shape
carat
color
clarity

Can anyone identify these gemstones?

beckBeads2

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi, new here, hope this is posted in the correct forum. I bought strands of this gemstone at an IG&J show several years ago. Can anyone identify them from this picture? It's a bit washed out for some reason, but the gemstone has reds,pinks,white,blues,tans,greens, etc., in an opaque bead. Possibly imperial jasper?? Thanks in advance! mysteriousGemstones1.jpg mysteriousGemstones2.jpg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These look like reconstituted stone beads.
I see bits of turquoise and lots of other things in there, seemingly in a gray colored matrix.
The image below is from the Michaels Craft store web site. They look like yours.
These beads below are called "sea sediment jasper" which appears to me like a dyed stone conglomerate. There are many examples being sold online. No one online who is selling it will admit that is not a naturally occurring stone.
10242670_2_r.JPG

Last edited:

beckBeads2

Rough_Rock
Trade
These look like reconstituted stone beads.
I see bits of turquoise and lots of other things in there, seemingly in a gray colored matrix.
The image below is from the Michaels Craft store web site. They look like yours.
These beads below are called "sea sediment jasper" which appears to me like a dyed stone conglomerate. There are many examples being sold online. No one online who is selling it will admit that is not a naturally occurring stone.
Thank you, stracci! I google image searched "sea sediment imperial jasper" and found very similar beads. I have no idea how much I paid for them, thus no idea what to charge. Now I can browse related beads/cabs to help estimate pricing, and also give an accurate description in my etsy store for the item.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results