alikara

Rough_Rock

Attachments

• GIA.pdf
    934.5 KB · Views: 20

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have zero experience with ovals and their ASETs, but my first stop would be August Vintage for an ideal cut oval. Have you seen these? :love: I believe they are the only ovals with ideal cut grading and no bow tie. Jonathan (the owner) can advise if there are any concerns from a clarity perspective.

There is a significant difference between the ASET you posted, and those on the lab reports for AV ovals ... much more red/green whereas the JA oval has a lot of white, indicating light leakage.

alikara

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the suggestion @the_mother_thing ! I like the concept and what they're doing but I'm not sure yet how I feel about the faceting pattern. Maybe it takes some getting used to.

Can anyone else chime in on the Oval from JA?

headlight

Ideal_Rock
The thing with fancy cuts is it’s about whether the shape is visually pleasing to the wearer. And not about the cut as is the case with rounds. Of course, as mentioned, you can go the way of the new oval cuts that are based on performance. But I understand your hesitation toward the faceting. How do you feel about it? It looks pretty to me. Doesn’t look like it has a bow tie issue. Can you purchase with a full return option? If so, that would be optimal. I like the visual of the crown and table. And it’s an F... that’s going to look so icy white!!! I love ovals that are icy! And VS2 in a 2 carat! If you can return, I would go for it.

alikara

Rough_Rock
Thank you @headlight for the input. I do like the shape and the ratio. 1.40 would've been my ideal but this is pretty close.

I see what you're saying about the cut. I've seen some pretty bad ovals and just want to make sure this one isn't terrible.

I can purchase with a return option but I'd be on the hook for return shipping which will be quite pricey so I have to be pretty sure about it.

new-beginning

Shiny_Rock
Sunshine812 is offering her 1.51 AV Elyque for sale.

alikara

Rough_Rock
@tyty333 Would you care to share your view on the one I posted kindly. I've been following a lot of your posts and you seem to be an expert on ovals.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results