shape
carat
color
clarity

Can an eternit band be resized?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DJSnax

Rough_Rock
Woops...that should have been "eternity". Sorry!

Hello everyone -

I am in a quandry. My wedding band is a platinum and diamond eternity band (channel set diamonds) and, unfortunately, it's just a little bit too small. I would love to have it made bigger but don't know if that's possible. Can a jeweler just open it up and add more stones or does it need to be taken totally apart and re-made?

Any advice would be much appreciated. I'm so sad that it's not right but I do want to know what I'm up against here!

Thanks.

DJ

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohhh thats tough. Is this really new? If so take it back if its not engraved already. Otherwise...I doubt it can be sized.

fancycoloredfan

Rough_Rock
It depends on how much you want to size it. I'd say if it's only 1/4 up to 1/2 size larger, he/she might be able to stretch it. I've had that done before here.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Short answer: No.
1.gif

When my jeweler made my princess eternity, he made me come and try on the casting without the stones 2 X to be sure...

Patty

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 7/23/2004 8:22:46 PM Feydakin wrote:

I wouldn't.. I certianly wouldn't stretch it either.. You would just be begging the stones to fall out at some point.. You really only have two options..

1. Cut the bottom of the ring and take out one stone.. You will loose the whole eternity deal because you would have 'some' metal showing where a diamond should have been, but at least it would fit..

2. Sizing balls.. Add a couple small sizing balls to the ring and it will 'snug up' while still looking right.. And no one will ever be able to tell.. And if your finger gets larger, just have the balls taken back out..

Definately the best plan..

Steve
----------------

Steve, she wants the ring to be bigger, not smaller.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 7/24/2004 9:30:45 AM Feydakin wrote:

Ok, we take her finger and put it in a lathe and turn it down a half a size..
1.gif

----------------

Good idea!
appl.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Digit Liposuction...I'm tellin' ya, I'm on to something with this ...
2.gif

chialea

Brilliant_Rock
I'm not sure I believe that people can have fat on their hands, but getting the bloat out would be good. Daily diuretic!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
My fingers have always been very wrinkly and bony. I'd like to inject a bit of fat into them. Maybe they could take some out of my hips?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results