shape
carat
color
clarity

Can't decide between colorless and slight color diamond!

A-Cakes

Rough_Rock
Hi!
I'm fortunate to have a future fiance who wanted me to pick out my own ring. I've chosen the setting -- a simple but romantic six-prong yellow gold band.

Now I have to choose the diamond! I've decided on RB. Originally I was going to choose a OMC fancy colored brown/goldenish diamond (the one in the first picture linked above), but this particular stone was too included and misshapen for my liking. Then I ordered a stone online, 2.28 carat VS2 in Y-Z range. It came and I like it, but I'm worried it's too "in between" a fancy colored brown and no color. It comes off as a warm cream color, and I guess I'm just worried about regretting not getting a more "traditional" diamond for my engagement ring (since I only get one and I have to wear it forever!) So now I'm considering going almost colorless at the J-K range. I am still drawn to "warmer" diamonds, so diamonds in the M - S-T range are appealing... but again, I'm worried I will regret not going with something more traditional.

Does anyone have any advice?!

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How long have you liked warm diamonds? If you've been drawn to colorless until now, that's probably what I'd stay with. If not, got for the warm! It sounds like you might just need a better cut fancy color stone. Do you want to go all the way to fancy yellow, or stay in the gold/brown range? And are OMC's officially out? I think those are particularly beautiful in warmer colors.

What is your budget?

A-Cakes

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your reply! I've always liked warm diamonds, even since I was little. I guess now that the time is actually here, I'm having trouble pulling the trigger on it. I even toyed with the idea of this lemony yellow diamond, but decided I wanted the round shape. I know OMCs are great with color, but after ordering a RB I think the sparkle is just incredible, and think that's what I want to stick with. Again, having trouble deciding if I want to go brown or more yellowy. I've found some really pretty lightly yellow Ms that I think will look nice with the gold setting.

No budget really, but would like to stay under 12K if possible.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I believe you are speaking of Cape diamonds. Diamonds by Lauren carries them.

Fancy colors start after Z.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results