shape
carat
color
clarity

Can I sleep in these dangling earrings?

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am honestly wondering how actively y'all sleep that tearing your earrings out is a concern at night for you. This is WAY more likely to happen to me during the day, especially as I'm ripping a mask off my face as I enter the sweet freedom of the outdoors. I've yet to lose an earring doing this but I've lost multiple earring backs.

i dunno how likely tearing one out is but i have slept on an earring wrong and woken up to a sore ear ...it happened this last week and i woke up with the hole a little bloody. i usually take mine out more b/c i don't want to lose them but they're also just not comfortable for me to sleep in. it was a tiny 2m stud that did it this last time.
my sister wears little hoops and never takes them out, she has no problem with them.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I would say no. Small studs, maybe. Other than, no. Ymmv.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I sleep in my earrings and have for years without issue. I sleep in my rings too. I don’t know why but I always have. I probably wouldn’t sleep in heavy dangling earrings but I don’t wear those. None of my studs are over 1 ct. though.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't speak from experience as I don't wear earrings.
But might it depend on what kind of sleeper you are ... side, stomach, or back?

Seems like, for people who sleep on their back, earrings would not touch bed, pillow, or sheets.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't speak from experience as I don't wear earrings.
But might it depend on what kind of sleeper you are ... side, stomach, or back?

Seems like, for people who sleep on their back, earrings would not touch bed, pillow, or sheets.

Yeah we've definitely seen some variety in answers here!

FWIW I sleep in these and I sleep mostly on my sides.

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
I have one lobe hole that was pierced when I was 5 which closes up after a few days without an earring. The other can go for months without closing up. Last year I finally got a pair of .50tcw lab studs that are nice to wear 24/7, but cheap enough that I wouldn't cry buckets if I lost them. I don't have any issues sleeping with them in, and I give them a nice weekly ultrasonic clean.

I ironically can't sleep with sleepers so danglers are definitely not for me either 24/7.

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
Been 36yrs sleeping with any kind of earrings never have any problem, my lobe is not stretched at all. My mom, 56yrs sleeping with any kind of earrings also still have a perfect earlobe. Didn’t stretch a bit… Never have any problems or accidents caused by sleeping with earrings, so let’s just continue doing whatever we’re feeling comfortable with, without judging and point fingers :)

pricescopenewbie

Shiny_Rock
It’s definitely a two way street in our house @pricescopenewbie.

Once I woke up in the middle of the night with her hand over my face. Do you realize how damn creepy that is?

was similar to this:

I controlled my breathing as I was terrified and was like what sort of a sick psycho is petting my face. I was about to unleash the fury when I caught a scent of her hand lotion. Oh, it’s my wife! I grabbed her hand and asked her what she was doing.

She was dead asleep and mumbled “I am brailling your face”. To which I promptly replied, go practice your Braille somewhere besides my face!”

To this day she denies doing this. And she laughs fiercely when I try to explain how terrorizing of a feeling that is. Am I about to be smothered? Is someone about to cut my face off? <put the lotion on the skin!> Nope, just my wife’s way of saying I love you @ 3am in the most weirdest way possible!

LMAO that is true love!

pricescopenewbie

Shiny_Rock
Another question for everyone - do you think DK will do dangling earrings? I saw a lot of his gorgeous rings but not many dangling rings. or who should I go to?

Thanks thanks!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am honestly wondering how actively y'all sleep that tearing your earrings out is a concern at night for you. This is WAY more likely to happen to me during the day, especially as I'm ripping a mask off my face as I enter the sweet freedom of the outdoors. I've yet to lose an earring doing this but I've lost multiple earring backs.
This made me laugh out loud :lol:

Apparently I’m a lunatic sleeper. I toss and turn and steal pillows and hoard blankets. Explains why the cats all sleep on his side with his body as a buffer in between. I’m the sort who probably would manage to tear earrings out!

pammbw

Rough_Rock
I guess it would all depend on whether one is a back sleeper or a tummy sleeper, a wild thrasher or a non-moving sleeper. I find sleeping in any jewelry uncomfortable, and have scratched my husband on the few occasions I have worn rings or earrings to bed. So, do what works for you and whomever you sleep with.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I sleep in a plain pair of hoops that are pretty similar, and I had a pair before that that I slept in for years and only stopped because they were gold plated and a bunch of the plating wore off, so I replaced them with actual gold ones. I think those would be fine to sleep in. I can't sleep in studs because the post pokes me, but some hoops work well. My left ear hole closes up pretty quickly so I still have to wear earrings much of the time if I don't want it to. I haven't had any issues with holes getting stretched out.

Ouch
those backs hurt in the middle of the night dont they !

I only ever wore thin silver keepers/ sleepers 24/7 for years with no problem but im having all sorts of problems now
@pricescopenewbie this is a good topic thank you

i only like thin posts because the thick ones hurt too much so im not concerned about my piercings stretching

As im more concerned about it damaging the earing
are huggies ok to sleep in ?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

I toss and turn from the minute my head hits the pillow to the moment i get out of bed in the morning

I have woken up to find my pink FW mall studs (with uncomfy thick posts) in the bed not on my ears

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
Here are some sleeper earrings that look comfortable and sturdy:
https://www.disegnojewellery.ca/

see "Fine Lines" p.2 on the website

Small Rwandan Keepers

1624238617031.png

(I have purchased several times from this vendor. Her service is excellent.)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results