shape
carat
color
clarity

Can Someone recommend a Jeweler in Northern NJ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mollerd

Rough_Rock
Hi - I live in the Boonton area, and want to know if someone has a good expereince with a particular Jeweler? I have been to Paramus Jewelers, Best belt Mall in Wayne, China Town, etc. But I can''t seem to find someone I want to work with through this whole thing who I really trus tif that is possible?

Thanks alot!

mollerd

Rough_Rock
Hi - about 1 hour away? Is it worth it?

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I am the one who recomended them and I would say yes they are worth it. Very nice people, great slection and quality. Plus they have all the fun machines like the Isee2 and what not. You can walk in anytime and be treated like you are their best customer. Or if you have specifcs call ahead and they can encure that what you want is in the store there (they have one other location in Flemington).

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Loose Diamonds: Oh they do carry loose stones...and give you a ton of info so you can compare them to the ones here on PS
Mounting Service: They set a princess cut for me a few years ago. Did a great job! You can watch through the window.
Custom Design: Yes! They also have a line that is just their own and carry several "brands" of settings and other baubbles.
CAD/CAM: Not sure havent asked/needed this info yet.
Repairs: Yup!

mollerd

Rough_Rock
Hi Great, thank you. How are their prices? I would like to see that that Idealscope thing works. I felt like if I bought one everyone would think I was crazy. Everyone already things I am analyzing this thing to death. I am going to go to Tiffany''s tonight just so I can see what a perfect princess looks like, then when I settle on one I will have something to compare it to.

For some reason the bow-tie effect has been driving me crazy and they all seem to ghave them in one degree or another even an IF stone I saw. The only stone that didn''t was 80 depth. Any advice on how to avoid that.

Thanks again for your help!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Hi Mollerd-

I live in Denville- right next door to you in Boonton. I have not heard anything about the jewelers that were reccommended to you. I am not engaged yet, bf and I are getting set to start looking. How about Good Old Gold in LI? It is about 1 1/2 hr away from us, but totally seems worth it.. Also, would you be opposed to working online with one of the online vendors- Whiteflash, James Allen, etc? All of these places come highly reccommended on this site. I would make an appt with the folks at Good Old Gold and take it from there. They are not highly praised for nothing. My bf and I will start our search there most likely. Seems like it is worth the trip- good prices and great service. No matter what path you choose, good luck!

madrock

Rough_Rock
I have used Arthur Groom Jewelers in Ridgewood, NJ for more than 20 years, and can highly recommend them. Not sure what you''re looking for, but he found my 10+ carat diamond, and is particularly noted for his work with emeralds.

mollerd

Rough_Rock
Hi thanks, I am looking for a 1.30 - 1.50 princess cut diamond for $7500 or less. At least a G in color and no lower than S11.

mollerd

Rough_Rock
Hi - wow we are neighbors. LI is very difficult for me. I have 2 small children that are with me almost all the time and I work full time. If I try to get John to go all the way out there he will really think I lost it. I''ve been dragging him all over town and now he''s leaving it in my hands. I am not the best driver and NY drivers mae me a little nervous. I though of the internet but it seems like you have to keep looking at them and returning them. Isn''t that harder than going into a store. In a store you can place them in settings etc. Let me know what you think. Wehave considered internet but I may have trouble getting John to gove credit card for such large amount. He''s very nervous about this type of thing.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Well...I honestly dont know of any jewelers in our direct area...I only know of places in NYC,LI Phili,-places that are not accessible to you. If I were you, I would honestly hook up with one of the internet vendors and work with them...you will tell them your specifications and they will find a diamond for you, run tests on it, take pictures and send it to you, etc. And, if you still dont like it when you get it in your hands, you can send it back, no problem. You will get the best prices with online vendors, and great service too. Why dont you try Whiteflash or James Allen? They are reputable online vendors who can surely help you find the diamond of your dreams. You have a reasonable budget for the type of diamond you want- its defintely doable! Let me know what you decide!

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Below are the NAJA and ASA members in NJ. The four in BOLD lettering are people who I know. Not all are "independent" but a couple are. All of them could do a good job for you.

Cape May William H. Scott GG Member 609.898.0202
Clementon Nicholas J. D'Antonio GG Member 856.627.0199
Clifton Anas Abedrabouh GG Member 973.777.1635
Cranford Donald J. Tomace GG Senior Member 908.276.5652
Eatontown John Baghsarian Jr. GG Senior Member 732.542.5444
Paul Bischoff GG Senior Member 732.542.5444
Long Valley Lorraine V. Lopezzo GG Senior Member 908.876.5905
Medford Cheryl A. Kronenberger GG Member 609.654.2234
Mullica Hill Donna K. Andreas-Bazarte GG Member 856.478.9994
Red Bank Barbara Nevius GG Member 732.859.9194
Somerset Peter Stavrianidis GG Member 732.247.4454
Westwood Roy J. Parian Jr. Charter Senior Member 201.664.2211
Woodridge Sharrie Woodring GG FGA Member 732.310.5428
Wyckoff Eileen McBride Cherry Member 201.891.7451

David M. Wolf, ASA - Master Gemologist Appraiser®
New York, NY 10017
(212) 377-2090
or
Florham Park, NJ 07932
(973) 822-2222

Lorraine Lopezzo, ASA - Master Gemologist Appraiser®
Long Valley, NJ 07853
(908) 876-5905
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

mollerd

Rough_Rock
Hi - neighbor, thank you so much, I am going to go to GOG most likely.

mollerd

Rough_Rock
Hi thank you so much for the list. The closest one to me is in Clifton. Should I go there or should I make the trip to GOG in LI.

mollerd

Rough_Rock
10+ carats, oh my!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My mouth is watering. How are their prices. I only have $7500 to spend on a stone and really want a competitive price.

madrock

Rough_Rock
I did a lot of shopping before buying, both at the big name places (Graff, HW, Tiffany) and online. The price he gave me was super competitive, and I was happy with the price. The setting was made in-house. The other bonus was that I got the "retail" experience.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results