shape
carat
color
clarity

Can external pressure worsen a feather inside a VS2 stone to the point where it is eye visible but h

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KatieS

Rough_Rock
Just trying to see if what the jeweler is telling me is accurate. Thanks!

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
What is "external pressure"?

Smacking it with a hammer?

GLudlow

Rough_Rock
I'm not a gemologist, but I seem to doubt it. diamonds are very hard. Yes, a sudden hith with, say, a hammer can be bad. But I can't see an internal feather expanding especially if it were just vs2.

KatieS

Rough_Rock
Say, from being set and re-set.

See my whole saga in the post below...

limey

Shiny_Rock
Katie

You are confusing us, you already have a thread asking the same basic question. I think you know the answer already. And YES, a stone can get damaged during setting and unsetting. I specifically asked all jewelers who I reviewed for my project if they were responsible for damage because it happens.

Andrew

KatieS

Rough_Rock
Andrew - I have heard conflicting answers from professionals. I wanted to ask one specific question that people could help me with instead of them having to navigate thru my original post that is now quite long with replies. Sorry if I have confused you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results