shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling UK PS’ers

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm looking for recommendations. I would like to find a good but not expensive jeweller to set inexpensive gemstones. I don’t mind posting them to a jeweller. Anyone working with silver would be a bonus.

Thank you!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I use an eBay vendor by the shop name of diamondmounts based in Southern China.
I have been using for a few years.

There were no issues part from the second ring's shank at the bottom being a tad thinner than I had expected, which they acknowledge was their oversight.

I do not believe they work with silver, sorry!

I get what I paid for, in that the ring settings are not as solidly made as higher end versions to save on metal and price. They are fine with no complaints for inexpensive stones.

Can't post link, sorry.

DK :))

737liz

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I used Karen Johnson on etsy to set my sugarloaf and it's ok. The bezel is tight and the argentium is substantial. She's good enough that I'll use her again for chunky organic pieces, but with stricter 'instructions'.
The ring she sent out was visibly wonky and if I wanted to, I'm sure I could send it back to be fixed but I'll live with it until I set something else with her, to save on postage. She said several times that she wanted me to get the look I wanted but also gently recommended I have the bezel drop into the band instead of being raised, and I wish I'd listened to her, as it sits very high. So I think she has a good sense of proportions. She's not the cheapest, but was willing to work with outside stones, and argentium (it's not hallmarked though).
IMG_20180820_183627.jpg IMG_20180820_183600.jpg

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I bought my fiancé's Lego ring from a guy called Magpie Jared in Scotland. He's on Etsy and has a facebook page. He does work with silver and I notice he has gem mounted rings too. Might be worth looking at his page.
I was looking for a lego ring after seeing a place that 3D printed them, but Jared cast his, had one already made and was in the UK so I bought that one.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you all very much. I shall have a look at your suggestions :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results