shape
carat
color
clarity

Can I have milgrain fixed on a completed wedding band? The metal is dull and grey in one spot, and the edge is scratchy.

Sujibear

Rough_Rock
I bought a platinum infinity wedding band with milgrain from Etsy and made sure they were a “star seller” with pages of 5 star reviews. I received my ring and it has wax on it, which the seller stated was because her husband took light box photos of it, and noticed a spot was dull and more grey. It doesn’t shine. I thought it was from the wax. I realized now the milgrain feels rough in one spot and very jagged-it leaves scratchy marks if you rub your finger on it, and the rest of the ring is amazing. If I take it to a local jeweler is that a relatively easy fix? I’d post a photo but it really doesn’t capture well on my phone. I don’t think if I sent it back to the Etsy seller to fix I would receive it in time as my courthouse wedding is less than a month away and they are in New York, I am in Chicago. Thank you!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s hard to say without seeing a picture. A lot of posters here like Ivy and Rose in Chicago. Perhaps check with them and see if they can do it or recommend someone else. Good luck!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I bought a platinum infinity wedding band with milgrain from Etsy and made sure they were a “star seller” with pages of 5 star reviews. I received my ring and it has wax on it, which the seller stated was because her husband took light box photos of it, and noticed a spot was dull and more grey. It doesn’t shine. I thought it was from the wax. I realized now the milgrain feels rough in one spot and very jagged-it leaves scratchy marks if you rub your finger on it, and the rest of the ring is amazing. If I take it to a local jeweler is that a relatively easy fix? I’d post a photo but it really doesn’t capture well on my phone. I don’t think if I sent it back to the Etsy seller to fix I would receive it in time as my courthouse wedding is less than a month away and they are in New York, I am in Chicago. Thank you!

I would contact David Klass. He does amazing milgrain. I’m sure he would be able to smooth it out for you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results