shape
carat
color
clarity

Can a saleperson really know about a diamond with this info...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

treepop

Rough_Rock
Report: GIA
Shape: Round
Carat: 0.76
Color: F
Clarity: VS2
Depth: 62
Table: 58
Girdle: MD F
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Excellent
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 5.81-5.87X3.62

the response to my inquirry of this diamond was...

The above diamond will not perform to the highest standards. You will have some light leakage with the table and depth both being out of range. I know that brilliance is the most important aspect of the diamond for you and I do not feel that we could achieve that with the above stone.

Can you really tell about the depth and table being out of range without knowing first the angels of the pavilion and crown?

Thanks

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes and no....
Without more info the angles are impossible to get.
A stone with those numbers could be kicken or could be a dog.
BUT if the vendor is familar with that cutters diamonds and they arent known for great cutting then they could say that.
Of course if they have the diamond in front of them thats a whole nuther ball game.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Treepop,

Also, the salesperson may just not be current. I think the old AGS charts confirmed tables should be between 53 - 58 for best performance, and the also old but still noted here charts say the same (and Dave''s updated his system, too.)

treepop

Rough_Rock
well according to your chart that diamond would be within class 1a american Ideal cut

So what gives? I know the saleperson doesn''t have the stone in front of them...I guess it could be the vendor theory...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results