shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling snotty_pie! Tell me about your gorgeous studs?

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi @snotty_pie !

I’m about to upgrade my studs and I remembered your gorgeous settings. I hope you don’t mind if I want to create something inspired by them, with some modifications to suit me..? I adore the floral outline of your earrings!

I had a few questions for you- do you find the setting causes them to stick out from the earlobe more than regular settings? My diamonds are significantly smaller than yours at 0.8ct, but I can’t help wondering what it’s like in real life!

snotty_pie

Shiny_Rock
Hello there! I would be honored if you were to be inspired by them!

I don't find that they stick out more than a basket setting would, but they do stick out more than a martini setting (since the back is flat, like a basket). I do find them quite comfortable, and I am not worried about the ear hole getting stretched out.

HTH!

snotty_pie

Shiny_Rock
Here are two more shots of the earrings showing how far they stick out.

Also close-ups of my ear are so weird!
IMG_1241.jpg IMG_1240.jpg

Nikki1415

Brilliant_Rock
Those look so pretty, I have never seen those type of earring settings. Can you please post more photos?

Nikki1415

Brilliant_Rock
Wow those are gorgeous! May I ask, who made them?

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much!! That is extremely helpful :)

I’ll make sure to post photos once they’re done! I absolutely LOVE your settings! They were made by a local jeweller, is that correct? I remember poring over all the photos and posts of your earrings on the SMTB studs thread!

snotty_pie

Shiny_Rock
I am actually not sure who made them. They were created by a jeweler in Thailand and were sitting in my mom's safe for years and years. :love:

snotty_pie

Shiny_Rock
Awesome, I can't wait to see yours!

Thank you so much!! That is extremely helpful :)

I’ll make sure to post photos once they’re done! I absolutely LOVE your settings! They were made by a local jeweller, is that correct? I remember poring over all the photos and posts of your earrings on the SMTB studs thread!

LaylaR

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Those are really pretty. What are the dimensions and can you take a picture of the backings? That would be great.

snotty_pie

Shiny_Rock
@LaylaR - Just saw your questions! Here are a couple of photos showing dimensions. I don't have calipers, but looks like the backs are appx 6 mm in diameter, and the earrings are about 7 mm diameter counting the setting and about 15mm in length down the post.

IMG_1257.jpg

IMG_1258.jpg

Those are really pretty. What are the dimensions and can you take a picture of the backings? That would be great.

LaylaR

Shiny_Rock
Trade
They are beautiful, wear them in good health. I really love them!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results