shape
carat
color
clarity

Can you tell me about this ASET image?

Envyme

Shiny_Rock
http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/cushion-cut-loose-diamond-2160878.htm

This is a stone I am seriously considering BUT I would really appreciate any input on this stone. I am new to the whole ASET Images but It looks like to me that the center of the stone is green which in this case = lost light which is what you see in the regular pic of the stone in the center and some of the edges correct? Is this something that is normal range for a cushion or is it likely something that is unappealing in person?

Thanks for your help!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
It looks like a really good ASET to me...lots of red, some green, minimal everything else. Keep in mind that it's visibly off-square (you may be going for a rectangular look vs. a square; this one is kind of in-betweeny). And it's definitely a modern-style cushion as opposed to an antique chunky look. I personally like modern cushions, but it's a matter of preference. If you like a modern brilliant cushion look, go for it!

tannet

Shiny_Rock
Looks like you're leaning more towards the H! :) I haven't done much research on cushions so I can't help. I just wanted to send good luck wishes back your way. ;-)

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
This diamond has been in their inventory for quite a while. The issue is the blue areas could be dark most of the time and the centre could be less lively. You should ask Bob about how the diamond performs but I'd probably be cautious about this one.

Depends on what kind of cushion you are looking for.

Envyme

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

Thank you all for your replies and well wishes. I don't know how I missed them until now :confused:

Well, here is another ASET from another stone, what are your opinions on this one? Ignore the stone on the right / the larger one. I am only looking at the stone on the left - the one you see the ASET for.

Thanks for your replies!

:mrgreen:

cushion2.jpg

Cushiont1.jpg

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
The plain photograph is too small.
The ASET has a bergundy background instead of black which means it is not a properly lit image and should probably be disregarded.

Envyme

Shiny_Rock
Thank you ChunkyCushionLover for that info. I appreciate it. I will ask them to re-take it. Even from the pic it doesn't seem like that nice of a stone but I wasn't sure if that was just the pic or if it was an unattractive stone.

Am I being unrealistic here: I am looking for a 1.5 C stone with a VS2 or higher (100% eye clean) open to color as long as it isn't yellowish from the side...I think a bit of warmth is ok but not from the side. I am open to cut - OMC, Antique cushion, round etc in the 8K range or less without a setting...Cut VG or better and symmetry G or better and Polish G or better.... :|

Thanks for your opinions.

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Envyme said:
Thank you ChunkyCushionLover for that info. I appreciate it. I will ask them to re-take it. Even from the pic it doesn't seem like that nice of a stone but I wasn't sure if that was just the pic or if it was an unattractive stone.

Am I being unrealistic here: I am looking for a 1.5 C stone with a VS2 or higher (100% eye clean) open to color as long as it isn't yellowish from the side...I think a bit of warmth is ok but not from the side. I am open to cut - OMC, Antique cushion, round etc in the 8K range or less without a setting...Cut VG or better and symmetry G or better and Polish G or better.... :|

Thanks for your opinions.

8K will be stretching it with those specs. Maybe you can find a 1.5Ct I Si1/Vs2 or an H Si1/VS2 for that budget.

I'd suggest when you go to see ERD you also head to see Perry as well.

http://www.micropave.com/index.php/diamonds/1-75-j-vs2-antique-cushion.html
http://www.micropave.com/index.php/diamonds/1-37-g-vs2.html
http://www.micropave.com/index.php/diamonds/1122074979.html

ERD may be able to pull these in for you as well. Remember to consider faceup dimensions and Length X Width Ratio instead of Carat Weight.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results