shape
carat
color
clarity

can someone help...please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

flastylez

Rough_Rock

I have a loose diamond that was taken out of its mount a few years ago from my wife. I was planning to sell the stone to my cousin and I cannot find the paperwork from when we purchased the ring. The ring has a laser inscription reading "egl usXXXXXXXXXd". I brought the ring to two places to have looked at...1) dans cash america pawn (dont ask me why) the man there told me this ring was a Moisonite and it wasnt worth nothing but a couple hundred dollars. Which made me angry because i feel he didnt know what he was talking about.( i will get back to that in a minute)

2) i brought the ring to a reliable jewelry store here in the city and i asked to speak with a jeweler, some guy came from behind this glass wall and looked at the stone and tested it and said it was a great quality diamond with a thick girdle and gave the diamond to a sales person who spent the next ten minutes examining the diamond, made a few comments and began her sales pitch on some diamonds in house that she could sell me or my cousin.

I did some research on egl website and put in the inscribed serial number and this is what i got:
Weight 1.01 ct.
Shape PRINCESS
Color H
Clarity VS2
Measurements 4.85 x 4.73 x 4.45 mm
Depth 94.1
Table 74.0
Crown 11.3
Pavilion 64.9
Girdle N/A
Polish N/A
Symmetry N/A
Fluorescence MEDIUM BLUE
Culet NONE
Cut Grade

Can anyone tell me from the info above if they think this is a bad diamond. I think its a very nice diamond but i dont want to sell my cousin something that might come back.

Thanks in adavance

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
that stone is very very very (very) deep, giving it the size of only about a .50ct.
15.gif
that''s not a desirable stone in my book.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Depth 94.1 <--- youch
What belle said.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results