shape
carat
color
clarity

Camphor Glass Jewelry?

Batgirl76

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

I’ve been looking at some very pretty vintage camphor glass pieces on Etsy, but I’ve never seen this type of jewelry in person. Does anyone own any? Have any photos? I’ve noticed some vendors promote camphor glass as wedding jewelry, so is it too delicate for regular wear? Are there a lot of vintage “fakes” to be aware of and, if so, how would I tell them apart?

Thanks! :kiss2:

Reactions: AV_

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
I bought a white gold camphor pendant with a teeny tiny oec. It’s lovely and I think it would look beautiful for summer....

But it ultimately didn’t ‘spark joy’ on me like my rustic solitaire necklace does *every.single.day* so it sits unloved in its box.

There are bunches of them for sale on Etsy and so forth. They’re worth more when they have the original chain or lavalier with them (mine doesn’t). They seem very Daisy Buchanan in a charming way. Have you seen the ones with colored glass? Adorable.

I bet if you found two of them they would make amazing earrings, too!

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
BF827E93-2314-410B-85B2-9EA22C47E441.jpeg Hi Batgirl76,

My husband gave me a bracelet A couple years ago made of camphor glass with sapphire and diamond accents. I wear it occasionally. It looks delicate but is lovely and has held up well. I am sure there are new pieces made in vintage style. Sorry the photo is not very good. I can try to get a better pic later!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found this pendant at a consignment shop. It was amongst the costume jewelry, and I rescued it!
It is sterling with the original "paper clip" style chain.
The stone is paste. I wear it more in warm weather.
As with any other types of jewelry, there were lots of costume pieces made in white colored metal. Just look for the karat mark on the metal to be sure what you're getting.

IMG_20190303_130130159.jpg

Last edited:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BF827E93-2314-410B-85B2-9EA22C47E441.jpeg Hi Batgirl76,

My husband gave me a bracelet A couple years ago made of camphor glass with sapphire and diamond accents. I wear it occasionally. It looks delicate but is lovely and has held up well. I am sure there are new pieces made in vintage style. Sorry the photo is not very good. I can try to get a better pic later!
OMG, this is so lovely!:love::love:

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you Stracci2000!

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I found this pendant at a consignment shop. It was amongst the costume jewelry, and I rescued it!
It is sterling with the original "paper clip" style chain.
The stone is paste. I wear it more in warm weather.
As with any other types of jewelry, there were lots of costume pieces made in white colored metal. Just look for the karat mark on the metal to be sure what you're getting.

IMG_20190303_130130159.jpg
This pendant is gorgeous! Glad you rescued it!

Batgirl76

Shiny_Rock
Your jewelry is so beautiful Luce and Stracci2000! I love all the detail work. I never knew what paper clip style chains were so it’s great to see an example. They look sturdier than some of the gold chains in a lot of high end jewelry stores for sure.

I’m sorry to hear that you’re that you’re not totally enamored with your pendant InsecureSweetGirl. But at least they’re not over the top expensive. Thanks for the heads up on the colored CG pieces. I’ll have to look for those!

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! It’s very pretty, there’s nothing wrong with what I bought, it’s just I’m so in love with my other necklace that I just don’t wear it. I hope you find one (or several) that you like!

Batgirl76

Shiny_Rock
Outbid :(2 But that’s OK, there are others.
In the process though I did discover that Goodwill has some really nice jewelry pieces up for auction, at really good prices. And for a great cause. Win-Win =)2

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Outbid :(2 But that’s OK, there are others.
In the process though I did discover that Goodwill has some really nice jewelry pieces up for auction, at really good prices. And for a great cause. Win-Win =)2
Oh, sorry you didn't get it, it was a nice one!
Yeah, when you start looking around online, the camphor pieces are out there.
For me, the battle is finding the price that I'm willing to pay.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
I think I will let mine go. I don’t want to discuss it here for violating the rules though. Admin please delete this comment if it is in violation. Thanks.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results