shape
carat
color
clarity

can you see the difference between a 0.72 ct and 0.78 ??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dfreak

Rough_Rock
Do you think you could see the difference in size between a 0.72 and a 0.78 princess cut? both with same table and depth = D 70% T69%

I think the difference is so microscopic that nobody would tell wich on is bigger. what do you think?

Sponsored By:

Charmed

Shiny_Rock
I had a .73 carat princess cut diamond. It was polished to .69 and I could tell the difference. The experts would have to weigh in because I bet it really depends on the stone and the situation. I am confused if it has the same table and depth, then it probably wouldn't be noticeable. Just my two cents.

dfreak

Rough_Rock
mmmmm interesting. i thought you start to see the difference when it goes over 0.10ct difference between stones.

monty2004

Rough_Rock
I think at least if side by side the difference would be noticeable. I suspect that the % difference of the sizes will determine whether a difference can be noticed. In this case the larger is 8% bigger than the smaller one. On the other hand, a 1.72 ct vs 1.78 probably would not be distinguishable. Just a thought.

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
Are the L/W ratios identical?

You will probably see the dif. side-by-side, but not after being set if the L/W are the same.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results