shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling Pearl Experts! Mikimoto A1 or A vs Pearl Paradise Hanadama

miimac7

Shiny_Rock
Hello over here in Pearl land!!! My second love after diamonds is pearls. I love my two mikimoto A1 7.0-7.5mm pearl strands worn together, worn independently, or layered with a pendant or chain type necklace. I posted a couple of my favorite looks! Well the time as come for a bigger strand. I really want a 9.0-9.5mm akoya pearl strand. I priced out miki A and A+. I will go with A b/c I feel the cost vs quilty doesn’t warrant the A+. I also want to be able to layer and being that pearls are on the fragile side I’m not comfortable doing so at the A+ price point. I was set to go and then I started having doubts about layering strands and necklaces with even cost of the A quality miki’s. I mean that’s a whole lotta moolaa to be spending and then worry about wearing the strand layered (hope that makes sense). So I came here and gathered some info. Wondering your thoughts on this option:

1. A quality miki
vs
2. Hanadama quality akoya’s from pearl paradise

I could get TWO 9.0-9.5mm strands from PP and be less than one miki. However, will I see a huge quality diff and regret? B9024E12-26B9-49B3-B648-49F1943FD467.jpeg 5A1E6988-7F7E-4A6D-A586-9E9F9DBBDF6D.jpeg

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! I am following because I see a set of Miki's in my future. Hope you get some good answer!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am following too because i am intetested in layering and the possible damage
Good luck
looking forward to the pictures

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally wouldn’t bother with the Miki premium at A quality - those aren’t the ultra rare specimens that only Miki can get. And I applaud your realism with regard to how you’re going to wear this strand - I wouldn’t bother with extraordinarily high quality pearls for regular layering and knotting either!

I would add one more vendor to your shortlist for consideration - Takahashi is based out of Japan. Their quality for cost is exceptional, but their buying procedures are a bit unusual - just do a PS search if you’re interested ::)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results