shape
carat
color
clarity

Can you put a rolex in an ultrasonic cleaner?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NewShiny

Shiny_Rock

I think the subject line says it all.

I purchased an ultrasonic cleaner for my e-ring about a month ago and it has done wonders for all of my jewelry. I''ve had my stainless steel rolex datejust since June, and think its about ready for its first bath. It is okay to put the whole watch in the cleaner, or shall I hold the face of the watch out of the water/cleaning solution and just clean the band?

Thanks in advance!

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve read that''s an absolute no no. Check timezone.com and search or post there. I think only taking the bracelet off and puttting it in is OK.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another option would be to get a soft toothbrush, liquid soap (e.g. dishwashing detergent, bath gel etc) and scrub the band with it. Shouldn't hurt the watch since they are waterproof to 330 ft (make sure the crown screw is all the way in first).

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/7/2004 10:38:55 PM
Author:NewShiny

I think the subject line says it all.

I purchased an ultrasonic cleaner for my e-ring about a month ago and it has done wonders for all of my jewelry. I''ve had my stainless steel rolex datejust since June, and think its about ready for its first bath. It is okay to put the whole watch in the cleaner, or shall I hold the face of the watch out of the water/cleaning solution and just clean the band?

Thanks in advance!

NewShiny

i do that all the time ,but make sure the crown is screw down tight.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock

I guess that would really get it fully wound!

I''d never do it, but that doesn''t mean you can''t - check Noobie''s web sites. I use the toothbrush and cleaner all the time, and it stays nice and clean. Just make sure the crown is nice and tight. DH went swimming with his loose, and that was a pricey repair bill!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Rolex mashed and/or pickled anyone

31.gif
?

NewShiny

Shiny_Rock

Thanks for the advice, everyone.

I don''t think I''ll take any chances by placing the whole thing in the ultrasonic. I''ll continue to clean the band this way though - it works great!

The toothbrush idea sounds most practical for the face.

Thank you again!
NS

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results