shape
carat
color
clarity
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. PriceScope Upgrade Completed
    For issues, questions and comments click the link below
    https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pricescope-upgraded-comments-and-issues.229551/

Dismiss Notice

can you see the difference between a 0.72 ct and 0.78 ??

Discussion in 'RockyTalky' started by dfreak, Mar 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dfreak
    Rough_Rock

by dfreak » Mar 12, 2004
    Do you think you could see the difference in size between a 0.72 and a 0.78 princess cut? both with same table and depth = D 70% T69%

I think the difference is so microscopic that nobody would tell wich on is bigger. what do you think?

2. Charmed
    Shiny_Rock

by Charmed » Mar 12, 2004
    I had a .73 carat princess cut diamond. It was polished to .69 and I could tell the difference. The experts would have to weigh in because I bet it really depends on the stone and the situation. I am confused if it has the same table and depth, then it probably wouldn't be noticeable. Just my two cents.

3. dfreak
    Rough_Rock

by dfreak » Mar 12, 2004
    mmmmm interesting. i thought you start to see the difference when it goes over 0.10ct difference between stones.

4. monty2004
    Rough_Rock

by monty2004 » Mar 12, 2004
    I think at least if side by side the difference would be noticeable. I suspect that the % difference of the sizes will determine whether a difference can be noticed. In this case the larger is 8% bigger than the smaller one. On the other hand, a 1.72 ct vs 1.78 probably would not be distinguishable. Just a thought.

5. DiamondExpert
    Brilliant_Rock

by DiamondExpert » Mar 13, 2004
    Are the L/W ratios identical?

You will probably see the dif. side-by-side, but not after being set if the L/W are the same.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.