shape
carat
color
clarity

Can it be true paraiba?

oksana

Rough_Rock
paraiba 1.jpg paraiba111.jpg Good afternoon,
Please ,can you comment on these pictures of Paraiba .It is 100 ct.Seller advertised it as a ,,natural Paraiba Tourmaline,, which I find very difficult to believe.Price for this ring is ridiculously small. paraiba333.jpg paraiba444.jpg paraiba555.jpg
I will appreciate your opinion.

Nosean

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Glass, fluorite....

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hardly, I can see a glass bubble near the bottom prong.
There’s a 62 carat pariba for sale on eBay and it’s $4 million dollars!
Coloured glass crystal, worth 50 cents (probably from India or China) and probably not even real silver.

oksana

Rough_Rock
Thank you

Nosean

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
No doubling of the pavillion facets - such a large tourmaline and you would see it clearly.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They make paraiba colored topaz too now, and coated Quartz.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That said, even as costume jewelry it’s pretty and if you love it and it’s cheap, why not.

oksana

Rough_Rock
No ,it is a very expensive for costume jewelry,but it is a very cheap for paraiba.I will stay away :))

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Even the setting has no "depth" -- just thin base metal like it has been stamped and wrapped and not even cast (e.g., fourth photo). You just wouldn't do that with a $10K stone -- let alone a million-dolllar one.

arglthesheep

Rough_Rock
Trade
COuld also be Apatite, which comes also in these kind of colors...
Which is far cheaper, but also not that often in this size.
So I would tend to glass or fluorite...

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
COuld also be Apatite, which comes also in these kind of colors...
Which is far cheaper, but also not that often in this size.
So I would tend to glass or fluorite...

Highly unlikely to be apatite, but if it were, it would be an amazing specimen and valuable.

Coated quartz, or coated fluorite, or irradiated/coated topaz, most likely.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've seen some pretty massive windex blue apatite (talking 20+carat range) the price actually shocked me:eek2:

To me, it looks like glass But I'm terrible at IDing a stone based on a picture:P2

oksana

Rough_Rock
Thank you very much for your opinion.I am totally agree with you.I am far from gems business but even I understood (with my minimal knowledge about gems) it cannot be true. I saw that stone on russian website like Etsy.From my point of view this seller is absolutely disgusting person and I am thinking about where can I report her.
Unfortunately ,somebody (very inexperienced and naive person )bought it.She/he paid approximately 2000 dollars for that that glass.(for ordinary russian person it is a lots of money).
Thank you very much again .

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
That is for sure a paraiba tourmaline...WOW! You got a cool $30 million in your hand there. ;-):lol::naughty:

Frost

Shiny_Rock
Trade
That is for sure a paraiba tourmaline...WOW! You got a cool $30 million in your hand there. ;-):lol::naughty:

Was just about to say it - it'd make a lottery win look tame by comparison. :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results