carat
color
clarity

Can anyone purchase Stuller settings?

darena

Rough_Rock
Hi There.
Here is an update on my Stuller retailers search:
I was looking to buy a gold pendant and set a stone myself. I contacted three retailers mentioned above:
David Klass. His quote was $600. I didnt bother to ask why so much and moved on.
Iamore.jewelry. Their quote was $150
Bruce Spiegel [email protected] His quote was $130, so I ordered the pendant from him. He was very responsive and polite. Haven't see the pendant yet, but its on its way and Bruce provided me with a tracking number.

Pinkmartini87

Brilliant_Rock
@darena Thanks for taking the time to share! Hope it turns out exactly as you pictured it!

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
Hi There.
I was looking to buy a gold pendant and set a stone myself. I contacted three retailers mentioned above:
David Klass. His quote was $600. I didnt bother to ask why so much and moved on.
Bruce Spiegel [email protected] His quote was $130, so I ordered the pendant from him. He was very responsive and polite. Haven't see the pendant yet, but its on its way and Bruce provided me with a tracking number.

Iam perpetually floored at the variance in pricing. I had a wonderful jeweler who would look at the catalog and give me a price 30-40% less. I can't tell you how much I miss him.

Gemstonesrock

Shiny_Rock
VERY helpful thread- esp being able to see Stuller's pdf catalog with wholesale pricing!

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
FYI: I also asked iamore if they set stones, and they don’t.

Attachments

• 67EB647E-673C-4AD0-87F2-12AC4980D75B.jpeg
    67EB647E-673C-4AD0-87F2-12AC4980D75B.jpeg
    115.1 KB · Views: 73

Dhana

Shiny_Rock

is this what we are talking about ?
maybe it’s the finished products only u can buy here?

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
VERY helpful thread- esp being able to see Stuller's pdf catalog with wholesale pricing!
fyi: the prices in the PDF'd catalogs are Stuller's suggested retail price -- not the wholesale price the jeweler pays Stuller. That's because Stuller anticipates that the catalogs are what the retail jewelers will show us consumers.

I don't know Stuller's current pricing MO, but several years ago Stuller advised retailers -- in tiny print on a catalog's back cover or in one of the back pages -- that the suggested retail prices shown in the catalog for merchandise (other than those items in their "contemporary metals" category, e.g., cobalt bands) are "triple keystone" as of the date of printing. That means the suggested retail price is 3x the wholesale price. But please don't expect your retailer to give you the Stuller item at her/his wholesale price.

@Dhana ,vendors now have the ability to enter their own retail prices into the online Jeweler's Showcase they import into their website. So that's why you'll won't see the same price for the same item in every online Jeweler's Showcase.

Last edited:

Gemstonesrock

Shiny_Rock
fyi: the prices in the PDF'd catalogs are Stuller's suggested retail price -- not the wholesale price the jeweler pays Stuller. That's because Stuller anticipates that the catalogs are what the retail jewelers will show us consumers.

I don't know Stuller's current pricing MO, but several years ago Stuller advised retailers -- in tiny print on a catalog's back cover or in one of the back pages -- that the suggested retail prices shown in the catalog for merchandise (other than those items in their "contemporary metals" category, e.g., cobalt bands) are "triple keystone" as of the date of printing. That means the suggested retail price is 3x the wholesale price. But please don't expect your retailer to give you the Stuller item at her/his wholesale price.

@Dhana ,vendors now have the ability to enter their own retail prices into the online Jeweler's Showcase they import into their website. So that's why you'll won't see the same price for the same item in every online Jeweler's Showcase.

Oh @MollyMalone thanks for that very important clarifications about Stuller's pricing and about the pdf catalog showing suggested retail pricing. It makes more sense for sure! And thank you so much @jbake for pointing out the Jewelers Showcase feature that allows you to price out Stuller pieces with specific jewelers. Just to try it out, I found two jewelers in my small town who offer the Jewelers Showcase via their websites. I input the EXACT same pendant mounting and 10 melee diamonds needed for it and got very different pricing! One quote came up $1200 and the other almost double at $2200! As @SouthernGent said, it pays to shop around. I learned a lot from this thread today. Thanks everyone!

Last edited:

Rubymal

Shiny_Rock
Hi There.

How did your pendant turn out?

teslagirl1234

Shiny_Rock
Trade
This is a related question to the original post, I am in need of a wholesaler of high quality cut diamonds. I have been passionate about jewelry for a long time and finally decided to start a small jewelry business. I would like to focus on sales and distribution and outsource the setting work and find great suppliers for really high quality diamonds. Applied for my resale certificate and all legal. What is the best way for me to find a setter or fabrication only business and supplier for diamonds? How much should I expect to pay for high quality work? I am close to Miami FL area. I contacted various vendors I found online and ordered a mounting from a wholesaler for a 30 ct tennis necklace. Now I need a setter and all the stones. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Might attend the jewelry show coming up on March and find some contacts there.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results