shape
carat
color
clarity

Can you sayl "White Supremacy," kids?

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...s-whites-made-contributions-to-civilization/

During a discussion of the Republican party's lack of diversity, Representative Steve King (R- Iowa) came up with this zinger:

This 'old white people' business does get a little tired, Charlie," King said. "I'd ask you to go back through history and figure out, where are these contributions that have been made by these other categories of people that you're talking about, where did any other subgroup of people contribute more to civilization?

:-o

Can you say "White Supremacy," kids?

His ignorance is as astounding as his candor is - well, candor.

Yes, I realize that not all people who consider themselves to be Republicans would agree with this statement. In fact, I'm looking forward to the parade of ranking Republicans who will step up to denounce this statement... ;))

BeekeeperBetty

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I saw that. I think America really needs to invest in better world history education.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BeekeeperBetty|1468897613|4056980 said:
I saw that. I think America really needs to invest in better world history education.

Agree completely. History is doomed to repeat itself with willful ignorance such as this. Terrifying and despicable. :nono: :knockout:

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BeekeeperBetty|1468897613|4056980 said:

I can assure you, there is nothing as contentious as what is taught in history class. Nothing. What you're really saying, is there needs to be more history of other places, from a different point of view. That assertion in itself, causes many to run around with their hair on fire. Most of those with smoking hair, are on school boards and in state legislatures, and do things like mandate dropping anything complimentary about Jefferson while including material praising McCarthy.

I would also point out that simply presenting information is not enough to overcome a person's social environment - that "willful" part of the ignorance equation.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results