shape
carat
color
clarity

Can someone help me Photoshop this ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
...onto my hand, with an oval?

twisted pave shank ring.jpg

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
here''s my hand:

emerald%20loose%20diamond%20on%20hand.jpg

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I thought long and hard and decided that the emerald cut isn''t me, so my mom said I can exchange it for something else if my jeweler lets me. Luckily, he''s known us for a very long time and is nice enough to let me exchange it after so long. I am thinking of an Oval diamond, but he doesn''t have any ovals in my size/price range right now... so he''s gonna start looking.

What do you guys think of that mount? I really like it!

Rowan

Shiny_Rock
Oooh that''s pretty!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m sure Valeria will be able to help you, she''s the whiz with Photoshop!

That is a REALLY beautiful setting, I love it! I think it would look amazing with a Cushion as well.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
loooove the setting! an oval would look awesome.........hope you can find one you like!!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I''m saving the cushion for my engagement ring. I already know exactly what I want for my e-ring.
9.gif
Gotta leave something for my guy to buy, right??
11.gif
12.gif

The emerald cut was gorgeous, but it somehow brought out the wrinkles of my knuckles, and I just couldn''t get over it. It''s probably all psychological, but the longer i wear the ring, the more wrinkly my hands look too! After about a week, I just put it away. No more step cuts for me... but I love the asscher!
39.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey, sorry the emerald cut didn''t work for you, but sounds like you''re making a good decision especially since you haven''t been able to find a setting that feels right to you.

This ring you''ve shown is gorgeous! Good luck. Hope you find the perfect stone.
1.gif

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
i love this look!

oval 3 stone.jpg

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
another:

oval 3 stone on hand.jpg

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
1.21 ct, D, IF!!

D IF oval.jpg

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Forte

Interesting that the seller claims that the D-IF stone is "perfection".

But yet it only has is graded " Good" for polish and ONLY GOOD for symmetry.

To me in that large a stone with that fine a color and clarity grading, that the polish and symmetry would be ex ex.

The better and larger the diamond is, the more important that all the "little" details are in sync with it as well.

Just my observation....

Rockdoc

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2005 10:28:33 PM
Author: ForteKitty
here''s my hand:

emerald%20loose%20diamond%20on%20hand.jpg
Hey Kitty

Nice paw you got there...

Maybe you should be a hand model....

Rockdoc

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Hello! :)

I did this rough photoshop and I hope it gives you an idea of what one of the rings would look like on your hand. The pink blob is where I tried to edit out the emerald diamond that was on your hand in the picture. I''m definitely not an expert at photoshop but I hope this helps.

temp_pricescope.jpg

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
OK an edited an better version of the previous pic

temp_pricescope2.jpg

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
This is the photoshoped Fabrikant Couture Ring. Of course the proportion of the stone to your finger will varying depending on your ring size and the stone size :)

I hope this helped. :)
35.gif

temp_pricescope3.jpg

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
FK, that setting you posted is gorgeous! Never seen anything like it. And yes, great paws. I''ve always admired your youthful and elegant hands.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
That Fabrikant will look fabulous if that Photoshopped image is any indicator...and yes you have lovely long hands! What size is your ring finger?

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s my attempt to put the Fabrikant couture ring with an oval diamond on your finger. It''s a gorgeous setting.

oval-hand2.jpg

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock

yea! my computer's on! hmm.. open page!

oh dear... it's kinda hard typing while drunk. Wow.. i like those pictures! hahahaha...hmm... maybe i should n't be typing while i'm drunk. i kicked butt on shooting games tonight tho. haha. i am the queen of shooting aliens and secret gov't agents. even better after 5 large heffenweisens. that doesn't look right. I can't spell right now. but those beers were HUGE. 9X4 inch steins. Humongous. Good game tho... i kicked all those guys' butts. They said if we ever get attacked that they should give me beer and send me out with machine guns. I agree.
9.gif
i like shooting things.
36.gif

Snowhappy & Art Noveaux~ I really like that ring! Thanks for the photoshop job! The oval looks much better than that emerald. jewelry shoud not give people wrinkles.

Thanks Rocdoc, my paws are okay. *embarassed* the left one's inbetter shape than the right. The right one has paper cuts and scratches all over. They're also a little sore from hitting all those buttons. and a little cramped. those machine guns are a little hard to control. especially when they vibrate all over the place.

Kmom~ i found it while going thru some website. I think it's gorgeous, but i think i'd want the twisted shank to go all the way across instead of stopping at the side, but if it's all the way around, wouldn't it be harder to size? hmm... gotta think about it some more. tonight's not a good night to think.

Mara~ my ring finger's a size 3.25, and i think they're getting longer and longer.
33.gif
i thought only noses and feet grow with age?

I think i'm going to go to skleep. g'nite.

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Art Nouveau,

Your picture looks very nice! I didn't even think about copying and pasting but I guess last night when I did it I had a few drinks as well. I was just really surprised my picture came out at all as I've never done anything like that before. Maybe you could give me some tips? Anywho, I think your picture is fantastic :)

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
I like the oval with the Fabrikant!! to die for!!!

katrina_33

Shiny_Rock
Do you know if that setting is available separately from a center stone, or through which vendors? I thought Fabrikant was a cutter/wholesaler?

I ask because I LOVE that setting!

I guess something similar could be created pretty easily by any jewler too though.

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
Snow_Happy,

I selected the oval diamond; layered it over the round diamond in the Fabrikant ring; resized and rotated it to fit the setting; deleted back ground around the ring; copied over to hand photo; rotated and resized to fit; deleted parts that shouldn''t show. I got rid of the emerald cut stone by copy and paste from another part of the hand and cleaning up with the rubber stamp tool. PHotoshop is a fun program. There''s so much you can play with.

Art Nouveau

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Art Nouveau,

I think you did a WONDERFUL job :) It looks really nice. Thanks for the tips.
1.gif

MaybeDayze

Shiny_Rock
I tried this setting on at Shreve Crump and Low, it's AMAZING, delicate and feminine. It has this micropave iverted V on all 4 sides that wraps around the Stone. Really beautiful.

Can't decide between this setting and one more leon mege/antique cartier.
Can't decide between a cushion and a round for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results