shape
carat
color
clarity

Can anyone recommend a store in Chicago w/ a huge selection of preset engagement rings?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
I've been to both dinky mall stores and the diamond district. The former didn't have a good selection (especially of rarer cuts like asschers), and the latter had tons of loose diamonds that were hard to picture in a setting. I'd especially love a place that has really unique pieces like halos and Tacori-style rings. Thanks!

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Though this may answer the heading of your question, if you''re truly interested in more exotic things, less sure. But, and it may not help you a lot to note this, but Tiffany''s on Michigan is likely to have a good number of quality set engagement rings, if helping you visualize the end product is at least part of your objective. Also, when I went to do a Google search for them, I also picked up the other store frequenty mentioned in a positive way about Chicago, Dimend Scasi.

dmask11

Rough_Rock
Good luck with your buy.
Frank
2.gif

portia

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve heard of Steve Quick Jewelers on this board, but haven''t been there so not sure what they have. Might be worth checking out. And then there''s always Graff on Oak St. Serious bling there!

Capitol Bill

Shiny_Rock
Peony,
Go and see Isaac at Dimend Scaasi. He''s a class act and he''ll take good care of you.
Regards,
Bill Scherlag

portia

Brilliant_Rock
peonygirl,

I also highly recommend Issac at Dimend Scassi. We just bought a beautiful cushion cut from him and really nice setting. Here''s a link to a recent thread I started and has pics of the stone and setting (pics are on both pages 1 & 2).

Link to thread

When we went to look at the stone, I remember he said he had some really nice asschers too, but we didn''t look at any. If they are as nice as the cushion we got, they''ll blow your mind away! :)

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
If you''re in the Oak Brook area, Merry Richards Jewelers on 22nd Street has Tacori, Scott Kay and a few high end designers plus a pretty large selection of their own settings. I believe they also have a store in Glenview.

If you''re looking for a pre-set ascher, however, you will be hard presed to find one. I know Merry Richards carries aschers but I think like most stores if that''s what you really want they will have to bring it in for you to look at.

mjboone13

Rough_Rock
I can talk about both Steven Quick and Dimend Scassi.
I actually just purchased my e-ring from Issac at Dimend Scassi, and it is being made right now. He was very informative and helpoed answer all of my questions. He has many rings in settings and will even design a ring for you if you know what you are looking for. He asked what my budget was, and even though it was not a large number, he worked with me to get the best ring for my money. He is about quality instead of quantity. He is a great guy and will do everything he can to get yo ua good price for your ring.

Steven Quick. I live right by their store and went in to talk to them. The selection doesnt seem as large as Dimend Scasso but it is all out there. It is more of a shop feeling instead of a studio feeling of Dimend Scassi. But i did like what they had. You are working with a salesperson, instead of the owner. I would have like to talk to Mr. Quick himself, but that is not an option.

Hope this helps some.

good luck.
m

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results