shape
carat
color
clarity

Can you guys see the crystals in this diamond?

llamage

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I got a gemologist report from james allen for three diamonds. The one they chose as they best fit is this diamond:

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/H-SI1-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1370532.asp

However, they mentioned that "Additionally, its crystals may be visible to the unaided eye but the gemologists noted that they are difficult to pick up on."

Since I'm fairly new to this, I wanted others to give an opinion based upon the image they see at james allen and the GIA report. Will these crystals be visible when I see it in person before I purchase it?

thanks in advance!

llamage

Rough_Rock
well I can obviously see them in the magnification. What I meant to say was how without the magnification?

Bibbi

Rough_Rock
by minmin001 » 16 May 2011 16:55
just ask the people there if it's eye clean.

Ditto to that...ask them if it's eye clean because under that magnification - everything shows and that is not the real world look once you have it unless peopel carry loupes now! :lol:

llamage

Rough_Rock
thanks for the replys so far. I will ask them tomorrow if it's eye clean, but based on their initial reports,

they says it "may be visible to the unaided eye." So it's sort of ambiguous.

Also, they said that this diamond I looked at has feathers than CAN be seen with the unaided eye. But I don't see anything in the magnification... except for that round yellow thing at 9 pm

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/H-SI2-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1372979.asp

But where are the feathers? Am I just too new to this to see anything?

adrift02

Rough_Rock
Honestly, I wouldn't waste my time with a diamond that wasn't eye clean. If it was in a store and you could see what the inclusion looks like that's one thing...

Also, feathers can be hard to see top down but show up more from the side sometimes. Check out the videos on good old gold, there are a couple that do a good job demonstrating what they look like.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like they are being honest telling you the stone is not eye clean. That would eliminate it for me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results