9-ish mm and are so radiant! I love them dearly. They are Part 1 of the newest addition to my "pearl pets".

Andrew's images:
IMG_2186-sm.jpg

IMG_2185-sm.jpg

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
And Part 2 of the GSS rogue purchase saga.

I'd casually mentioned to Andrew that I was (vaguely) interested in one day having a non-circle GSS strand. Just a li''l dream. Hah. Then I saw photos that Andrew posted (on the dreaded IG, yet again) of this:

IMG_2184-sm.jpg

Again, after what seemed like three heartbeats (in fact, Andrew very graciously held the pearls for a week, while I hemmed and hawed and tried to fight off the urge, LOL!), I decided that I would ever regret it if I let these slip away.

They are truly lovely! My DH often notices my pearls but had never commented on the circled strand before, other than to notice I had a strand on. With this one, however, he repeatedly comments on how shiny and glowy and bright goooooolden they looked. The stamp of husbandly approval.

I had been outside rummaging about in the snow, shovelling, etc., when the strand finally arrived. They're on a temp thread and closure, and I just had to put them on and take the inaugural first photo. LOL!

This is just with an iPhone 10 camera and it doesn't capture the rich depth of color.

IMG_0678-sm.jpg

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
The studs nestled with the circled strand, which also has some lovely orient to it. The color matches the depth of the strand which is what I was hoping for:

IMG_0667-sm.jpg

IMG_0682-sm.jpg

And a fave shot:

IMG_0683-sm.jpg

Finally, a family shot of the goldies:
IMG_0685-sm.jpg

I am a happy GSS camper, with huge kudos and thanks to Andrew, and to Cees as well!

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
What a stunning set!!

Thanks, @MakingTheGrade It's such a joy to just gaze upon them! I need to string them, now. I was going to use a gold "bean" clasp but I may end up going the gold push clasp route to make sure they stay where they're put! I now worry that the bean clasp might unexpectedly become undone.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, @MakingTheGrade It's such a joy to just gaze upon them! I need to string them, now. I was going to use a gold "bean" clasp but I may end up going the gold push clasp route to make sure they stay where they're put! I now worry that the bean clasp might unexpectedly become undone.

What’s a push clasp?
Yeah I love my bean clasps for bracelets since they’re so easy to manipulate one handed. And my tiny choker since it’s small and light.

But anything heavy and pricey i prefer safety clasps!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
The studs nestled with the circled strand, which also has some lovely orient to it. The color matches the depth of the strand which is what I was hoping for:

IMG_0667-sm.jpg

IMG_0682-sm.jpg

And a fave shot:

IMG_0683-sm.jpg

IMG_0685-sm.jpg

I am a happy GSS camper, with huge kudos and thanks to Andrew, and to Cees as well!

Gorgeous !
I have never seen golden peaels in the flesh
Is the colour really as golden as the pictures?

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
On the topic of rogue purchases... and how both PS and IG can be a deadly bad influence on one's wallet... and how beauty won out...

@MMtwo posted shots of her gorgeous GSS studs. I came back time and again to look at them. I've been inactively watching for beautiful GSS studs of the right color for a strand that I purchased from Cees last year. Then, on IG, I notice that Andrew @molinePDG posted shots of the sister pearls to MMtwo's. I hemmed and hawed for about 38 seconds and made the rogue purchase. They eventually arrived and I was smitten with them. Little balls of pure sunshine on my ears! They're 9-ish mm and are so radiant! I love them dearly. They are Part 1 of the newest addition to my "pearl pets".

Andrew's images:
IMG_2186-sm.jpg

IMG_2185-sm.jpg

OMG, we're pearl sisters now! :)
I am thrilled for you! Also so glad you posted pictures of the studs in your ears. It is nearly impossible to find photos of rich gold GSS studs in ears!

IMG_0667-sm.jpg

IMG_0682-sm.jpg

And a fave shot:

IMG_0683-sm.jpg

IMG_0685-sm.jpg

Eeeeeeekkkkk! I am so excited for you. This new strand is BEAUTIFUL! It looks great on you, too! That GSS magic. The gold is so truly gold. The luster is WONDERFUL! So happy you are happy! LOL< I know this is too excited, but I am really that excited for you. HA.

I also love your ringed strand - that likewise has wonderful color! was that from Cees?

Last edited:

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous !
I have never seen golden peaels in the flesh
Is the colour really as golden as the pictures?

Hi Daisy,
Some gold pearls are richer and a more saturated gold than others, but these pearls are very saturated vivid gold!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These GSS earrings and necklace are so gorgeous!

I have to admit, I have been trying to figure out the connection between this thread's title "Caretaker of New Pets in the Household" and the actual topic discussed in the thread, which is GSS purchases.... Maybe there's a carryover from a different thread? OP, or anyone, would you enlighten me?

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Incredibly gorgeous!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YOU got his GSS buttons with the rainbow overtone!! Oh lovely - I was hoping those had gone to a PSer so we’d get more photos!! :appl:

Ahh. The confessional. Your penance shall be at least one photo a day for a week :bigsmile:

Your studs are beautiful. Perfect colour match there!! I feel like those two strands, you could easily wear together? I have soft spots for combining textured+untextured pearls though, and large+small. Do you plan to have them strung locally?

I put off shovelling snow today. I know I’ll regret it tomorrow - we need milk, and it’ll definitely ice over tonight. Wearing some pearls to ease the annoyance is a capital idea.

One last thought. Your pearls sit very perky in your ears... Are you using the earring backs shown in your photo?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh... The title... So I call my pretties “my pets” too. And I call my pets “my pretties”. So I got it. I think. I guess that’s not normal? :lol:

Last edited:

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love how they have iridescence and still have the great gold color. Stunning

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
@SparklieBug please post more pics in the “show me your GSS strand necklaces” thread to get more traction on that thread. Pretty please.:saint:

I would post but alas do not have any GSS.

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
What’s a push clasp?
Yeah I love my bean clasps for bracelets since they’re so easy to manipulate one handed. And my tiny choker since it’s small and light.

But anything heavy and pricey i prefer safety clasps!

@MakingTheGrade Push clasps are ones like the “orbit” clasps. I’m in computer-tech Hades right now, so grabbing links is a fumble-tron on a small device. :roll2:

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
OMG, we're pearl sisters now! :)
I am thrilled for you! Also so glad you posted pictures of the studs in your ears. It is nearly impossible to find photos of rich gold GSS studs in ears!

Eeeeeeekkkkk! I am so excited for you. This new strand is BEAUTIFUL! It looks great on you, too! That GSS magic. The gold is so truly gold. The luster is WONDERFUL! So happy you are happy! LOL< I know this is too excited, but I am really that excited for you. HA.

I also love your ringed strand - that likewise has wonderful color! was that from Cees?

LOL! I get this excited for others, too! And yes!, we’re GSS sisters--and very happy about it, too!

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
These GSS earrings and necklace are so gorgeous!

I have to admit, I have been trying to figure out the connection between this thread's title "Caretaker of New Pets in the Household" and the actual topic discussed in the thread, which is GSS purchases.... Maybe there's a carryover from a different thread? OP, or anyone, would you enlighten me?

LOL! @marymm Yeah... I was in a hurry to get the photos posted and neglected to mention that the pearls are like my little “pets”. I’m their caretaker, LOL! Call me crazy but I’ve been known to tell them, out loud, how beautiful they are and that I love them. :???::lol:

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
YOU got his GSS buttons with the rainbow overtone!! Oh lovely - I was hoping those had gone to a PSer so we’d get more photos!! :appl:

Ahh. The confessional. Your penance shall be at least one photo a day for a week :bigsmile:

Your studs are beautiful. Perfect colour match there!! I feel like those two strands, you could easily wear together? I have soft spots for combining textured+untextured pearls though, and large+small. Do you plan to have them strung locally?

I put off shovelling snow today. I know I’ll regret it tomorrow - we need milk, and it’ll definitely ice over tonight. Wearing some pearls to ease the annoyance is a capital idea.

One last thought. Your pearls sit very perky in your ears... Are you using the earring backs shown in your photo?

Thank you, @yssie The earring backs the studs came with are a beauty to behold, yet my lobes are pretty wimpy (small), so I bought some of the large ones that a few people recommended in a different thread about earring backs. LOL! I forget what they’re called... and where I ordered them. D’oh!

I adore stringing pearls, so I‘ll do them. I have the color thread that suits them, and will put them on the bean clasp, although will likely restring them with an orbit-style clasp.

Last edited:

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
Oh... The title... So I call my pretties “my pets” too. And I call my pets “my pretties”. So I got it. I think. I guess that’s not normal? :lol:

This is it, precisely! :dance:

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
@SparklieBug please post more pics in the “show me your GSS strand necklaces” thread to get more traction on that thread. Pretty please.:saint:

I would post but alas do not have any GSS.

When I get my machine back from the spa, I will do so.

@CMN Heh. You *do* know the remedy for obtaining GSS, right? We can he-e-elp you! :lol::saint:

Reactions: CMN

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely beaaaautiful little pets!

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
@CMN Heh. You *do* know the remedy for obtaining GSS, right? We can he-e-elp you! :lol::saint:

I know. I am thinking, thinking, thinking :think: hence the new “show me your GSS strand” thread!

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely beaaaautiful little pets!

Thank you, @Cerulean They are definitely a fave. My first love are colorful Tahitians from Robert Wan which I'll post at some point. Honestly though, all the pearls I have are special pets to me. LOL!

I know. I am thinking, thinking, thinking :think: hence the new “show me your GSS strand” thread!

:dance: Good plan! Have you been over on the other site that's pearls-only and pearls-all-the-time? There are some lovely GSS strands to be seen there, too. That is the place I've banned myself from. :lol:

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
@SparklieBug - yes I am a member there as well. Love looking at all the strands being worn.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results