shape
carat
color
clarity

Can somone please tell me if this is a good diamond?

Mirna

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone,

Although I am an avid reader of these forums, this is the first time I've posted. I just got engaged on the weekend which was also my birthday, what a great present :) and have started the process of finding my dream diamond on a budget ($7,500 Australian Dollars).
I found a diamond but I'm not quite sure if it is a good diamond. Anyones help would be much appreciated.

Diamond details are:
1.40ct, G colour, VVS2 Clarity, Exellent Polish & Symmetry for $6,980.00 AUD

Table Width - 57%
Depth - 61.3%
Crown Height - 15%
Pavillion Height - 43%

This is an EGL certified diamond, so I'm aware that there may be some variations in the grading, however, I put the diamond proportions into the Holloway Cut Advisor and it returned a score of 1.2, which I think is pretty good???

As I am buying online, sight unseen, I am slightly hesitant about the purchase and want to ensure that the diamond is of excellent quality... Please Help.

Thanks in advance,

Mirna

sakari_8

Shiny_Rock
Mirna|1353386345|3310762 said:
Hi Everyone,

Although I am an avid reader of these forums, this is the first time I've posted. I just got engaged on the weekend which was also my birthday, what a great present :) and have started the process of finding my dream diamond on a budget ($7,500 Australian Dollars).
I found a diamond but I'm not quite sure if it is a good diamond. Anyones help would be much appreciated.

Diamond details are:

Table Width - 57%
Depth - 61.3%
Crown Height - 15%
Pavillion Height - 43%

This is an EGL certified diamond, so I'm aware that there may be some variations in the grading, however, I put the diamond proportions into the Holloway Cut Advisor and it returned a score of 1.2, which I think is pretty good???

As I am buying online, sight unseen, I am slightly hesitant about the purchase and want to ensure that the diamond is of excellent quality... Please Help.

Thanks in advance,

Mirna

Wish you belated Happy Bday! :appl: and congrats for your engagement.

Can you also post the image of this diamond?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unfortunately EGL is known for unreliable grading (as in, that stone could be I-J-K color easily). You need to stick with GIA Excellent cut or AGS Ideal cut and still post the specs here.

Mirna

Rough_Rock
sakari_8|1353436614|3311172 said:
Hi Everyone,

Diamond details are:

Table Width - 57%
Depth - 61.3%
Crown Height - 15%
Pavillion Height - 43%

Thanks in advance,

Mirna

Hello, thank you so much for the birthday and engagement wishes :appl: I don't have a photo of the diamond but I have requested one. I do however have the link to the certificate if that helps?
http://www.77diamonds.com/viewOriginalCertificate.aspx?code=RBMBCCTJJBQG

Mirna

Rough_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1353438146|3311203 said:
Unfortunately EGL is known for unreliable grading (as in, that stone could be I-J-K color easily). You need to stick with GIA Excellent cut or AGS Ideal cut and still post the specs here.

Thanks so much for your reply, looks like I'll need to do some further investigating into comparable GIA diamonds.

Mirna

Rough_Rock
Gypsy|1353438165|3311204 said:

Thanks for the link Gypsy. I had a read of the entire post and found it quite helpful.... Seems like GIA is the way to go particularly since I am buying site unseen.

vishke8

Rough_Rock
Congratulation Mirna on your engagement and belated Happy Birthday :appl: .

Coming on to your diamond, from the certificate, it looks good, but I would want to get it check from a gemologist as I do not trust EGL certification, it could be a grade or two lower than what appears on their certificate for their clarity and color grading.

Please check if you are getting any return policy with the diamond.

I would recommend you to go for a GIA certified diamond than a EGL.

Good luck :razz:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Let us know what your parameters are and we'd be happy to help you.

Mirna

Rough_Rock
vishke8|1353467125|3311666 said:
Congratulation Mirna on your engagement and belated Happy Birthday :appl: .

Coming on to your diamond, from the certificate, it looks good, but I would want to get it check from a gemologist as I do not trust EGL certification, it could be a grade or two lower than what appears on their certificate for their clarity and color grading.

Please check if you are getting any return policy with the diamond.

I would recommend you to go for a GIA certified diamond than a EGL.

Good luck :razz:

Thanks so much for your well wishes and your advice, much appreciated... lots of research to do before purchasing my diamond :)

vishke8

Rough_Rock
Hi Mirna,

Let us know what your are looking in your diamond and what is the budget.

Happy Thanksgiving and have a fun weekend.

:)

Mirna

Rough_Rock
Here is the photo you requested :)

Any thoughts?

photo_39.jpg

Mirna

Rough_Rock
sakari_8|1353436614|3311172 said:
Hi Everyone,

Diamond details are:

Table Width - 57%
Depth - 61.3%
Crown Height - 15%
Pavillion Height - 43%

Thanks in advance,

Mirna

Sorry forgot to quote your response :)

Here is the photo you requested, what are your thoughts on the diamond??

_2018.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results