shape
carat
color
clarity

Can anyone ID edwardian brooch makers mark?

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't quite make out if it is a design or initials on top on one another. Hopefully one of you recognize it or can make out what it is. Thanks for looking!

_37890.jpg

_37891.jpg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is there any possibility it's costume jewelry? Both the Style of the "K" and the shape of the badge are similar to those used by Krementz:

krementz.jpg

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi VRBeauty!

I don't believe it is costume. The store I bought it from tested it as 18K. I tried to take some better pics as I see the "k" you mentioned in the previous pic (good eyes) but I don't think it really is a K. Maybe this is a dumb question, but is the mark always right side up with the jewelry? In the new pics I included the pin stem and the mark would be above the stem wearing right side up. To me it looks like a "P" with a foot on its side and a larger, reverse "2" on its side. Sigh, I can't decifer what it really is. It

_37895.jpg

_37896.jpg

_37897.jpg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm seeing this from a different angle. Kgizo,I saw more photos of the brooch on your other thread.
It looks like a T over a P.
The T and P look like they are written in script.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Stracci! I'm off to look at marks with T and Ps. Fingers crossed.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
This is an aside (I think it looks like a cursive T& P as well), but if any of you have Krementz jewelry and are disappointed that it might be costume ... don't be, necessarily! They actually made some very high-end pieces around the turn of the century. Quick link to a Pinterest page with a good representative sampling:

https://www.pinterest.com/dawnmcneal/krementz-jewelry/

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Circe - thanks for sharing that link. I saw a moonstone bracelet I am lusting after now.

VRBeauty - I appreciate the link. It has a ton of info but I wish the search feature was better.

wtaumme

Rough_Rock
I can't recognize this script, so I can't tell you much about this thing in detail.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results