shape
carat
color
clarity

Can't make up my mind

Elepig

Rough_Rock
I have an anniversary coming up and my better half gave me a budget of $8k with which to pick out a diamond.

I decided on where to get one, but now I'm stuck on which to choose :love: . Here they are side by side...

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/compare.aspx?idnos=3589409,3640403,3628082,3640402

There isn't much difference really but I'm getting hooked up on the videos. A couple of them seem sparklier (the more sparkle, the better) . Not sure if I should get so caught up in them.

(If you don't want all videos going at once, click on 'Details' box under the price to see each one.)

Looks like I may have to flip a coin. :shock: . Thanks in advance for any insights that may or may not sway me ;-) .

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
F=VS2 is my vote because it's not the most expensive and it's got the biggest dimensions :dance:

Elepig

Rough_Rock
I'm trying to figure out which has the most sparkle....if that's possible.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For sparkle, I'd call whiteflash and ask them which one is the show stopper out of the four.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1458155673|4006234 said:
For sparkle, I'd call whiteflash and ask them which one is the show stopper out of the four.

I agree...much easier for the folks at WF to look at the stones and give you their opinion on sparkle then to try and figure out from
the videos. They'll be honest with you. No reason not to. Super nice people at WF.

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
PintoBean said:
F=VS2 is my vote because it's not the most expensive and it's got the biggest dimensions

What she said ^^ :bigsmile:

PintoBean said:

What she said ^^ again :bigsmile:

tyty333 said:
agree...much easier for the folks at WF to look at the stones and give you their opinion on sparkle then to try and figure out from
the videos. They'll be honest with you. No reason not to. Super nice people at WF.

And what she said ^^ too :bigsmile:

They gave you rock solid advise so I have nothing to add. I am excited to see what you decide on :appl:

Roi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
My vote is for F/VS2 !!! Can not go wrong with ACA stones....they all will be beautiful, choose biggest one :naughty:

Elepig

Rough_Rock
I kept going back and forth, so when my husband came home I made him choose between the .928 and the .963. He ultimately went with the .963 because it is also my birth date.

He said, 'Serendipity. Now stop looking/comparing, and don't second guess.'

The setting is being done in platinum (ordered from a B&M; price was on par) and should be done in a few weeks. :dance:

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome. Don't forget to show us the ring when you get it!!

Elepig

Rough_Rock
Re: Can't make up my mind ..UPDATE

Well, after my .963 was delivered, the husband started talking about throwing a little more money at it (since they have a 30 day return policy/lifetime tradeup) and when a husband starts talking like that, what wife wouldn't run with it? And if I'm going to be spending more, I want to see them in person, so I said, 'ANNIVERSARY ROAD TRIP'. And he was okay taking one.

So we drove to their showroom to check out several more diamonds to either confirm what I had was worth keeping, or exchanging it for MOAR sparkle. I chose more sparkle to the tune of 1.23ct and had it delivered. Color and clarity remained the same - F VS2, though I did look at a beautiful 1.3ct 'I' VS1. When it arrived it gave me the flutters looking at it. It was so pretty all over my house, I almost didn't want to take it in to get it set. I didn't have that reaction with the first one. :love:

I tried to get a decent picture of the finished product, but it was hard without a good camera. The setting is platinum, which I chose from Shaneco. I will be getting a band to match and am planning on getting it from whiteflash as they set better quality diamonds in their wedding bands.

dscn1244.jpg

dscn1268.jpg

dscn1289.jpg

Playing with fire....
dscn1252.jpg

Getting read to ignite...
dscn1253.jpg

rscn1280.jpg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow - you work fast! That must be the fastest upgrade EVER! The finished product is STUNNING! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Elepig

Rough_Rock
Well, I was a tad uncertain with the first one and when we're talking this many dollars, it better give me the warm fuzzies. This one did when I saw it.
I wish I could get a picture of it under one of my kitchen lights -- tons of color/rainbows flashing out all over it.

Roi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!
Totally agree with you, you need to feel the right choice :)))) :appl: :appl: :appl: :love: :love: :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results